• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review/thoughts on our playoff Carolina win

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-This one will be a little shorter than usual, gotta head to the bar to celebrate!

-Moving on! Tough fought game by us. Looked crappy at times but we pulled together!

-Gore is great. Lot of tough yards and getting extra yards that aren't there. Great vision and patience on a lot of runs.

-The oline stepped it up as the game went on. They started off the game really shaky and I was having flashbacks from our last game against them. Anthony Davis sucked in the beginning but I dont remember seeing him much so he must have tightened things up. We only gave up one sack too against i think the number one sacking defense in the league.

-Boldin was a monster! Seems like every game we have someone stepping up. He made a lot of tough catches and plays.

-Crabtree too had some nice plays and catches. Hopefully he isn't too injured because he seemed quiet as the game went on.

-Vernon Davis, despite his TDs in back to back games, is struggling. He's dropping passes and just not making enough big plays. He needs to step it up in Seattle.

-The defense got really good in the 2nd half. Made some huge plays out there. Bowman, Brooks, and Skuta made some nice plays. Justin Smith got some good pressure too.

-Cox was the weak link on defense but no real surprises here.

-Brock played well. He held Ginn on one play where he was beat badly. It was actually a smart foul but Newton still couldve completed it.

-Reid was really quiet. Probably a good thing?

-kaepernick got better as the game went on, pretty much like our whole team. He still has the flaws that have been discussed over and over throughout the season but he's making plays.

833193285.gif

-Its unbelievable we are going to our 3rd straight NFC champsionship. Hell of an accomplishment. We need to finish this up!

Cheers everyone!:suds::suds::suds::suds::suds:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That last part.

We need to finish this up or it all means nothing.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlike the last few close games, this was a convincing win.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
----3rd and 1 big run by Gore
----big 3rd down catch by Crabby where he went high.
----Boldin. Pick a highlight.
----Kaep's TD
----Our D is so legit. Two stuffs at the goal line.
----Dawson.
----Dixon and McDonald should get props for filling in for Will and Bruce

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
----3rd and 1 big run by Gore
----big 3rd down catch by Crabby where he went high.
----Boldin. Pick a highlight.
----Kaep's TD
----Our D is so legit. Two stuffs at the goal line.
----Dawson.
----Dixon and McDonald should get props for filling in for Will and Bruce

Dear Lord. I hope they aren't forced to finally sign Marecic. As bad as I don't like Dixon and as much as he drives me crazy, I think I'd rather roll with him if Roman and company don't see another skillset necessary for hopefully the next two games.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Lord. I hope they aren't forced to finally sign Marecic. As bad as I don't like Dixon and as much as he drives me crazy, I think I'd rather roll with him if Roman and company don't see another skillset necessary for hopefully the next two games.

I think we can survive with Dixon and McD.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not having to deal with Jonathan Stewart's skillset helped today, too. I'm not sure I saw his name once in the game thread?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thoughts are we have the best Coach in the league and the best QB in the playoffs. Great Combo.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree Brown was the weak link.

Kap TD was awesome. Zipper it back up. LOL

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Joe Person:

Munnerlyn said PI on Florence was horrible. Thought Niners got away w/more. "I'll prolly get fined for what I'm saying but it's how I feel."

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win obviously... survived a bloodbath IMO...

I can't really put the game ball to one person or unit... gameball goes to the 49ers as a team...

I believe the TWO Goal line stands were our haymaker to the panthers quick strikes....

The run game was on when we went with it...

Bolding was a pure beast

Our defense played exceptional

Our OL are an unsung hero, one sack(?) given up to the sack leading defense? What protection and strength to match... bravo n well deserved..

Kap, this is the life of being his fan, he'll make you mad but he'll make you melt... lol...

Gameball to the entire team.. beautiful response!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Joe Person:

Munnerlyn said PI on Florence was horrible. Thought Niners got away w/more. "I'll prolly get fined for what I'm saying but it's how I feel."

It was the right call. And you did get away with tackling Boldin before the ball got there the play before.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what was bad was the Skuta sack. It was a regular tackle for a sack and he got a flag for nothing. That is what is bad. U can't tackle low, High or in the middle any more. How do you tackle a QB now? Also what about the helmet to helmet on Kap in the 1st. No call. What a joke.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
San Francisco 49ers official twitter:

Boldin asks the first question at @Kaepernick7's press conference: "Colin, why didn't you throw the ball to Anquan earlier?" #QuestForSix

------------

Joe Person:

Pretty touching moment between Steve Smith and his 2 sons in locker room. Hug from the youngest.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Was a mostly crappy 1st half aside from 2 excellent goal line stands and the TD drive to end it.

Great 2nd half as it seems like we made the necessary adjustments to dominate the rest of the game.

Still have some areas that need to be cleaned up but so far this team has just been really clutch when it matters and I've been impressed with that aspect.

Champions find a way to make the plays that matter when it's needed and that's what we have.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to mention that game management on the Road was well improved from last week. Credit to the staff and Kap with fixing that problem.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy there, cowboy. Manning, Rodgers, Brees and Brady easily are better, and not close.

Im talking about playoffs. Only QB I can see someone taking right now is Brady. Brees and Peyton are not good playoff QBs and not good road QBs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith looked really slow in the second half.