• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review of the game

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After watching the game, I thought Smith played pretty well. He wasn't given too many opportunities to throw downfield but he made, especially in the 2nd half, some pretty money throws. I thought our line was suspect in pass protection and HORRIBLE in run blocking. Norris should not be on the field ever. The 4th and short where they motioned Boone and got Seattle to jump shows that there is a rhyme to the reason and was pretty impressed with the thought process. On defense, it really was a tail of two halves and I have to credit SEA with changing up the gameplan at halftime. I thought that Williams' penalty was bullshit and Ginn was saved by those back to back trips to the end zone, bc prior to those, I would have given him a D+. I have confidence in Harbaugh as I believe its not a matter of holding back gameplanning but rather getting the offense up to speed after the extended lockout. As much of a perfectionist as Harbaugh seems to be, it would only make sense that he would focus on a few plays first in order to get them down then move on when the offense shows to have mastered them.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well, good to get a win but not an overly impressive performance. Why couldn't we run the ball, at all??

Interesting that so many want to lay the blame for the conservative passing to Smith alone. I think the receiving corp is also to blame as it has to be one of the weakest in the league. Not a game breaker in there. Vernon is really good, maybe Edwards is really good. Other than that, blah.

As ot Vernon and his alligator arms: it looked to me like the DB grabbed his bicep, holding his arm back so that it looked like a gator. Only saw the one replay so not so sure.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, good to get a win but not an overly impressive performance. Why couldn't we run the ball, at all??

Interesting that so many want to lay the blame for the conservative passing to Smith alone. I think the receiving corp is also to blame as it has to be one of the weakest in the league. Not a game breaker in there. Vernon is really good, maybe Edwards is really good. Other than that, blah.

As ot Vernon and his alligator arms: it looked to me like the DB grabbed his bicep, holding his arm back so that it looked like a gator. Only saw the one replay so not so sure.

What I didn't get is why Davis didn't seem to make a big deal about being piggy-backed. It was sort of like how the kick returner didn't respond to the kick as if it hit him so some assumed that it didn't. Did Davis not think it was a PI or does he typically not complain to the refs?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VD could of caught that pass. I have NFL game rewind, VD begins to slow down at the 50 yard line and Smith's pass drops right inside the SEA 45 yard line. When the ball hits the inside the SEA's 45, VD is around SEA's 47 yard line. IF he continues to run full speed, he catches that pass.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
VD could of caught that pass. I have NFL game rewind, VD begins to slow down at the 50 yard line and Smith's pass drops right inside the SEA 45 yard line. When the ball hits the inside the SEA's 45, VD is around SEA's 47 yard line. IF he continues to run full speed, he catches that pass.

I believe he lost the ball, didn't know where it was......and my initial guess was that he didn't complain about PI because he never saw the ball and maybe figured it was uncatchable.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VD seemed hesitant yesterday, i dont know if it was just me but it didnt seem like he was going full speed out there. Couple times after the catch it seemed he basically just took the tackle and fell down. Maybe he is hurt a little? Could just be me thinking this thought idk.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We scored more than 20 points and we got the win great effort! The Defense looked great for the most part. Pressure from everywhere and pass coverage everywhere. The Offense looked a step or two slow on the quick hitting runs and passes. I think timing will need to improve against Dallas!

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think we need to see some improvement in the offense. I think we need to get from "Taking what the defense gives you" to "dictating to the defense how they must play you". Not sure exactly how you make that step, perhaps schematicly through personnel packages, moving people around to see how the defense reacts to it; I don't know, but it sure looked like the Pats last night had the Dolphins reacting to what they were doing instead of the opposite. I'd like to see the 49ers get there