• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My review of the game

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's my review and some points about the game.

• -Extremely disappointing performance from our team. The biggest thing from this game and the last game against Seattle is it appears we cant match their intensity for some reason. Seattle is always extremely fired up to be playing us. Some of our players have talked crap back so you think we would be more intense. Seattle's defense has all 11 guys flying around and playing extremely hard. I just dont see that with our defense.

• -For us supposedly having the best front 7 in football, we sure do get pushed around a lot. Even against the Packers last week, specifically the 2nd half of the game, our front 7 was getting pushed around and the Packers were able to run. Our Run D isn't close to what it was 2 years ago. A lot of us noticed that last year that was a fall off in our Run D. Still very good but 2 years ago, we were extremely dominate here.

• -For the amount of "play makers" we have on Defense, they just dont make plays and many of them disapear. There are 3 defenders on our defense that I think are big time players. Aldon Smith, Navarro Bowman, and Eric Reid. I loved Eric Reid in college and was extremely happy we drafted him. It might be a little premature to put him in this group, but I have all the faith in the world in him. Patrick Willis just disappears too much. He doesn't seem to be the same player from years ago. Same thing with Justin Smith. obviously these players are very good but hell, I think Brooks is more noticable out there then these two.

• -Nmandi Asomugha is going to be an issue for us this year. I was hoping it was mostly scheme and and the atmosphere he was in in philly but he has lost quite a bit. He doesn't appear fast, misses tackles, and doesn't play the ball very well.

• -So what the hell exactly was our offensive game plan? It seemed like to me to use Miller for some unknown reason and also the read option. Seemed like we were looking for big plays a lot as well. I dont know if that is on Kap for not checking down and looking for safer throws or if it was the offensive design. My game plan would have been to use two TE sets with McDonald being out there a lot. I wouldve down some quick, short throws and some screens every once in a while. I dont know why were aren't using McDonald more, especially with our WRs sucking.

• -Our offensive line has really struggled these first two weeks. The first week, they held up well in pass protections but still couldn't open up lanes. This week they sucked in both departments. I didn't really see any of them playing particular well and I think the worst performers, were Anthony Davis and Joe Staley.

• -I'd love to see more of Patton out there. We need to try something. Our WR's are pretty pathetic and do not scare anyone. Maybe Patton can offer some kind of spark.

• -Kaepernick had probably the worst game I have ever seen him play. He was missing throws, missing reads, and was indecisive. He seemed rattled in the pocket and after his first read was covered, he'd panic. He had some decent runs and probably left a good chunk of yards on the field because he seemed hesitant to run. As was stated before, I really think Kaepernick needs to play a little more conservative and do some short throws. Get some short completions so the defense doesn't just tee off on you. There seems to be too many big play attempts.

• - I miss Crabtree

Last edited by a moderator:

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The lack of a run game through 2 games has me worried.

Seahawks were definitely more fired up...

I'm starting to wonder if our defense peaked the year we played the Saints and Giants in the playoffs.
Back then we had more intensity. We didn't allow a rushing TD almost the whole year.

Seahawks D may be peaking now. They loaded up on pass rushers and their secondary has a great starting 4.

Seahawks will be super tough to beat at home. If they get home field I can't see any team going in there with that noise and beating them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle can run the ball when their passing game flounders; the 49ers cannot. Seattle dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage. Any coach from now on who plays a zone against the 49er receivers should lose his job. These are not NFL caliber receivers who can beat man coverage. Our offensive line is way over-rated, sois our QB and Frank Gore, I'm afraid, is a step too slow now.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their intensity can also be because it was a huge home game with that crowd. That will fire up a team. Also the steroids running rampant on that team.

I don't think Willis is disappearing, although I do think he (entire defense) weren't very good yesterday. But against Green Bay he isn't going to have big numbers with the way their offense works.

I think it is more the defense no longer creates turnovers. They got a gimmey pick last night because the receiver fell. I stopped watching too early to see if they created another one, but they just don't get turnovers anymore. Look at the Bears. Doesn't matter who is out there, they are getting interceptions and returning them for big plays. The secondary needs to be dismantled. I would keep Brown, Reid, and Culliver, and get rid of everyone else.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their intensity can also be because it was a huge home game with that crowd. That will fire up a team. Also the steroids running rampant on that team.

I don't think Willis is disappearing, although I do think he (entire defense) weren't very good yesterday. But against Green Bay he isn't going to have big numbers with the way their offense works.

I think it is more the defense no longer creates turnovers. They got a gimmey pick last night because the receiver fell. I stopped watching too early to see if they created another one, but they just don't get turnovers anymore. Look at the Bears. Doesn't matter who is out there, they are getting interceptions and returning them for big plays. The secondary needs to be dismantled. I would keep Brown, Reid, and Culliver, and get rid of everyone else.

lol Steroids running rampant... That's and in-depth observation... sour grapes man!!

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was lack of composure across the board and the offense. I think we should keep in mind that the score was 5-0 at the half. Hugh Millen was on the radio this morning in Seattle and was saying that he was on teams where it was so clear the offense was doing nothing and was not going to do anything the rest of the game that a defense that had been playing well sort of subconsciously either tried to do too much or gave up a little. He thinks that happened here and I think we should keep that in mind. THe offense was putrid, truly dreadful, but this team can't pretend that it doesn't have a problem matching up with Seattle anymore, the offense and Kaepernick needs to go back to school and learn how to address this.

Kaepernick's performance was really disappointing, he overthrew people, ran when he should have thrown, thrown when he should have ran, just horrible.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle can run the ball when their passing game flounders; the 49ers cannot. Seattle dominated both sides of the line of scrimmage. Any coach from now on who plays a zone against the 49er receivers should lose his job. These are not NFL caliber receivers who can beat man coverage. Our offensive line is way over-rated, sois our QB and Frank Gore, I'm afraid, is a step too slow now.

Give your defense credit for that though... Niners were playing very good defense until the 4th quarter where I think they tired a little... But you guy's shut us down just as much as we shut you down the first half... Points were tough to come bye....I expected that because both teams have top notch defenses...

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, your D only gave up 3 points in the first half.
You guys aren't nearly in as bad of shape that you probably feel like today. So far it seems Kaepernick likes to lay an egg whenever he's in Seattle but I'll bet he sorts that out eventually. The race for the division is far from over.

P.S.
Gore used to gash us for 200 yards a game but we finally figured him out it seems. Kaep will do the same and learn to play in Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm glad Boogie & Tacoma know football. Your not here bragging or shit like that. It's just Tuff 2 win n The Link. Good Game last night fellas.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need more practice time, forget about lastnight.

:tb:......practice! Practice! PRACTICE!

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Niners D made poor attempts at tackling, a few times again taking the wrong angles. Not taking anything away from the Hawks, just stating Niners had that issue in game 1 and didn't improve in week 2, at least in my opinion.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give your defense credit for that though... Niners were playing very good defense until the 4th quarter where I think they tired a little... But you guy's shut us down just as much as we shut you down the first half... Points were tough to come bye....I expected that because both teams have top notch defenses...

Yep a defense can only do so much when the offense keeps going three and out. I think the Seahawks started drives inside our 25 3 times in the second half because of turnovers they forced on our pathetic offense.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, your D only gave up 3 points in the first half.
You guys aren't nearly in as bad of shape that you probably feel like today. So far it seems Kaepernick likes to lay an egg whenever he's in Seattle but I'll bet he sorts that out eventually. The race for the division is far from over.

P.S.
Gore used to gash us for 200 yards a game but we finally figured him out it seems. Kaep will do the same and learn to play in Seattle.

I'm afraid that age has figured him out, he seems a step or two slow now.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense looked good until late in the game when they were understandbly worn out. Kaep looked timid, rattled and very much like a rookie. He missesd at least two first downs he could of run for to extend drives to throw god awful no chance in hell passess. Seattle brought pressure Gore didnt get enough carries to get going. Boldin seemed to want to play shove sherman more than go out into patterns. Offense as a whole was complete and utterly pathetic. The pistol needs to be a now and then thing not the main offensive option.