• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Opinion: The Most Overrated Team entering 2014-15 will be...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trailblazers.jpg

Why? This is an extreme jump-shooting team the Spurs mopped the floor with in this year's Playoffs. A look at the core pieces of this team:

Nik Batum - Takes way too many threes for a player with his diverse skill set, making him a liability on the court at times and placing a limit on those said all-around skills.

Wesley Matthews - In my opinion, could be a starting SG on a title team. He's that good a glue guy. However, over half his FG attempts this season were from three as well, meaning he and Batum aren't an ideal tandem of wing mates.

LaMarcus Aldridge - Looking back, the Aldridge/Tyrus Thomas swap on draft night in 2006 was easily the worst trade in the last 20 years. I live near Chicago and knew at the time in wasn't a good trade for them. That being said, he's still a bit too-reliant on his mid-range game to ever be a #1 on a title contender.

One of the newest aquisitions, Chris Kaman, also has a lukewarm offensive skill set. All he's ever done in his career is lose and I don't know how this guy keeps getting paid.

Their future lies with Damian Lilliard, who is clearly their best penetrator. However, judging by his on-court actions, you could tell he too wants hoist shots from the perimeter.

Honestly, I would go as far as to say this is the most jumper-happy team I've seen in all my years following the game of basketball, and I think they will start to get exposed in what will be a difficult Western Conference to say the least. Don't be surprised if they miss the Playoffs in 2015.

Go Nuggs!

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wont be a real championship team.
They do have flaws that can be exposed...

But, to be over-rated means a lot of people are highly rating them.
I don't think anyone is highly rating them.

Most people probably put them as somewhere between a 4 seed (high) and 9th place (low) in the West. They are likely predicted to maybe win one playoff series and then go home.

To me they are rated properly as a team that will win 44-53 games.

Unless, of course you believe they will struggle to even make the playoffs.
Then of course, I understand your belief in over-rating. And you make valid points.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post Your Way Too Early 1-8 Seedings for 2015:

We pretty much now know what teams will have. I am assuming Melo in NY, Pau in Chicago. Only outlier is Love, but oh well, it's time to guess rankings:

West:

1. OKC Thunder
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. LA Clippers
4. Portland Blazers
5. Golden State Warriors
6. Houston Rockets
7. Memphis Grizzlies
8. Kobe's Lakers

** Odd men out include Dallas and Phoenix

East:

1. Indiana Pacers
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Cleveland Cavs (yes I think they will improve this much)
4. Toronto Raptors
5. New York Knicks (Fisher may get coach of the year as a puppet)
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Miami Heat
8. Boston Celtics

** Odd men out include Washington and Charlotte

Thoughts?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops. Meant to create new thread with the above as to include both conferences. Will repost.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly I'm the most hated poster on this board post-by-post. I only average 1.86 posts per day since joining SportsHoopla in April 2013, so I'm doing something right. Still, I don't know if I should be flattered or freaked out by this, as I still have several male stalkers - Heatles, Shane, Doors, Lakerzrule, and many many more...

I'm sure some of you are charming young men. But unfortunately for you guys, I'm attracted to chicks, not dudes. I'm not actually "ghey" as our boy Shane man likes to spell it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We pretty much now know what teams will have. I am assuming Melo in NY, Pau in Chicago. Only outlier is Love, but oh well, it's time to guess rankings:

West:

1. OKC Thunder
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. LA Clippers
4. Portland Blazers
5. Golden State Warriors
6. Houston Rockets
7. Memphis Grizzlies
8. Kobe's Lakers

** Odd men out include Dallas and Phoenix

East:

1. Indiana Pacers
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Cleveland Cavs (yes I think they will improve this much)
4. Toronto Raptors
5. New York Knicks (Fisher may get coach of the year as a puppet)
6. Atlanta Hawks
7. Miami Heat
8. Boston Celtics

** Odd men out include Washington and Charlotte

Thoughts?

really you think that the Lakers will even sniff the playoffs

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Blazers are less over rated than the Knicks.
Not sure how big a difference Phil will make not drawing the X & O's on the sidelines and Fish is a rookie coach.
Just don't see this team doing anything where I'm confident that the Blazers will be in the post season.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is starbigd to tell us that the Lakers are the most overrated team in basketball? :rolleyes:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Kaman's actually a decent player who makes good contributions when he's healthy, and when D'Antoni isn't his coach.