• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My observations from last night game against the Giants

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game plan right there on D is what we need to see more often. Our CBs have to press. They just are not athletic enough to give 5-10 yards of cushion. In press mode, they are actually pretty decent. The Rams game through 3 Qtrs. was basically the same but they let off in the 4th. This week...it was full throttle. Got to stick with it until someone can beat it.

That team we saw last night can beat anyone in the NFL. How often will we see it? Thats the question left undetermined. But as of right now..I love where this D is heading.

Honestly my biggest concern with the whole team is Foles. He just cant be turning it over like this. He leads the NFL in turnovers. If he was just middle of the pack...we are 6-0 and looking like a SB favorite. As it is, no one knows what to make of this team and a big reason is no one knows how good Foles is yet.

The better Defenses will be hard to score against unless Foles gets his act together.

Some good points in here. But it is easy to press the Giants when their line is shaky and they are trying to throw everything short and get the ball out of Eli's hands in three seconds. Disrupt those WRs off the line and you blow the whole thing up.

As for Foles, he played well early. His mistakes came when the team had a lead and he should have been eating balls for sacks or throwing out of bounds instead of trying to press to make plays.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks could be losing their pro bowl LT Okung for possibly the rest of the year with a torn labrum. Would be a HUGE blow.

The NFC could be there for the taking.:suds:

You are correct there.

I have gone on record saying that I did not think the Seahawks offense was that good. I even went on record saying that Russell Wilson is overrated that if given the choice of the draft class I would only take Luck over Foles. I still feel that way.

The blueprint to beat the Seahawks is there. The Cowboys and Chargers both used it. Other teams only need to execute it. Up until this weekend I felt that the Seahawks defense was unstoppable and felt the Chargers game was a fluke. Turns out that speed backs are the bane of the Seahawks. They had no answer for the Cowboys speed in the backfield. In the second half they did look out for it and that slowed the Cowboys down but that offensive line was destroying the Seahawks. The could get nowhere near Romo.

Russell Wilson is nothing if he does not get to use his legs. He is a short QB and while smart is not what I would consider a top ranked passer. The Cowboys took away his running and he looked like crap.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bench Mccoy??? I didn't see anyone say they wanted Mccoy Benched.....I think the guys a fuckin Asshole but he is a talented Asshole, he helps us win.

The airwaves were full of Eagles fans with broken ankles......

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Peterson played like crap against Dez Bryant. I expect a big passing game out of Foles vs Arizona, now that we seem to be able to run again.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets not get ahead here... p-pete is the best in the game.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about McCoy's game last night is that it did wonders for his confidence. I think he was down a bit as he hasn't been productive while Sproles has been taking a bit of his thunder. Overall though, McCoy has to find a way to get yards when the holes aren't as big as they were last night. If he reverts back to the dancing and trying to take everything outside against better D's ... this love fest won't last.

McCoy's success against the Giants can be attributed to Kelly's realization that they need a blocking tight end (Celek) in the lineup when opponents stack the box. Ertz needs to learn how to block if he wants to be on the field. 73 snaps on offense against the GMen, Celek was on the field for 57 of them, Ertz was limited to 30 plays. That change to the offense and McCoy returns to form. Expect to see more Celek, less Ertz, for the rest of the season.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy's success against the Giants can be attributed to Kelly's realization that they need a blocking tight end (Celek) in the lineup when opponents stack the box. Ertz needs to learn how to block if he wants to be on the field. 73 snaps on offense against the GMen, Celek was on the field for 57 of them, Ertz was limited to 30 plays. That change to the offense and McCoy returns to form. Expect to see more Celek, less Ertz, for the rest of the season.

Ertz has come to realize that as well, and has been putting in the extra work, and apparently it is paying off:

newsapaper article; scroll down for quote said:
Zach Ertz has been putting in extra time to improve his run blocking, getting work in with Jason Peters after practice. And while this was only one game, that work appears to be paying of.

Here, Ertz is going to come across the formation and take Pierre-Paul out.

Philly blog article.

This article discusses changes/issues with the run game as well.

Also, Molk (especially) seems to have done a much better job this week in (a) getting to his block, and (b) sustaining it. Especially against San Francisco, but in general, he s***ed at sustaining blocks.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NYG did NOT stack the box..that was the main difference. Dumb dumb dumb.

Until Foles get his act together and Mathis/Kelce come back..the run game will have problems if teams stack the box.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we struggle with a full box (no pun intended) but foles has open guys, he just has been wildly inaccurate this year. Mathews and ertz have been consistently open, maclin pushes the deep sideline well, all it takes is a decent game by foles and we win by 20 every week. No way foles stinks it up like he did the first 4 weeks for the whole season. Teams can stack the box... great, that just gives more room to work for the receivers.