• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My observations from last night game against the Giants

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27-0 beat down of one of the hottest offenses in football.

1. Statement game by the Eagles defense, they were in Eli`s face from the first time he dropped back.

2. Connor Barwin has been playing at a pro bowl level, he does a lot of the dirty work but now he has the stats to back it up.

3. Fletcher Cox really is a key cog that nobody talks about on this team. He is playing a very high level.

4. Welcome back Shady McCoy, decisive running, taking what the defense gave him and he was consistently getting to the second level. This is a run first team and without him running the rock an getting yards this teams offense will not work

5. OK game by Foles, two worst throws were both picked off. Looked much more decisive in his passes. Thought on the Rolle INT he was trying to throw the ball away, back footed it and didn`t get enough on it. Poor pass not necessary a bad thought process. The 2nd INT was a play design issue as much as it was the throough. why did we have two recievers within 3 yards of each other on the sideline. It was easy for the corner covering maclin to come off his man and pick off the pass. Bad decision to make the throw but a poor play design added to it. Otherwise I think Foles played well. So overall its just an OK game for him.

6. Tobin and Molk played pretty well last night but I was most impressed with Heremens. He was really good leveling guys all over the field.

7. Casey Mathews ducks as I say it, had his second good game in a row. He actually is playing like a servicable backup. Good job by the coaching staff coaching him up.

8. Billy Davis game plan was great last night. 3-4 defenses seem to do well against the west coast offense.

9. What else can we say by Darrin Sproles, exept Get well soon, he has been our offensive and special teams MVP so far this year.

10. Heck of a catch by Zach Ertz for the TD, nice to see the Eagles using the TE more, that helps open up more things. I think Chip started to trust the offensive line more, which in turn is allowing the TE to get back out in the patterns which gives Foles the Binky he needs to be successful.

11. Kudos to the fans at the stadium, it was loud there last night and it came through very clear watching on TV

Overall we ar 5-1 and we just shut out a division rival coming into our house playing at a high level.

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Birds won a game they should have won. No surprise win when the Birds play to their talent. veryone had the Birds beating the GMen before the season. Let's not get too big a woody

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't ask for a better start to the season, 5-1 going into the bye, I only see two or three games that are toss ups.

We should get kendricks back vs Arizona and that will be a tough game. Hopefully foles has turned a corner. When this defense is attacking and our offense is firing on all cylinders there isnt a team in football that can beat us. We still need two starting corners but we have more than enough talent to win it all. If the Ravens can win with two crappy corners (williams and Jimmy smith) we sure as hell can.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we played really well in all phases of the game. Foles made a couple bad throws but that happens.

Best news was that Mathis and Kelce are expected back by the Panthers game. Will be really nice to have our offensive line back for a run at the playoffs. :D

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacAdoo was exposed.
Those ready to bench McCoy got shown.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacAdoo was exposed.
Those ready to bench McCoy got shown.

I was for giving Polk a shot since Shady was spending too much time dancing. I wasn't trying to replace Shady but wanted to light fire under his but. Sometimes you just have to hit the hole an move the pile. Seems he has finally figured it out.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was for giving Polk a shot since Shady was spending too much time dancing. I wasn't trying to replace Shady but wanted to light fire under his but. Sometimes you just have to hit the hole an move the pile. Seems he has finally figured it out.
No disrespect to the asshole, but you and i could have run through those holes that O-line was bustin open last night. The o-line deserves a ton of credit.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in favor of benching Shady. Before last night, he had looked terrible. Much of it was on the line, which is improving a LOT, but some of it was on Shady, a lot of it.

Foles played well early but threw two very dumb INTs after the game was in hand. He needs to just take sacks if he cannot throw the ball away, but stop putting the ball out there like that when he is under pressure. Both times the pocket was collapsing and he was not set. A lot of his bad throws, it is clear, come from bad footwork. He is not a strong armed QB, or a mobile one, and gets into trouble when he doesn't have a clean pocket.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the most credit to our coaching staff. They studied the Giants game films and designed plays to
take advantage of their weakness and shut down their strengths. Brilliant game plan!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the most credit to our coaching staff. They studied the Giants game films and designed plays to
take advantage of their weakness and shut down their strengths. Brilliant game plan!

Billy Davis had some nice wrinkles up front. Good job of exposing the Giants' o-line.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billy Davis had some nice wrinkles up front. Good job of exposing the Giants' o-line.

Agreed. Plus it prevented Manning from getting any momentum. Manning was getting boxed in the entire game. The confidence level of the defense has been raised as a result of this performance!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That poor Giants OT Pugh, a Bucks County native, got totally exposed last night by Barwin. Barwin did him like Osi Umenyiora did Winston Justice back in the day.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody could even challenge Peters. He is a beast. Johnson had a great game too. The Oline completely owned the outer edges.

This defense confuses me. They were dominant last night but they have no dominant individual players.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game plan right there on D is what we need to see more often. Our CBs have to press. They just are not athletic enough to give 5-10 yards of cushion. In press mode, they are actually pretty decent. The Rams game through 3 Qtrs. was basically the same but they let off in the 4th. This week...it was full throttle. Got to stick with it until someone can beat it.

That team we saw last night can beat anyone in the NFL. How often will we see it? Thats the question left undetermined. But as of right now..I love where this D is heading.

Honestly my biggest concern with the whole team is Foles. He just cant be turning it over like this. He leads the NFL in turnovers. If he was just middle of the pack...we are 6-0 and looking like a SB favorite. As it is, no one knows what to make of this team and a big reason is no one knows how good Foles is yet.

The better Defenses will be hard to score against unless Foles gets his act together.

Last edited by a moderator:

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to the asshole, but you and i could have run through those holes that O-line was bustin open last night. The o-line deserves a ton of credit.

I am not saying the O-line shouldn't get a ton of credit. Shady finally looked like a Running Back again. I know the line has issues but both are to blame. Shady wasn't hitting the gap pushing the pile. To me, +1 yard is better than -2.

I am just glad he looks to be himself again. :D

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks could be losing their pro bowl LT Okung for possibly the rest of the year with a torn labrum. Would be a HUGE blow.

The NFC could be there for the taking.:suds:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks could be losing their pro bowl LT Okung for possibly the rest of the year with a torn labrum. Would be a HUGE blow.

The NFC could be there for the taking.:suds:

Just a thought here but are we witnessing a shift of power in the NFC? Myself and many others on here all thought the NFCW was and still is the best division, however, the NFCE that most of us thought was weak may be much better than expected. The Cowboys beat the champs on the road, the Skins played them very tough. I think we can knock them off. I like our chances in AZ as well coming off a bye. The Cards are w/o Palmer and Pederson.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing about McCoy's game last night is that it did wonders for his confidence. I think he was down a bit as he hasn't been productive while Sproles has been taking a bit of his thunder. Overall though, McCoy has to find a way to get yards when the holes aren't as big as they were last night. If he reverts back to the dancing and trying to take everything outside against better D's ... this love fest won't last.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our bye week couldn't have landed at a better time. Get healthy and plan for the Cards.