• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My last stand on the Steelers

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people will bitch about games taking too long, but I really think they need to add any penalty 15 yards or more to the automatic review list. The fact that penalties aren't reviewable is horse shit anyway, and any kind of personal foul or long pass interference has too big of a chance to completely change a game. They always defend the refs by saying everything is moving too fast, so let them take a second look with everything slowed down.
If it works in the CFL, it can work in the NFL. Period.

I think any hit like that should be reviewable, and I think they need to amend the rule so that if the defender would have hit the WR/player in a legal area, but say the WR ducks his head, it's not a foul. It's bullshit that you can do everything 100% right as a defender, but still get penalized and fined because the WR ducks his head and you end up making contact.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean Blandino now says after reviewing the amazing Martavis Bryant catch for the TD, that he believes it was not a catch at all. Wasn't enough to over turn the play on the field, but if he was looking at the play without the call on the field, he would rule it a non-catch because the ball was moving against Bryant's leg as he leaped and did his somersault, meaning he didn't have control with both feet in bounds before leaping.

bphillips4gg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather a game take 10 more minutes and know that the calls were right than been on the short end of another one of these fuckups by the refs. If nothing else, they need to be able to review roughing the kicker, roughing the passer and the defenseless receiver and unnecessary roughness penalties. Pass interference is always going to be an issue because it's so subjective. I just wish that these penalties that are usually close were fixed. That Williams penalty was totally bogus, and you're just saying if you try to argue otherwise. There's not even a debate to be had that if the receiver hadn't lowered his head the contest would've been legal. The NCAA, for ask their shortcomings, got it absolutely right with their targeting rule. The only problem they have now is that they need to get their refs to call it correctly because they still butchered a ton of calls this year.

I hate the NFL.
it