• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My last Paul Goerge post and trade idea

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No it's not. Are we back in grade school where we need to be able to distinguish "facts" and "opinions"??? :scratch:

Sure as hell feels like it.

Apparently, it has to be explained to you.

The Rockets made the playoffs the season before Dwight joined them and would have had the same playoff quality roster if he didn't join them.

Not only did the Hawks make the playoffs the year before Dwight joined them. They actually finished with a better record, a higher seed and made it farther in the playoffs than they did with him.

Last time I'm telling you...shut the fuck up, stop embarrassing yourself, learn about basketball and stop dragging up months old posts in a desperate attempt to win the internet. Especially when you are wrong when you do it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DH's career went down the shitter AFTER he left the Magic......until this season when he was reunited with Steve Clifford (an assistant when DH was in Orlando)......anybody that knows basketball knows this.

LOL at him being a huge reason the Rockets or Hawks made the postseason.

FIFY

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dwight is a HOF player?!?

I'll take Ben Wallace over him any day and he hasn't made it.

I do think Dwight makes it to the HOF and he was MUCH better than Ben Wallace.

Emphasis is on the was. Dwight was hands down the best big man in the game with Orlando. He had similar defensive impact to what Wallace had with a far greater contribution offensively.

Problem is, sometime between his last year with the Magic and his first with the Lakers, he started having back issues. Since he never spent enough time working on his skills and his game was built around athletic dominance, his career was never the same once some of the freak athleticism was taken away.

There are 2 Dwight Howards. The one we see today (since LA) can still post numbers on average teams, but does little to help them win. Orlando Dwight dragged a roster with Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu as the 2nd and 3 best players to the Finals. Although his reign at the top was short lived, that Dwight was a legit superstar.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I appreciate a HOF player when I see one, even if he don't play for my team...

Emphasis is on the was. Dwight was hands down the best big man in the game with Orlando. He had similar defensive impact to what Wallace had with a far greater contribution offensively.

Problem is, sometime between his last year with the Magic and his first with the Lakers, he started having back issues. Since he never spent enough time working on his skills and his game was built around athletic dominance, his career was never the same once some of the freak athleticism was taken away.

There are 2 Dwight Howards. The one we see today (since LA) can still post numbers on average teams, but does little to help them win. Orlando Dwight dragged a roster with Rashard Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu as the 2nd and 3 best players to the Finals. Although his reign at the top was short lived, that Dwight was a legit superstar.

His numbers are HOF worthy.

But, he is the NBA version of Terrell Owens.

Could have been more if his shitty personality, antics didn't get in the way.

There are only 5 guys currently in the NBA that have a higher probability of getting in than Howard.

You don't have to like him and I actually don't.

But, GMAFB about Wallace being better or more deserving.

NBA & ABA Leaders and Records for Hall of Fame Probability | Basketball-Reference.com

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An hour after this post, Cane goes and makes the Indiana vs Philly playoff series thread.

How butthurt does one have to be to troll so obviously????
That's just one of the 30 that he's made lately.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, Dwight is. He has the overall numbers and his time in Orlando alone is probably enough to get him in anyway.

Ben was pretty limited. Just defense and rebounding. It was great defense and rebounding, but there was no offense.

As limited as Dwight's offensive game has been as far as moves, etc...he still put up some very good offensive numbers, especially in Orlando where they spread the floor and left the paint to Dwight.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers are HOF worthy.

But, he is the NBA version of Terrell Owens.

Could have been more if his shitty personality, antics didn't get in the way.

Yeah, it's like between his last season in Orlando and that off-season, he lost his damn mind. There was a time when he was actually very likeable. I was excited when the Lakers got him.

Dude goes to the Lakers, freaking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar gives him his phone number and says "Call me anytime, I'll come show you a few things." Dwight never calls.

Steve Nash, a career 90%+ free throw shooter and teammate offers to help him with his free throws. Dwight's response..."Nah, I'm good."

Goes to Houston where his head coach is Kevin McHale, only one of the best bigs ever to play and everyone, myself included, thought..."This may be just the thing for him." Nope. Not only does he not work with McHale, he's probably a big part of why McHale was let go.

He could have been considered one of the best, if not the best, bigs in the history of the game. Even with all of that, as you say, his numbers are still HoF worthy. Which actually makes him look worse, imo.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's like between his last season in Orlando and that off-season, he lost his damn mind. There was a time when he was actually very likeable. I was excited when the Lakers got him.

Dude goes to the Lakers, freaking Kareem Abdul-Jabbar gives him his phone number and says "Call me anytime, I'll come show you a few things." Dwight never calls.

Steve Nash, a career 90%+ free throw shooter and teammate offers to help him with his free throws. Dwight's response..."Nah, I'm good."

Goes to Houston where his head coach is Kevin McHale, only one of the best bigs ever to play and everyone, myself included, thought..."This may be just the thing for him." Nope. Not only does he not work with McHale, he's probably a big part of why McHale was let go.

He could have been considered one of the best, if not the best, bigs in the history of the game. Even with all of that, as you say, his numbers are still HoF worthy. Which actually makes him look worse, imo.
Agree 100%

His delusions of grandeur derailed his career.

....and for the record, @Shaqdaddy11 isn't wrong by saying she would rather have Wallace.

Depending on the rest of the roster, I would too if I just needed a defender.

Ben wasn't a BETTER PLAYER.

But, he seemed like a better person and teammate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%

....and for the record, @Shaqdaddy11 isn't wrong by saying she would rather have Wallace.

Agree 100%. To be fair to @Shaqdaddy11 also, with the turn Dwight's career took, it's easy to forget how good he was in Orlando. Seems like such a long time ago.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really started before his last year in Orlando when people started talking about his free agency. He handled it terribly. He answered questions he shouldn't have answered, talked out of both sides of his mouth and turned himself into a huge distraction for the team.

He got skewered by the media, rightly so, and was somewhat of a punchline ever since. The injuries and the deterioration of his on court play only made things worse.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%

Ben Wallace was the ultimate teammate.

But, I never got the sense Dwight was a bad teammate until the free agency drama. He was literally a mega version of Ben Wallace. Give me young Dwight all day.

The guy that played for the Lakers and Rockets? Hell no. I am taking Ben too.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. To be fair to @Shaqdaddy11 also, with the turn Dwight's career took, it's easy to forget how good he was in Orlando. Seems like such a long time ago.

Just my personal opinion but Dwight doesn't seem HOF-worthy to me.

You talk about HOF players and they were absolute game changers for the majority of their careers. While it was impressive he took Orlando to the finals, that's pretty much it.

Big Ben was a large factor when they beat the Lakers in the finals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's just my personal opinion. I think HOF player and I see MJ, Magic and Kareem.

I know i'm probably going to be very wrong but hey!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just my personal opinion. I think HOF player and I see MJ, Magic and Kareem.

Oh certainly was no all time great.

But when you look at some of the guys going in this year, I think he is very comparable Grant Hill in terms of his NBA resume, maybe even a bit better.

He made all NBA first team 5 times with 3 DPOY awards and led the league in rebounding 5 times. That is a serious list of accolades. I know his prime was short lived, but it was damn good.

The Lakers weren't wrong to trade for him, nor were they wrong to let him walk. He was a superstar when they acquired him and a shell of that 1 year later. They got pretty unlucky there.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, you are...lol

His resume at the beginning of his career is pretty good.

Alex Kennedy, Writer at Hoops Hype (@AlexKennedyNBA)

Howard is a three-time Defensive Player of the Year, eight-time All-Star, eight-time All-NBA selection (including five First Team nods) and five-time All-Defensive Team selection. He led the NBA in rebounding on five occasions and led the league in blocks twice. He has an Olympic gold medal. Over the course of his 13-year career, Howard has totaled 16,652 points, 12,089 rebounds, and 1,916 blocks. It’s easy to forget just how dominant Howard was during his prime. Whether you love him or hate him, you should probably get used to reading and hearing “Hall of Fame center Dwight Howard.”