• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My last Paul Goerge post and trade idea

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTE: I want to make a promise that this will be the last thread of mine where I bring up George's name outside of my annual top 50 players list.

But, I have come up with a trade idea with a friend of mine at work that would keep Paul George in the midwest. He's a Bulls fan (we live near Chicago) and he absolutely detests his team's bench depth. I had previously mentioned this friend of mine is this thread: Popcorn Greatness
On with the idea...

Pacers get:
  • Denzel Valentine
  • Bobby Portis
  • Cameron Payne
  • Paul Zipser
  • #16 pick
Bulls get:
  • Paul George
  • Georges Niang
  • Joeseph Young
It may not seem like much for the Pacers on paper, but at least we wouldn't be taking on any garbage contracts back for George. And it isn't like malcontent George gives us great deal of value for the 2017-18 season in the first place.

And who knows? Maybe in a new environment some of these guys will show some promise outside the shadows of ball-dominant players Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade. If such a deal were to go down, the Bulls would still have cap space to build a team around him.

Any Bulls fans here want to chime in on this? @purguy12 @Beengay fudgepackers @SJ76

I've said the last few days that if George is still on our roster on August 1st, I say just buy him out. The list of professional athletes to have significant success upon being bought out is quite low. I still fondly remember Terrell Owens begging the Philadelphia Eagles for mercy after they flat-out cut him for conduct detrimental to the team.:clap:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOTE: I want to make a promise that this will be the last thread of mine where I bring up George's name outside of my annual top 50 players list.

But, I have come up with a trade idea with a friend of mine at work that would keep Paul George in the midwest. He's a Bulls fan (we live near Chicago) and he absolutely detests his team's bench depth. I had previously mentioned this friend of mine is this thread: Popcorn Greatness
On with the idea...

Pacers get:
  • Denzel Valentine
  • Bobby Portis
  • Cameron Payne
  • Paul Zipser
  • #16 pick
Bulls get:
  • Paul George
  • Georges Niang
  • Joeseph Young
It may not seem like much for the Pacers on paper, but at least we wouldn't be taking on any garbage contracts back for George. And it isn't like malcontent George gives us great deal of value for the 2017-18 season in the first place.

And who knows? Maybe in a new environment some of these guys will show some promise outside the shadows of ball-dominant players Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade. If such a deal were to go down, the Bulls would still have cap space to build a team around him.

Any Bulls fans here want to chime in on this? @purguy12 @Beengay fudgepackers @SJ76

I've said the last few days that if George is still on our roster on August 1st, I say just buy him out. The list of professional athletes to have significant success upon being bought out is quite low. I still fondly remember Terrell Owens begging the Philadelphia Eagles for mercy after they flat-out cut him for conduct detrimental to the team.:clap:

If I am the Pacers,

I would absolutely love the idea of trading George to the Bulls, but I would want at least 1, possibly 2 future picks. Unprotected.

I am thinking 2019 and 2021. Far enough out that the Bulls might not be too concerned, but since George and Butler are both likely to leave before then, these picks could be high lotto selections.

The batch of players listed really don't do much but add roster clutter. I would want something that could be a highly valuable asset.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the Bulls want a 1 year rental?

For that price, it would give them a legit chance to win the East next year. Especially if Cleveland implodes.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For that price, it would give them a legit chance to win the East next year. Especially if Cleveland implodes.

That's assuming Wade and Rondo can stay healthy, which doesn't seem likely. I'm not sure about the Cavs imploding either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's assuming Wade and Rondo can stay healthy, which doesn't seem likely. I'm not sure about the Cavs imploding either.

Me either, but it looks a lot more likely today than it did a week ago.

Reactions: TJL

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting idea ... the Bulls would be all in for next year ... give Wade one last shot.

But it could turn ugly if Wade is hurt and Rondo is his moody self and gets benched.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either, but it looks a lot more likely today than it did a week ago.

True. There are some pretty bad rumors. I'm not buying a lot of what's being said.

The Griffin thing is definitely not a good look, especially if it pissed off Lebron. But at the end of the day, they are still the favorites to come out of the East.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting idea ... the Bulls would be all in for next year ... give Wade one last shot.

But it could turn ugly if Wade is hurt and Rondo is his moody self and gets benched.

Yeah, that's the issue though, Wades health. Although, if they did do it on a 1 year rental, based on OP's trade, they wouldn't be giving up any of what makes them a possible contender. Probably their only option if they want to try to get by the Cavs for at least 1 season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's the issue though, Wades health. Although, if they did do it on a 1 year rental, based on OP's trade, they wouldn't be giving up any of what makes them a possible contender. Probably their only option if they want to try to get by the Cavs for at least 1 season.

It is interesting. I don't think it happens, but George to the Bulls would create serious matchup problems for Cleveland. Would be a very interesting series if they met.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what, I really want PG to join the Lakers, but at this stage i'm just happy to wait till 2018 and get him for free.

Any team thinking and hoping to convince him to stay after a year is delusional. George wanted to come to LA before they freed cap space - now he can get a max contract too.

The Pacers are getting far too cocky at this point. If they think they can get much more than the Lakers have already offered, they're more moronic than wiggys posts.

So fuck Indiana - here's to them getting fuck all back in return.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is interesting. I don't think it happens, but George to the Bulls would create serious matchup problems for Cleveland. Would be a very interesting series if they met.

I agree. At first look I was thinking wtf, but the more I think about it...if Wade can stay healthy and Rondo doesn't go full retard (both are big asks lol), it could be very interesting.

The combo of PG-13 and Butler would be tough to deal with on both ends of the floor.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the problem with most or all of the trades really. That being said, some of latest claims that there are some teams wanting a one year rental. In short, they might trade a good player they already will lose knowing full well that player is going to lose next year any way - then before Feb, they used Paul George as an expiring contract for something better. I would give that about a perhaps a 40% to 50% chance of happening. You never know but even the Lakers aren't willing to give up a lot for a player they know is going to be coming to them next year with one exception

Brooke Lopez is a big man and a quality player that can do things and he can shoot 20 ppg and 10 rpg just about every night and pretty consistent if the reports I have heard are correct. Now package that with Paul George, Lonzo Ball and Julius Randle & Ingram and the Lakers could be pretty good by the time next June comes. We already know that the Lakers are not going to beat anyone if they make the playoffs, but if Lebron James were to come then....I am not saying that the Lakers should give up much to get PG though. POI - the most I would give up is the 27 and 28th draft picks.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're happy to wait for the Lakers to get him last year? :dhd:

:bolt:
I know it makes more sense to wait from a logical point of view, but I am not logical. I had a 18.2 Cannon Megapixel camera and went out and bought me a new 24.2 megapixel camera and a nice 16 to 300 zoom because I didn't want to wait, just like I don't want to wait for Paul George. I want to see what he can do with Lopez since we got a one year rental on him. You just never know

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, but it kind of looked ugly for Chicago already this last season

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I am the Pacers,

I would absolutely love the idea of trading George to the Bulls, but I would want at least 1, possibly 2 future picks. Unprotected.

I am thinking 2019 and 2021. Far enough out that the Bulls might not be too concerned, but since George and Butler are both likely to leave before then, these picks could be high lotto selections.

The batch of players listed really don't do much but add roster clutter. I would want something that could be a highly valuable asset.
If you are any team except the Lakers or Indiana, you aren't going to give up a first round draft pick that could give you many years as a quality player for a player you know for a fact will leave next June

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that had been Larry Bird and he was still there, perhaps this for Paul George:25.jpg