• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my issues with the Lions moves.................

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted, I have exactly zero faith they do anything to turn the team around, other than possibly the offensive line play.

Say they have a turn around and win 5 or 6 games on the year (I couldn't even keep a straight face typing that) All it is going to do is kill our draft position and possible save jobs of guys who should be fired.

Personally -- I am hoping for an epic fail, where they have no choice but to fire everyone but the beer vendors. I want a top 3 pick. A new head coach. A new front office. And an offensive coordinator who's biggest achievement to date isn't getting a job in the NFL after climbing in a woman's window without clothes on.

We should have a lot of dead money coming off the books next year -- let someone take over the front office with a clean slate and bring in someone with a pulse to coach the team.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade Calvin Johnson please.

Between Tannehill's and Suh's contracts. Bring CJ to south beach and suddenly the Phins are in the same trap the Lions were, could not afford Suh. Then guys that make the team click can't stay when it's time to pay them.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Tannehill's and Suh's contracts. Bring CJ to south beach and suddenly the Phins are in the same trap the Lions were, could not afford Suh. Then guys that make the team click can't stay when it's time to pay them.

Tannehill's contract isn't horrible. Suh's is the one that really straps us. QB contracts are going to be right around 20 million a year in the future. Nothing wrong with it. And I'm perfectly fine with it. If Suh would restructure, I'd gladly take Calvin. Around 20 million for the best WR talent in the league is okay with me. That would give us Calvin, Landry, Parker, Matthews, AND Greg Jennings? Nobody wants to play against that.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tannehill's contract isn't horrible. Suh's is the one that really straps us. QB contracts are going to be right around 20 million a year in the future. Nothing wrong with it. And I'm perfectly fine with it. If Suh would restructure, I'd gladly take Calvin. Around 20 million for the best WR talent in the league is okay with me. That would give us Calvin, Landry, Parker, Matthews, AND Greg Jennings? Nobody wants to play against that.

If Calvin becomes available, you can bet Ross will be in the mix to try and get him.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Calvin becomes available, you can bet Ross will be in the mix to try and get him.

Oh yeah for sure. And if I was the Lions, I would be trying to shop him at this point. You can see that this team isn't going anywhere, so might as well blow it up.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah for sure. And if I was the Lions, I would be trying to shop him at this point. You can see that this team isn't going anywhere, so might as well blow it up.

Calvin is all class, but the year before he signed his last contract, he said he wants to play for a winner. We just happened to go 10-6 that year, made the playoffs, and he re-signed. Now? Wouldn't be surprised if he quietly asks to be traded behind closed doors.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Calvin is in the same boat as Suh. Every team would love to have him, but not for what he will cost them. This is really the last "cheapish" year for Calvin. His salary goes to 16 million next and escalates up to 18.25 over the next 4 years. I'm not really sure how the cap hit works in a trade situation, but with his contract -- his cap hit is 24 million next year and the lowest it is the next four years is 17 million.

I think they'd be able to pull off a deal for this year, but they couldn't afford to have him after that.

This week coming up, I think will tell if the changes made in Miami, really turned the team around. They beat up two bad teams, but they have to face Brady and the Pats now. If they play them tough -- They could make me a believer.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said -- as much as I hate to admit it. I'd be on board with trading Calvin Johnson if they were able to. He is a class act and he deserves to play for a winning franchise.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a sweet WR group. To mix with Miller becoming a solid run game. Start going down that restructure road and it starts snowballing later. The cap is rising quickly these days, which also means all salaries will.

Just my opinion... Kicking the can is when you're one of two pieces away from winning it all. Not just to get a playoff appearance. Pat's not being crippled by the Reevis contract after winning it all and still playing great. Lions curb stomped the fuck out that can with several contracts to get two one and done appearances.

For the Phins it's either stop Brady or out score them. To me it's just a bad practice for the cap. You feel CJ puts them over the top? Go for it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said -- as much as I hate to admit it. I'd be on board with trading Calvin Johnson if they were able to. He is a class act and he deserves to play for a winning franchise.

I'd love to see one of the greats get a ring. I feel it gets blown up this year, so get as many picks for the new guy to build with. See quick turnarounds lately in the NFL. Don't see CJ getting that opportunity in Detroit any time soon.

So screwed up knowing any other franchise it would be a clean sweep of the front office. With the Lions you have no clue what will happen?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

80 million in cap space with no one willing to come here besides washed up has beens and Mayhew has been so bad at drafting we really don't have anyone worth extending. Look at the Raiders this offseason tons of money and a great climate, but no one is willing to sign with them. I'm sure the 3-13 Lions will be much more appealing. Just pay Calvin

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade you Calvin for Suh.

Straight up, no take backs.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade you Calvin for Suh.

Straight up, no take backs.

Nah. Gotta keep Suh and try to get him to restructure that contract to fit the needs of the team better so we can build more around him. Brandon Marshall was 29 when the Dolphins traded two 2nd round picks for him. I'd say Calvin is a better player than he was, so maybe a 1st and a 2nd. It's tough though because I don't want to give up a 1st, but it would be worth it. Any other ideas anyone? Could get other teams involved too. The Browns could be a player. Ravens, Patriots, Chiefs. Plenty of teams would probably love to hear offers.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Gotta keep Suh and try to get him to restructure that contract to fit the needs of the team better so we can build more around him. Brandon Marshall was 29 when the Dolphins traded two 2nd round picks for him. I'd say Calvin is a better player than he was, so maybe a 1st and a 2nd. It's tough though because I don't want to give up a 1st, but it would be worth it. Any other ideas anyone? Could get other teams involved too. The Browns could be a player. Ravens, Patriots, Chiefs. Plenty of teams would probably love to hear offers.
No other ideas.

Now give me Suh back so we can win some damn games again. Right Meow!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Restructuring is not something that I would pursue.

We don't have Suh because he restructured. And our GM has shit fer brains.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not gonna happen. Suh is about Suh and the money. You got 3 years of 20 mil and then he might ask for even more after that if a new contract is brought up.