• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My first visit to the clink

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off WOW! I got there two hours before kickoff and Seahawks fans were every where. Parked went walking to the Pryamid to meet HawkSquash, all along the way folks not going to the game were saying GoHawks, yelling out of their cars as they passing or even walking by. That felt good.
Finally got to the Pyramid and holy cow it was packed, went to the beer garden in the lot and thought how do I find HawkSquash? He was running behind so I got us some beers, which took a while, by then HawkSquash was there, luckily he's a very tall dude and by waving his arms and telling me he's by the outpost I found him.
Shortly after finishing a couple brews we went to the Clink and got in line. One thing I noticed is.....Chicks dig QBs, 9 out 10 were wearing Wilson jerseys, unless they were Bronco fans and wear Manning jerseys.
Game time, the offense was clicking and went down the field to score, loved seeing Kearse make that catch for a TD! Not going to run thru the whole game because it went by so fast that without taking notes, I just could not do it. However just a summary of what I saw: the defense gave up a lot of yards to Peyton and the Bronco's, but keep coming up with big plays. Wagner picking up that fumble and returning it for a TD happened right in front of me and it was a awesome play. Special teams were special, Kearse again on that return for a TD and Tate looked great also. Also the Wilson to Tate looks like it's still going strong. TJak made some great passes, he looked very good.
It was a great game and double high fives were going around to any one within reach all game long. It felt so good being part of the 12th man and for those who have never gone....YOU HAVE GOT TO GO. It's is something I will always remember and looking forward to seeing the next game live.

GO HAWKS!

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A buddy of mine (a fellow Redskins fan) went to the playoff game between the Skins and the Seahawks in Seattle back in 2007. He said it was a great time. Some normal trash-talking from the home fans, but all-in-all a pretty friendly crowd and a great atmosphere.

I love going to games. I've had Skins season tickets for 5 years now and enjoy it immensely. A lot of people dog going to games because you can catch so much more on TV. While that is true, nothing beats being at the stadium on game day to soak in the atmosphere and scream and yell to your heart's content, imho.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off WOW! I got there two hours before kickoff and Seahawks fans were every where. Parked went walking to the Pryamid to meet HawkSquash, all along the way folks not going to the game were saying GoHawks, yelling out of their cars as they passing or even walking by. That felt good.
Finally got to the Pyramid and holy cow it was packed, went to the beer garden in the lot and thought how do I find HawkSquash? He was running behind so I got us some beers, which took a while, by then HawkSquash was there, luckily he's a very tall dude and by waving his arms and telling me he's by the outpost I found him.
Shortly after finishing a couple brews we went to the Clink and got in line. One thing I noticed is.....Chicks dig QBs, 9 out 10 were wearing Wilson jerseys, unless they were Bronco fans and wear Manning jerseys.
Game time, the offense was clicking and went down the field to score, loved seeing Kearse make that catch for a TD! Not going to run thru the whole game because it went by so fast that without taking notes, I just could not do it. However just a summary of what I saw: the defense gave up a lot of yards to Peyton and the Bronco's, but keep coming up with big plays. Wagner picking up that fumble and returning it for a TD happened right in front of me and it was a awesome play. Special teams were special, Kearse again on that return for a TD and Tate looked great also. Also the Wilson to Tate looks like it's still going strong. TJak made some great passes, he looked very good.
It was a great game and double high fives were going around to any one within reach all game long. It felt so good being part of the 12th man and for those who have never gone....YOU HAVE GOT TO GO. It's is something I will always remember and looking forward to seeing the next game live.

GO HAWKS!

Love hearing that Harold. I have been to one Hawks game, but it was in AZ. I have a friend who has season tickets and she offered a game after last season was over, so I may just have to ask her about that again. I live in Los Angeles, so I would have to get up there, but I think it would be worth it. It sounds like an amazing environment to experience.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One edit, it was Browner picking up that fumble and taking it all the way for a TD.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear that you had a great time. I'm lucky that I have a friend that likes to take friends and family to games since his wife isn't a huge football fan. I get invited to one game a season and since he's never asked for a dime, I make sure that the beer is on me.
:suds:

That being said, I'm going to the Sept. 15th game against the 49'ers. I don't know if I'll have a voice come Monday morning.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear that you had a great time. I'm lucky that I have a friend that likes to take friends and family to games since his wife isn't a huge football fan. I get invited to one game a season and since he's never asked for a dime, I make sure that the beer is on me.

That being said, I'm going to the Sept. 15th game against the 49'ers. I don't know if I'll have a voice come Monday morning.

If you do, than your doing it wrong.:lol:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised this is your first visit to the Clink! But that's wsup man...one hell of a first game to experience.

I've attended every sort of game...day/night, win/loss, regular season/playoffs...every game no matter the results, no matter the team...the crowd is always raucous. The Clink atmosphere is nothing like you will ever experience anywhere else.

It's crazy because this started back when it was still Seahawks Stadium (although it was not nationally accepted until 2005)...years before our Superbowl season...and it's kept the same level of intensity even in our down years

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have been to one yet, been down here in AZ since 93. Coming up in December for the Cardinals game and cant freaking wait.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised this is your first visit to the Clink! But that's wsup man...one hell of a first game to experience.

I've attended every sort of game...day/night, win/loss, regular season/playoffs...every game no matter the results, no matter the team...the crowd is always raucous. The Clink atmosphere is nothing like you will ever experience anywhere else.

It's crazy because this started back when it was still Seahawks Stadium (although it was not nationally accepted until 2005)...years before our Superbowl season...and it's kept the same level of intensity even in our down years

Way back in the day when I was single I use to drive from Idaho to watch the Seahawks. Then I got married had to raise a large family and going to games just wasn't possible. The kids are raised now soooo it's back to watching them live. Got a season ticket this year. and that just rocks!

The crowd was rocking yesterday and that was preseason, I can only image how it will be for the 49er game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was fun Harold. Seeing two 100+ yard returns/ one game, in person, was incredible! BTW, the nickname is "Squatch" not "Squash" :laugh3:

Harold is a fun feller to hang out with. He knows his Seahawks fersure..

Hothvictim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to hear that you got to go to the game. I had season tickets from 2002-2011 but had to give them up last year since I started missing too many games due to work travel. Home games are certainly a lot of fun, especially these days. But home playoff games are the absolute best. I know that they are going for the sound record this season opener but I honestly cannot imagine a game louder than the NFC Championship game against Carolina in 05. It was so loud that it was like being at a concert with you ear against a stack of Marshalls the whole game. My ears were ringing for days.

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds as if you went to a one in a million game too, too BAD Preseason, huh?
They all should entertain like that though, for what it cost!

my father used to take me and a friend 35 yrs or so ago for under 100!

Now 100 each, if LUCKY!

I KNOW, its relative... STILL!

Hothvictim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds as if you went to a one in a million game too, too BAD Preseason, huh?
They all should entertain like that though, for what it cost!

my father used to take me and a friend 35 yrs or so ago for under 100!

Now 100 each, if LUCKY!

I KNOW, its relative... STILL!

I had great seats and they only cost $85 a game. (I know, only!) But by the time you bought 2 beers and something to eat you were over $100 easy. But the view I had was phenomenal. I was right over the tunnel, Row 2 300 level where the Seahawks entered. You could see everything but what happened at the very North end of the field like the fumbled placekick by Tony Romo in the wild card game. I sat in some 100 level seats right below mine one time and did not like the view.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had great seats and they only cost $85 a game. (I know, only!) But by the time you bought 2 beers and something to eat you were over $100 easy. But the view I had was phenomenal. I was right over the tunnel, Row 2 300 level where the Seahawks entered. You could see everything but what happened at the very North end of the field like the fumbled placekick by Tony Romo in the wild card game. I sat in some 100 level seats right below mine one time and did not like the view.

I've been to a number of 49er/Seahawk Games at QWest/Clink whatever; the sharpie game with Owens, some with Alex Smith, couldn't get to last years game. It's a great stadium, I love watching football there.

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way back in the day when I was single I use to drive from Idaho to watch the Seahawks. Then I got married had to raise a large family and going to games just wasn't possible. The kids are raised now soooo it's back to watching them live. Got a season ticket this year. and that just rocks!

The crowd was rocking yesterday and that was preseason, I can only image how it will be for the 49er game.

I've been to 8 games at the Clink so far and the Niners game last year was completely off the hook. I was also at the Packers game last year and it wasn't even close to the crowd of the niners game. Just when you think our fans can't get any better...They step it up a notch!!!!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that was fun Harold. Seeing two 100+ yard returns/ one game, in person, was incredible! BTW, the nickname is "Squatch" not "Squash" :laugh3:

Harold is a fun feller to hang out with. He knows his Seahawks fersure..

Thanks Squatch ( I've been know to misspell names from time to time, even spelt Kam as Cam and he's my favorite player)

By the way you also were fun to hang with and it was great having someone who knew his way around the Clink along. Hell of a great preseason game for sure!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man the money you could have made reselling those tickets........tickets are going for crazy prices this year.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
461ee638c387cb1b3a0f6a7067005267.jpg

Best pre season game ever ? I cant think of a better one....

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A buddy of mine (a fellow Redskins fan) went to the playoff game between the Skins and the Seahawks in Seattle back in 2007. He said it was a great time. Some normal trash-talking from the home fans, but all-in-all a pretty friendly crowd and a great atmosphere.

I love going to games. I've had Skins season tickets for 5 years now and enjoy it immensely. A lot of people dog going to games because you can catch so much more on TV. While that is true, nothing beats being at the stadium on game day to soak in the atmosphere and scream and yell to your heart's content, imho.

I hear ya....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still haven't been to a hawks game at the Clink, but I've been to that stadium many times. I went to all of the Husky games there and I've been to a few Sounders games. It really is a great place to watch football and there really aren't any terrible seats in the house. Great view from everywhere. I just haven't been up to spending the kind of cash they want for a Hawks game there. Hard to spend that when I'm already spending so much on Husky tickets. I'll be at the home opener vs Boise State in a little over a week.

Some day I'll get out to a Seahawks game. Glad you enjoyed your day out there Harold.