• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My fellow Huskies

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vigilance is lacking! There are so many threads where you failed to chime in and uphold and defend Husky honor and glory.

For example:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ngest-non-losing-season-streak-your-team.html

Where are you guys?

Never fear. I will compile the facts and you guys can transfer them over for honors sake. We need some practice anyway before the season starts and the pick'ems kick into full swing. :whistle:

UW went 27 seasons without a losing record from the 1977-2003 seasons. And then stupidity struck the athletics department...

UW also has the 2nd longest winning streak in big boy football at 39 games. The beavers played spoiler stopping us from 40.

...and we hold the record in big boy football for the longest streak without a loss;

Dobie's career comprised virtually all of Washington's NCAA all-time longest 63-game unbeaten streakhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Huskies_football#cite_note-unbeaten-6http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Huskies_football#cite_note-historylink-12 (outscoring opponents 1930 to 118) and included a 39-game winning streak, second longest in NCAA Division I-A/FBS history.

63 games. Unbeaten.
omg.gif

Put that in the suckit bucket Zeros.

Pretty sure Coach Pete is going to surpass it!
occasion14.gif

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vigilance is lacking! There are so many threads where you failed to chime in and uphold and defend Husky honor and glory.
For example:

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ngest-non-losing-season-streak-your-team.html

Where are you guys?

Never fear. I will compile the facts and you guys can transfer them over for honors sake. We need some practice anyway before the season starts and the pick'ems kick into full swing. :whistle:

UW went 27 seasons without a losing record from the 1977-2003 seasons. And then stupidity struck the athletics department...

UW also has the 2nd longest winning streak in big boy football at 39 games. The beavers played spoiler stopping us from 40.

...and we hold the record in big boy football for the longest streak without a loss;

Dobie's career comprised virtually all of Washington's NCAA all-time longest 63-game unbeaten streakhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Huskies_football#cite_note-unbeaten-6http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Huskies_football#cite_note-historylink-12 (outscoring opponents 1930 to 118) and included a 39-game winning streak, second longest in NCAA Division I-A/FBS history.

63 games. Unbeaten.
omg.gif

Put that in the suckit bucket Zeros.

Pretty sure Coach Pete is going to surpass it!
occasion14.gif

Speaking for myself here, sometimes you can of course engage with the war of words, but after a while having those battles with certain folks on here well it's kinda like talking to a wall......:gaah:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That threads not so bad. There is one guy who lacks reading comprehension making himself look silly, but pretty mild mannered overall.

The force is with you. Go out and slay naysayers.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was aware of all of those stats, but just missed that thread. Can't catch them all. Guess I've been a bit more obsessed over the Seahawks and some of the other boards lately.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There, I added your stuff to that thread. Hopefully you will be able to do so yourself at some point.

:suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was aware of all of those stats, but just missed that thread. Can't catch them all. Guess I've been a bit more obsessed over the Seahawks and some of the other boards lately.

Yeah, I was aware of it all other than Dobies unbeaten streak. Thats pretty spectacular right there, and the scoring differential... :pound:

Oh to have a dominating defense once again. I look forward to it!

Thanks Wiz. :suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I was aware of it all other than Dobies unbeaten streak. Thats pretty spectacular right there, and the scoring differential... :pound:

Oh to have a dominating defense once again. I look forward to it!

Thanks Wiz. :suds:

That 63 game streak is featured in the official UW coffee table book... And I thought you were a true power fan. :tsk:

:dhd:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... I just got out of amazon.com looking for said book.

Found one with great reviews AND a host of Alumns saying how much they didn't know until reading that book.

So thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :whistle:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one I have has lots of great pictures from back in the day. Picture of the area before they broke ground to put a stadium on it, and every phase. Loved that early games had the fans just standing around the sideline.

I love reading things about old time football even if it isn't UW, but books like that are must haves.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't post much on the CFB board. Too much stupid. Not surprisingly almost all of it comes from wonderful contingent of Oregon "fans" on here.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more of wait until the games start poster when it comes to CFB. Looking forward to the up coming season.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't post much on the CFB board. Too much stupid. Not surprisingly almost all of it comes from wonderful contingent of Oregon "fans" on here.

Thanks bud. Means a lot to us.

Proceed as usual in that case.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Jesus loves me this I know. For the bible tells me so...

lol...:whistle:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somethings telling me reading comprehension isn't big in Oklahoma.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like the NFC East thread cause your worried that the Eagles Offense is gonna go ape shit this season on every defense?:whistle:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is building some good things with their team, but this won't be their year. Should win the NFCE, but no chance they take out whoever comes from the west. Just not going to happen. We will see how Foles handles being the man from day 1. Hopefully he doesn't have the sophomore slump.

Destroyedacre, it's not hard to put people you don't like on ignore but do whatever makes you most happy. Honestly there are only 3-4 ducks that are prone to being dicks and it's perfectly acceptable to just ignore them, even if they are mods :whistle: Either way, join us for away game threads here when you can. Might not be many posting on home games as I think a few of us will be there.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is building some good things with their team, but this won't be their year. Should win the NFCE, but no chance they take out whoever comes from the west. Just not going to happen. We will see how Foles handles being the man from day 1. Hopefully he doesn't have the sophomore slump.

Destroyedacre, it's not hard to put people you don't like on ignore but do whatever makes you most happy. Honestly there are only 3-4 ducks that are prone to being dicks and it's perfectly acceptable to just ignore them, even if they are mods :whistle: Either way, join us for away game threads here when you can. Might not be many posting on home games as I think a few of us will be there.

Honestly I miss the shit out of Shaver, for a Ducks fan he was pretty damn cool and I loved talk smack with him, he never took stuff some damn serious...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I miss the shit out of Shaver, for a Ducks fan he was pretty damn cool and I loved talk smack with him, he never took stuff some damn serious...
My experience with him wasn't quite the same. Had to have him on ignore because anything I said to him set him off like crazy and I'm not known for not saying things if I see them. It was the only way to keep the peace.

There's a fine line between mutual taunting and real anger leading to flaming. Shaver isn't the only one that found issues with that line. Iron had his issues there as well and I'm sure most of us have crossed it at some point. Our two fan bases literally hates each other about as hard as any rivalry in the country. It can be a challenge at time to separate the hate for a team from the people you are taunting with. They can be both good people and worthy of your best taunting for liking the wrong team. Some people get that, and others just can't.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved your submission for the nebraska pick'em over to that thread so we will see if it is accepted since it was closed and locked, but your timestamp showed it was in on time.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My experience with him wasn't quite the same. Had to have him on ignore because anything I said to him set him off like crazy and I'm not known for not saying things if I see them. It was the only way to keep the peace.
There's a fine line between mutual taunting and real anger leading to flaming. Shaver isn't the only one that found issues with that line. Iron had his issues there as well and I'm sure most of us have crossed it at some point. Our two fan bases literally hates each other about as hard as any rivalry in the country. It can be a challenge at time to separate the hate for a team from the people you are taunting with. They can be both good people and worthy of your best taunting for liking the wrong team. Some people get that, and others just can't.

Well sometimes that is the reaction we can get on a certain topic or just the balls of a certain member, granted everyone has certain feelings and of course there is never gonna be an even eye to each topic....

Bottomline for me, I hate the frickn Ducks, but there arse clown fans can be fun to chat with, (even when they gloat about a decade of winning)