• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My fellow Huskies

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a few friends that are ducks. I can normally separate the hate for the team from an individual who supports it. Mamba isn't the only duck I've been cool with. Those of you from CBS probably remember orygonquacks and might even remember the epic fights we had on the boards. We appeared to hate each other, but were always talking in PM while fighting on the boards. We both loved the back and forth, but also respected/liked each other.

It is still a very fine line. Not everyone can toe that line. And I'd say most of us cross it at some point and time. God knows I have and I'm damned sure I will again.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved your submission for the nebraska pick'em over to that thread so we will see if it is accepted since it was closed and locked, but your timestamp showed it was in on time.

ahhh cool. ty wiz. I thought someone deleted it for shits and giggles. Or some rule violation for trying to circumvent my ban.

Ducks are ducks. They are good for shooting and cooking but not much else.

quacks from cbs was a nutjob. He even trolled the Seattle newspapers forums. He had an infatuation with all things Husky. Towards the end though him and I got along a little better, but he's still whacked in the head.

Here I have them ALL on ignore at one pt or another save Oly. Mamba's cool and makes me laugh a lot, but when things start to get heated I have to turn off the BS for awhile (no offense mamba lol). The rest are perma-iggied.

I couldnt even compliment the ducks here without 2 of them going off on me. They are passive-aggressive troll-fu masters. I have no time for that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba's normally fine unless he's drunk which I guess is often enough? :noidea: Yeah, kind of hard to hate up on Oly unless you just hate people who don't seem to ever laugh. But ignoring the ones you don't think you can be civil to is probably the best option.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of mamba and Oly they don't contribute to any kind of a reasonable conversation. It's all

'LOOK AT US! QUACK, QUACK QUACK!!!

ps. Washington sucks.'
That's it in a nutshell man lol...

I like a reasoned debate/conversation with anyone and any team but when for example Im discussing what I think are a teams flaw and some duck comes in telling me to stfu and washington sucks. Theres nothing civil to build upon. :P

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Duck fanbase has been drunk on Uncle Phil's wallet for sometime now. Pretty ironic that they're always claiming they can't stand the Huskies because our fans are soo "arrogant", when the Ducks walk around acting like they are college football royalty and gasp in horror when anyone calls them out on the attitude they throw around. They're a textbook example of being able to dish it out, but can't take it.

Whatever...

The coach we now have is an expert in Duck beat downs. If anyone can get it done against Uncle Phil's wallet, it's CP in the long term.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coach we now have is an expert in Duck beat downs. If anyone can get it done against Uncle Phil's wallet, it's CP in the long term.

Next year the streak ends. Would love to say this year but I'm not as crazy as you guys might think...:yahoo:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our D is looking like it could at least be one of the PAC teams that could put up a test for the Ducks O. It's at Autzen, but whatever happens, CP will implement the best game plan possible to deal with them.

Landing CP is the type of slam dunk hire as PC was for the Seahawks.

Both teams are going to do some amazing things for years to come.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game is a long ways from now. Should UW beat Oregon? Probably not, but who knows what injuries might happen. Mariota has already been injured before and we remember how it works having an injury prone QB don't we? Maybe the NCAA will finally discover most of the team exchanged sexual favors to gay frat boys for cheating on their grades to remain academically qualified :whistle: I mean they are bound to be doing something better than ND right? :lol:

Seriously, UW plays 13 games this season and while we would all love to shove our shit down the throats of every arrogant bastard duck fan, it's just not the whole goal of the season. Leave the obsession about the rivalry stuff for them. My only thoughts right now are about Stanford. That's the first big test of the Petersen era and the game that might help define the season. UW has played well against Stanford in recent years and it's at home. Their defense will have a chance to prove it can stand tall against a power running team that day and we will see how Miles can perform on that stage. Stanford doesn't look to be quite as strong as last year, but they do still have a quality QB.

Start with beating Stanford and holding serve on the other 5 games they should win before you even decide what the Oregon game might bring. I mean if you can't beat Stanford at home and say Oregon curb stomps UCLA on their own turf are you really going to be thinking an upset is in the works?

Beating Stanford is a far more important step for this program. It's at home, early in the season, and a team you have played well against that doesn't use any of that up tempo bullshit. You won't reach 9 wins (at least likely) without beating them. Take them out and likely roll into Autism 6-0.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, tis true!

We've got 3 patsies to take care of first and then I think 1 legit threat in EWU. They didnt show me much on defense but that offense looks explosive, and this was their first game.

Lets get past these without an embarrassing loss.

THEN we'll crush Stanfurd and the Zeros. :yahoo:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are always good for the optimism. No doubt about that. I've actually predicted the season outcome the last two years running and this year I see them 9-4 still losing to Oregon, but if I'm going to be way off base let it be your direction and not downward.

:suds:

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not, right?

I actually got us going 11-2 this year. All of a sudden BOOM!

Losses to Oregone and Arizona.

Don't forget I was the pessimist most of seven win Sarks reign. I bought in last year thanks to your prodding! :whistle:

I was NEVER a fan of his hire and just couldn't dig his ways. I'm all in with coach Pete and it feels good to be.

GO DAWGS!

:suds:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that's true. You were often on the lower side of predictions, but still always come game day you had thoughts up upsets often.

I'm not sure what my thoughts on this season would be if Sark was still here. Maybe 10 wins would have been possible. I just don't see it with the young secondary against veteran pac QB's and the questions at both QB and RB, not to mention a huge question on if KW can finally be who he was in his first season or is he going to be a bust. Still, having been in that system they likely would be a game or two more favored to me with Sark than Pete for this season. However the future under Pete to me looks far more promising once he has his kids in and a few winning seasons.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that's true. You were often on the lower side of predictions, but still always come game day you had thoughts up upsets often.

I'm not sure what my thoughts on this season would be if Sark was still here. Maybe 10 wins would have been possible. I just don't see it with the young secondary against veteran pac QB's and the questions at both QB and RB, not to mention a huge question on if KW can finally be who he was in his first season or is he going to be a bust. Still, having been in that system they likely would be a game or two more favored to me with Sark than Pete for this season. However the future under Pete to me looks far more promising once he has his kids in and a few winning seasons.

Last year I didnt do well in the pac vs the spread, usually I do. Calling games outright though I tied for 4th in hooplas pick'em over 96%! I would have taken first but I made some bad picks...:pound:

Sark is an offensive coordinator and nothing more. Sorry USC I respect and actually like your program, but you are going to find this out...

If he were still here Id call for another 7 wins, undisciplined football with sloppy tackling and blown coverages for big plays EVERY game.

Facing the pacs stable of elite QBs is going to be a challenge, no doubt about that. But we have the D to step up and get it done. With better coaching that side of the ball IS going to show marked improvement, and it will be the coaching. Not going to attribute it to the kids being a year older. They are stepping into a new game, and a whole new level of coaching that far surpasses anything Sark ever dreamed of.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking 9 or 10 wins this season, Petersen's first year and all.
Wiz mentioned the young secondary, but I think they come in and play very well

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking 9 or 10 wins this season, Petersen's first year and all.
Wiz mentioned the young secondary, but I think they come in and play very well

Well we do have a lot of questions. New QB, RB, coaches etc. I also really hated to lose Stringfellow, I thought he was going to be great this year. Oh well. Cant fix stupid.

Like I said earlier though, I think all of these questions are easy to answer and it's going to prove to be a smooth transition. Honestly with this schedule and an improved D anything less than 10 wins will be disappointing to me.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we do have a lot of questions. New QB, RB, coaches etc. I also really hated to lose Stringfellow, I thought he was going to be great this year. Oh well. Cant fix stupid.

Like I said earlier though, I think all of these questions are easy to answer and it's going to prove to be a smooth transition. Honestly with this schedule and an improved D anything less than 10 wins will be disappointing to me.

I'm not worried about Myles, I honestly believe he will be better then Price..
Washington should end up at the RB position and will be very fine behind this veteran OL...

WR does hurt with Stringfellow getting tossed, they need to look hard at the TE position during the passing game, speed on the outside helps that TE fine a nice middle seam...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about Myles, I honestly believe he will be better then Price..
Washington should end up at the RB position and will be very fine behind this veteran OL...

WR does hurt with Stringfellow getting tossed, they need to look hard at the TE position during the passing game, speed on the outside helps that TE fine a nice middle seam...

Nope not worried about Myles either, if indeed he is named the full time starter. I think he will be.

Considering how our pass blocking was over Prices career I certainly would have preferred Myles. But Price when given the time had a sweet touch. I think he got scared a lot from getting planted so many times. Actually I know he did. It was clear watching him play. Even still he did well for us, with better pass blocking who knows.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WhiteMamba;
Well, nearly time for week 1 Pickems.

I will have lines out Monday AM

:noidea:

Also heres a thing or two to contemplate on the pac this year.

UCLA is going to win the PAC this year and go to the playoff.
The pirate of the palouse is going to beat Oregone...and that won't be the only upset they get...

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC12 Week 1 pickem

Thursday:

Rutgers @ Washington State -8 1/2

Weber State @ Arizona State -37 1/2

Idaho State @ Utah -28 1/2

Friday:

Colorado vs Colorado ST +2 1/2 (in Denver)

UNLV @ Arizona -24 1/2

Saturday

UCLA @ Virginia +21 1/2

California @ Northwestern -11 1/2

South Dakota @ Oregon -52 1/2

Washington @ Hawaii +17 1/2

Portland State @ Oregon State -28 1/2

UC Davis @ Stanford - 30 1/2

Game of the Week (2 points) pick final score:

Fresno State @ Southern Cal -22 1/2

Fresno State 17
USC 38

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WhiteMamba;

:noidea:

Also heres a thing or two to contemplate on the pac this year.

UCLA is going to win the PAC this year and go to the playoff.
The pirate of the palouse is going to beat Oregone...and that won't be the only upset they get...

Leach lives for ruining other teams seasons. Odds are pretty good with that call.