• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Favorite part about yesterdays win

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of To clarify things. Murray and the Run Blocking from the OL was the best thing about yesterdays win, but my favorite thing about the win was......All the dumb penalties from Last week's loss were basicly eliminated. This team was locked in and focused if we can avoid the ridiculous penalties this team can play with anyone.:suds:

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it once, and I'll say it again, my favorite part about yesterday's win was how we ran out the clock. In years' past with any sort of comfortable lead with 6 mins or more on the clock, we would have went three and out and the defense would have given up a TD to make us bite our fingernails. But that wasn't the case yesterday. Yesterday the Titans didn't get the ball back until it was 20 seconds left. Being able to close a game like not only shows signs of superiority over another team but shows killer instinct. Killer instinct is a common trait of playoff teams. This type of killer instinct could have netted the Cowboys at least two extra wins last year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the coaching staff continues to run the ball.

I was so frustrated with the opener where we went to the redzone 4 times, and ran once in 12 plays. I was screaming at the TV "RUN THE DAMNED BALL IDIOTS!!!!!"

It's good to see them use some common sense. If the defense is suspect, you need to run ball control offense.......and Romo still does not look right, so this helps him because frankly, our pass protection is not very good right now.

All around a great win......let's keep the momentum going and keep running the ball

overtone22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the coaching staff continues to run the ball.

Yes. This is what many have been saying for years now. When you have a talent like Demarco Murray in the backfield, run the effing ball!

Especially, with our O-Line. That crew is starting to round out into something special. Garrett needs to just have confidence in them, and Romo needs to avoid checking off the run just because the defense changes a look.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it once, and I'll say it again, my favorite part about yesterday's win was how we ran out the clock. In years' past with any sort of comfortable lead with 6 mins or more on the clock, we would have went three and out and the defense would have given up a TD to make us bite our fingernails. But that wasn't the case yesterday. Yesterday the Titans didn't get the ball back until it was 20 seconds left. Being able to close a game like not only shows signs of superiority over another team but shows killer instinct. Killer instinct is a common trait of playoff teams. This type of killer instinct could have netted the Cowboys at least two extra wins last year.

This shows growth with our coaching staff and an evolution of the philosophy. I just hope the don't over expose the often injured Murray.:suds:

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldnt agree more. we have left wins on the table because we were so pass happy. Grind the ball.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shows growth with our coaching staff and an evolution of the philosophy. I just hope the don't over expose the often injured Murray.:suds:

I am not sure one game shows much of anything outside of not wanting to look stupid two weeks in a row. But I will certainly take it as progress.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse thing about week 1's loss was the best thing about week 2's win. At the 5 yard line or less you should only have two calls, run the ball or fade to Dez. As bad as we played week one, if we would have scored those two touchdowns we probably win that game, never a reason not to run or throw the fade to Dez on goal.

Mrhappi06

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worse thing about week 1's loss was the best thing about week 2's win. At the 5 yard line or less you should only have two calls, run the ball or fade to Dez. As bad as we played week one, if we would have scored those two touchdowns we probably win that game, never a reason not to run or throw the fade to Dez on goal.

I dont get into ifs, because one could easily say without that dumb offensive pass interference call against the Niners, they could have scored again.

But I agree with the premise. Heck, throwing INt's in the endzone got Bledsoe benched. Just not smart football.