• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Dynasty League team

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just drafted for my 12-team, standard scoring Dynasty league last night. We keep 10 players each year with no penalty on what round they went in. We start 1qb, 2rbs, 3wrs, 1flex, 1dst, and 1k. I had tje 6th pick and here's how it ended up:

Qb-Stafford, Pryor(for my only bye week)
RB-TRich, CJ1k, Gio Bernard, Ingram, Lamichael James, Denard
WR-DJax, Kenbrell Thompkins, Alshon Jeffery, Harvin, Justin Blackmon
TE-Gronkowski, Eifert
Dst-Cleveland(I rotate D's in based on matchups each week)
K-Dan Bailey

I went for ton of youth that could still potentially make me compete this year. My receivers are all young but that's how I wanted it. I went RB heavy early on bc they hold a ton of value. I think Ingram, at only 23, turns a huge corner this year. I only drafted Denard(very late btw) bc he may be utilized often, he may not. No real loss there.

I got huge value for Gronk in the 6th. If he misses only a month he still will potentially put up top TE numbers. And I have a young talented Eifert there until he returns.

This league has a ton of Lions fans and figured Stafford would go first round(were homers, what can we say). But he was there in the 3rd round and I took my chance. The guy immediately after me said he was all ready to take him. Best part about having him is two fold: I can enjoy having a qb on my team I love, and if I want to trade him, I could get a king's ransom for him.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your RBs is obviously your strength. The only problem with your team for this season is that you start 3 WRs and you have Djax as your one( i am high on him this season), and then a rookie, a 2nd year who was hurt most of last year, an already injured player, and a suspended player... Your WR is a huge disadvantage...

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm focused on long term also. I put my main focus on good young Rbs then went after other positions. Hopefully my young wrs produce well enough that I don't need to worry. But believe me, for this year I'm worried a wee bit. ;)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I just drafted for my 12-team, standard scoring Dynasty league last night. We keep 10 players each year with no penalty on what round they went in. We start 1qb, 2rbs, 3wrs, 1flex, 1dst, and 1k. I had tje 6th pick and here's how it ended up:

Qb-Stafford, Pryor(for my only bye week)
RB-TRich, CJ1k, Gio Bernard, Ingram, Lamichael James, Denard
WR-DJax, Kenbrell Thompkins, Alshon Jeffery, Harvin, Justin Blackmon
TE-Gronkowski, Eifert
Dst-Cleveland(I rotate D's in based on matchups each week)
K-Dan Bailey

I went for ton of youth that could still potentially make me compete this year. My receivers are all young but that's how I wanted it. I went RB heavy early on bc they hold a ton of value. I think Ingram, at only 23, turns a huge corner this year. I only drafted Denard(very late btw) bc he may be utilized often, he may not. No real loss there.

I got huge value for Gronk in the 6th. If he misses only a month he still will potentially put up top TE numbers. And I have a young talented Eifert there until he returns.

This league has a ton of Lions fans and figured Stafford would go first round(were homers, what can we say). But he was there in the 3rd round and I took my chance. The guy immediately after me said he was all ready to take him. Best part about having him is two fold: I can enjoy having a qb on my team I love, and if I want to trade him, I could get a king's ransom for him.

I"m a little confused Micro...
12 team league, 10 keepers per team..you drafted Stafford and Gronk, as well as the rookies on the team (4 by my count, plus one for Pryor, and you stream defenses, surely you didn't keep a kicker like DAn BAiley did ya? That's nine roster spots you surely drafted. And if I'm reading it right, you drafted Ingram as well. With only 17 players listed, who the heck were your 10 keepers??

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the beginning of the dynasty league. We had one on NFL.com for years but the old commish decided to disband it. So we redrafted all over again this year.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the beginning of the dynasty league. We had one on NFL.com for years but the old commish decided to disband it. So we redrafted all over again this year.

lol well that completely clears it up than! That's a rock solid foundation for a really good team years to come I think..this year will be just a tiny bit tough, but still should be really good. Well done

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol well that completely clears it up than! That's a rock solid foundation for a really good team years to come I think..this year will be just a tiny bit tough, but still should be really good. Well done

There lies the question, in dynasty/keeper leagues, on draft day, should you ever sacrifice your present for your future...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There lies the question, in dynasty/keeper leagues, on draft day, should you ever sacrifice your present for your future...

I give young guys a bump in long term leagues, I think you have to, or you soon sink to the bottom of the league. hard to climb out of the ditch when you have at least the top 100 players gone before your redraft even starts.

Especially a league where you keep over half your squad, cause next year's draft --and all the ones to follow, will be rookie free-for-alls.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give young guys a bump in long term leagues, I think you have to, or you soon sink to the bottom of the league. hard to climb out of the ditch when you have at least the top 100 players gone before your redraft even starts.

Especially a league where you keep over half your squad, cause next year's draft --and all the ones to follow, will be rookie free-for-alls.

Of course youth gets a bump, but how much of a bump... would u take TY hilton over reggie wayne??

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course youth gets a bump, but how much of a bump... would u take TY hilton over reggie wayne??

Depending on my WR1..yeah I think I might. If Hilton isn't the #1 next year, I'd be slightly shocked. .and this year won't be anything to sneeze at either I don't think.