• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My draft logic

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will only take the 1st pick to tell which direction the team is going.

Any offensive player, A guy like Barr that will need a few years to to gain the strength to play the position and the few years it will take him to learn to do more than speed rush..... and the Jerry is saying good bye to the current coaching staff and building for the future.

Now if the coaches ..... whose jobs are on the line have input into the draft. You are goingto see defense defense and more defense at some point a guard because we have zero depth currently on the roster at that position, but you dont draft in the 1st for depth nor the 2nd

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I hope it is defense, defense. That would be the smart thing to do. I am getting more and more nervous as we get closer to the draft LOL

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will only take the 1st pick to tell which direction the team is going.

Any offensive player, A guy like Barr that will need a few years to to gain the strength to play the position and the few years it will take him to learn to do more than speed rush..... and the Jerry is saying good bye to the current coaching staff and building for the future.

Now if the coaches ..... whose jobs are on the line have input into the draft. You are goingto see defense defense and more defense at some point a guard because we have zero depth currently on the roster at that position, but you dont draft in the 1st for depth nor the 2nd

I would think Rod would have input on picking defensive players, so picking Barr doesnt necessary mean planning for the future....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd me more than happy if we got Lewan or Martin at 16. There should be a plenty of talented DL, S and LB available for the pickings rounds 2 - 4.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd me more than happy if we got Lewan or Martin at 16. There should be a plenty of talented DL, S and LB available for the pickings rounds 2 - 4.

As bad as our defense was last year ........ better hope like hell we look at defense a bit more then rounds 2-4

and our offensive line was fine last year. In fact referred to as a strength. So plugging in an offensive lineman means we are building for the future and not for day 1 this season.

Which is why I said then he is saying good bye to the current coaching staff.

Barr at best is a situation pass rusher right now. in 1 year he wont gain the strength nor learn the moves to be an every down player in a 4-3 DE position..... Once again why I said building for the future

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as our defense was last year ........ better hope like hell we look at defense a bit more then rounds 2-4

and our offensive line was fine last year. In fact referred to as a strength. So plugging in an offensive lineman means we are building for the future and not for day 1 this season.

Which is why I said then he is saying good bye to the current coaching staff.

Barr at best is a situation pass rusher right now. in 1 year he wont gain the strength nor learn the moves to be an every down player in a 4-3 DE position..... Once again why I said building for the future

Sometime we take things too literally. I never said stop looking at defense after the fourth, just saying we should have our pick of very good DLmen, S's, and LB's.

When I say "WE" I'm including myself.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of seems to me that Jerrah is going to keep Garret around for another contract. Changing defenses was a major move and in most cases is not always succesful for 2 or 3 seasons. This change did not put garret in the best position to succeed. It also seems like Jerrah is married to Romo and Garret. Jerrah seems very content with his current puppet

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this recent talk/reports of Dallas looking to possibly draft a WR in the first is very concerning to me. I hope it is misinformation. But there is a lot of chirping going on about Odell Beckham and Eric Ebron of late.

I would shit a brick if either of these players are selected in the first round. The only Offensive position I would be okay with drafting would be OT. And even then it would have to be Lewan or Martin. Outside of that, I don't see how offense can possibly be justified in the first round.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me. I want defense in the first round only.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense has more holes than Cheese at a rat convention but with that being said I dont want to reach just for defense.

If who we want on defense at 16 is not there and the offensive player is graded out higher and you cant trade back then pick the player with the best grade and regroup.

Plain and simple. To me that's not throwing in the towel on the current coaching staff it is just being smart about drafting a good football player.

JMHO

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defense has more holes than Cheese at a rat convention but with that being said I dont want to reach just for defense.

If who we want on defense at 16 is not there and the offensive player is graded out higher and you cant trade back then pick the player with the best grade and regroup.

Plain and simple. To me that's not throwing in the towel on the current coaching staff it is just being smart about drafting a good football player.

JMHO

I disagree...... You can always trade back. Maybe just not for the value you want in return ( see last year with Vacaro gone)

If the defensive players we want aren't there we likely trade down

Going O-line at 16 fixes nothing this year for the current coaching staff. The O-line was a strength at the end of last year. So that would be a move for future years.

I have no problem with us taking an O-lineman there. But it's not a move that supports the coaching staffs chances of staying beyond this year.

As fans we look towards future teams but I will bet you Garrett isn't thinking about putting the Cowboys in a good situation in the future for another coach to win with

Last edited by a moderator:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL can easily be HPA that will fill a need. Can't ignore that.

I would still rather trade back for defense. I think the o-line is ok at this point. We have too many more glaring needs on d-fense. I just want a d that can stop a team on 3 and 10 or more and prevent a team from 25- to 40 first downs a game. Is that too much to ask LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still rather trade back for defense. I think the o-line is ok at this point. We have too many more glaring needs on d-fense. I just want a d that can stop a team on 3 and 10 or more and prevent a team from 25- to 40 first downs a game. Is that too much to ask LOL

Trading back will also be fine. Said it before Jerry will really have to try to screw up this draft.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading back will also be fine. Said it before Jerry will really have to try to screw up this draft.

Boy I hope your right. If Jerry screws this up......

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading back appears to be the best option @ 16. Just as long as Jerry don't get short changed like last year. Luckily everything worked out in the end.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy I hope your right. If Jerry screws this up......

Ways Jerry can screw up this draft.
1. Take a QB before the 4th.
2. Take a RB before the 4th.
3. Take a TE period.
4. Trade Up from 16.

There may be a few other ways but the way I see it this draft is almost Jerry proof.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind a trade up to 13 if Donald is still on the board, but I have read that the Vikings may take him @ 8.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3