• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My draft logic

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree...... You can always trade back. Maybe just not for the value you want in return ( see last year with Vacaro gone)

If the defensive players we want aren't there we likely trade down

Going O-line at 16 fixes nothing this year for the current coaching staff. The O-line was a strength at the end of last year. So that would be a move for future years.

I have no problem with us taking an O-lineman there. But it's not a move that supports the coaching staffs chances of staying beyond this year.

As fans we look towards future teams but I will bet you Garrett isn't thinking about putting the Cowboys in a good situation in the future for another coach to win with

I understand your points and agree trading back would give us more picks in a very deep draft I just shudder every time Jerry does that because of the 09 draft that gave us nothing. Last year we did fine but when it happened everybody thought we got hosed but it all worked out.

My point is simply stick to your board and take the best player you had your staff grading out for the last year.

We can debate this all day and both sides have tons of merits.

Its like having a choice between a Corvette or a Camaro and a Ford F150 all good choices and will get the job done. It just depends on the Job . I would be happy either way I just don't want Jerry to make me shoot my TV. :rollseyes:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is simply stick to your board and take the best player you had your staff grading out for the last year.

Totally agree with this. Put 16 names on a piece of paper and take the best one left unless someone bowls us over with a huge offer or we love a player so much that we just do without him.