• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

my 8 team money league team

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea.. going when I face the Manning team, his long ones go to Thomas.. that'll negate that for the most part. . Screwed on Brees though. . The guy took every Saint except Robinson and Colston!.. but I'm not without my own ammunition in that battle.

Honestly the only I listed Gerhert at RB2 was his name was first on the list. .. I'm sure it'll end up being Johnson or Mathews most weeks..Johnson already in for week1

I don't know Treff. I would not start Johnson until you see how the Jets use him. He does not seem like a Rex Ryan guy at all. He could be a massive bust. Vereen, Gerhart or Mathews are all better options for week 1, IMO. Vereen looks like the guy in your format.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles was #5 at 582.. Rivers was 4 at 585, Ryan 10 at 575

Tlance..Graham #1 at 291, VD #2 with 245.. no other TE had more than 180

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Treff. I would not start Johnson until you see how the Jets use him. He does not seem like a Rex Ryan guy at all. He could be a massive bust. Vereen, Gerhart or Mathews are all better options for week 1, IMO. Vereen looks like the guy in your format.

You bring up a good point t, but the Jets notoriously run more than they pass. Even if CJ isn't a Rex Ryan guy, sharing carries with Ivory, he'd probably still get close to 250 touches on accident in that offense.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as I hate to say it, I like the Jets to put it on OAK in week 1.
Just doesn't seem right to believe that the Jets will smack another team around.
Only scenario I can see otherwise involves Carr coming in and lighting up the Jets secondary, throwing bombs to Andre Holmes.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick math - Foles would have pro-rated out to 846.

And I think I mentioned this in another thread, but Maclin's ADP was a couple of rounds higher than DJAX's last year before Maclin got hurt. And of course a couple of dumps to Sproles will probably go the distance.

In short - I know you aren't high on Foles, but if you can get him cheap he could be worth it.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Foles last year.. wasn't disappointed, but I don't seem him having another historically efficient year, and I like Ryan with julio, Roddy, and Harry much much more than he and Malin and ?? Cooper and Mathews?? Blah

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Foles last year.. wasn't disappointed, but I don't seem him having another historically efficient year, and I like Ryan with julio, Roddy, and Harry much much more than he and Malin and ?? Cooper and Mathews?? Blah

agreed. Maclin can't stay healthy, its the curse of the Mizzou WR in the NFL. Something about them knees.
Even in the fast-paced, go go go Chip Kelly offense, I only have McCoy, Foles, Maclin and Ertz on my radar for fantasy. I'll gladly let someone else take up the roster space on Sproles & Cooper. Mathews is the wild card there since he is a tall rookie with decent speed working the slot.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy, Ertz and Celek accounted for 12 of the Eagles 32 receiving TDs... Cooper 8... DJAX 9.... Adding Sproles to the mix won't hurt. I worry about Ryan without Gonzo, who has caught so many of Ryan's TD passes. Maybe in your scoring system it's a good thing to lose that strong middle threat, though....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if that's ever a "good" thing, he kept a lot of drives alive, but I don't think he's irreplaceable at that stage of his career.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything looks great except I and it may be just me but I am not loving the QB situation all though no one could argue that Ryan wont be good. I don't know if you would agree but I would love to see Carr in this line up and then like a perfect diamond there are no flaws in my opinion.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are at least a dozen guys I'd rather have over Carr

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why i said you might not agree. I remember when Brett Farve was still the starter and in one game he got hurt. A back up QB at the time named Aaron Rodgers came in and lite it up. I remember that day like it was yesterday and i remember watching that performance and knowing instantaneously that Rodgers was special. I have had that feeling about 2 other unproven QBs since then but no where as strong. 1. Was Joe Flacco coming out of college, I thought he would be dominate right out the gates, he was not. Also number 2. was Tannehill. He was not either, but like I said it was not as strong a feeling as that day with Rodgers.

The way I now feel about Carr after watching what I saw, I would say my feeling is stronger than what I felt for Rodgers. Take it for what it is worth, I have had strong opinions of players before who have failed miserably in the past but I think he will be a top QB this year.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why i said you might not agree. I remember when Brett Farve was still the starter and in one game he got hurt. A back up QB at the time named Aaron Rodgers

That's funny - I'll never forget when Bledsoe got injured and Romo came in the game. Watched it in my brother's basement 7-8 years ago.

Poor Drew B. most famous for getting injured and jump starting the careers of Brady and Romo, when he was actually a great pocket passer. Damn cement shoes they kept forcing him to wear, preventing him from avoiding all those hits!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot - Let's say that Carr is the Best Ever. Let's say that even with a mediocre receiving corps he shatters the rookie TD passing record (26) and gets 30. Let's say he also shatters the rookie yardage record (4400 or something from Luck) and gets 4800, all while somehow keeping it to 10 INTs.

He'd still barely be a top-10 QB, and maybe not even that.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points Wil and I will admit I am probably over reacting like a tend to do a lot, but I geuss I am just trying to express that I expect him to be very productive this year and cant wait to see him in action week 1 against the Jets soi I can get some more footage, no pun intended.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Aaron Rodgers also say and watched and learned for over a year. Carr may very well be good. . But it won't be this year, with that supporting cast

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh another QB I forgot about that i loved in the preseason and was a rookie at the time that turned out pretty good. Russell Wilson. i think i ranked him 3rd over all that year too and of course everyone laughed, and off course he didn't finish in the top 3 but I think he was in the top 10. Not too bad considering he wasn't the starter at the time of my rankings. So you see evena squire gets a nut every once in a while. Maybe the human stat machine Wil can remember what I am talking about.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't deny that Foot.. but the only thing those guys and Carr have in common is that they were young QB's.. The situations are night and day different. . Green Bay Packers, solid system, good supporting cast, established head coach. . Learned behind a HOF'er....Seattle... amazing defense, great running game, was ready to put him in a place to succeed. .. and Oakland.. nothing but barren desert as far as the eye can see. Might have a decent run game, maybe. But, he's set up to fail this year, if he can somehow pull the Raiders out if the laughing stock category this season, then put him in the HOF right now.