• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 30 Team Mock Draft Team (Post Yours Here)

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PG: D'Angelo Russell
SG: Iman Shumpert
SF: Andrew Wiggins
PF: Jared Sullinger
C: Al Horford

Bench:
Taj Gibson
Nik Stauskas
DJ Augustin
Jusuf Nurkic
Tim Hardaway Jr.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tristan can guard barnes thats for sure.

You missed the point. It's not individual man defense, it's what it creates for the offense. It makes Tristan have to move out to the perimeter to guard Barnes, which in turn opens up the entire middle of the floor. It reverses the course of the offense, but still works to my team's favor. If you have Dunleavy in there, it opens up shooters because of the threat of the post scoring. If you have all shooters on the court and spread the defense, it opens up the middle of the court.

Even if Tristan were to hold his own on the perimeter, you just opened up the entire middle of the court. You would have Blake playing the High post surrounded by 4 shooters. You would have back cuts or pick and rolls, with no backside help.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you just sub dunleavy for thompson then....not a difficult fix.

If you put Thompson there, your team will never score. Paint would be ridiculously congested with that lineup.

You have shooting, but none of your premier players are shooters. That means you will have a tough time getting your best 5 players on the floor together.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go ahead and say what everyone is thinking. My squad is below average right now, but in 3 years that could be a damn tough team with Wiggins in year 4, Russell in year 3 and Sullinger only 27.

My biggest weakness would be at the SF position, both starting and backup.

Another weakness would be 3 PT shooting. Hardaway Jr. and Stauskas can both shoot a bit but neither is a great shooter and both pretty weak on defense and can't create space on their own.

But my defense, both interior and on the perimeter is pretty solid. Nobody spectacular but good enough to not give up a ton of points.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my team is not exactly filled with sexy names, but here is why I think my team wins the championship THIS season. All bets are off after that.

-Elite defense- Leonard and Duncan are super elite defenders at their positions and will anchor the first unit. Sefolosha, Ginobli, and West are all outstanding defenders also. My other 4 rotation guys are all somewhere near league average. Overall, no team defense will be better than the Wizards.

-Offensive chemistry- I built my team around Kawhi Leonard specifically to suit his strengths. Leonard is the most efficient player in the league on catch and shoot spot up chances. To make the most of that, I needed an unselfish group that will move the ball well and be able to space the floor. I drafted as many 3 point threats as possible, while also focusing on players (other than Holliday) who can play well off of the ball. Also, I think Duncan, Leonard, Ginobli and West might just play pretty well together.

-playmakers- Jrue Holliday is one of the top play making PGs in the league. Many possessions will start with a middle ball screen with Holliday attacking toward Leonard's side of the floor. Holliday will be able to create spot up chances for Leonard and others. His elite upside will be realized under the tutiledge of Duncan and the rest of the Spurs vets.

Chalmers is a unique PG who is a highly efficient catch and shoot player. He can back up Holliday at the 1, but is also able to play off the ball very efficiently thanks to his experience in Miami.

Ginobli is one of the most efficient SGs in the league despite his advanced age. He is a great defender, can create shots for himself and others and is a very good catch and shoot player also.

-Big men- all 4 of the "bigs" on my roster are capable of playing with the other 3 guys. Williams will play a lot as a stretch 4, but he may see fewer minutes against teams that have more traditional 4 men. For example, against Blake Griffin, we will see more West and Olynyck, and less Williams. Duncan will anchor the D as the center, but he is also capable of playing 4 in big lineups with Olynyk. Williams and Olynyk can both shoot the 3, and West and Duncan have terrific mid range games. All 4 bigs are highly skilled.

-SG- naysayers will take 1 look at my SG position and call it a weakness, but I don't think it is. Morrow will get some of Thabo's minutes against teams that have an offensively challenged player that Morrow can "hide against". While my starter may be weak, nobody has a better bench SG than Ginobli. Also, the ability to play Chalmers and Holliday together all ow me to match up with two PG small ball teams.

-Winning experience- 4 players on my team have won rings, including my best 2 players. 4 play for the Spurs, who are one of the better teams in league history by record. 5 have NBA finals experience and 6 have conference finals experience. 9/10 players are on teams likely to win at least 1 playoff series this year.

-4th quarter line up- in the end game, this is who I will have on the floor:

Holliday
Ginobli
Leonard
Williams/west- depending on matchup
Duncan

If you have read this Wiggy like post in its entirety, rememeber to vote Wizards in 2016!

My strategy vs. the Wiz - Pound the ball inside with Z-Bo.:yahoo:

Marvin Williams is his bitch. It will open up opportunites for my plethora of shooters - Middleton, Jackson, Barnes, Harris, and Barea. The on-the-ball D abilities of Thabo and Leonard won't even be utilized with the looks Middleton will get from Randolph post-ups. If Duncan helps on Z-Bo, even Jokic can step out and knock down some perimeter shots.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My strategy vs. the Wiz - Pound the ball inside with Z-Bo.:yahoo:

Marvin Williams is his bitch. It will open up opportunites for my plethora of shooters - Middleton, Jackson, Barnes, Harris, and Barea. The on-the-ball D abilities of Thabo and Leonard won't even be utilized with the looks Middleton will get from Randolph post-ups. If Duncan helps on Z-Bo, even Jokic can step out and knock down some perimeter shots.

That won't work because Zbo will see West and Duncan a lot more. The flexibility of my Bigs allows me to go small or big. Against your team, Williams could actually slide to the 3 in a big lineup.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post my team for me. I'm too lazy. Thanks

Sure why not...

@bksballer89's Miami Heat:

PG: Damian Lillard
SG: Jordan Clarkson
SF: Marcus Morris
PF: Tobias Harris
C: Rudy Gobert

Bench:
Eric Gordon
Shaun Livingston
Michael Beasley
Marreese Speights
Kris Humphries

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers:

PG: Darren Collison
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Danillo Gallinari
PF: Chris Bosh
C: Marcin Gortat

Bench:

PG: Cameron Payne
SG: Terry Rozier/E'Twaun Moore
SF: Dario Saric
PF: Joffrey Louvergne

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team
PG- Kyrie Irving(33 minutes)
SG-Jodie Meeks(20 minutes)
SF- Trevor Ariza(26 minutes)
PF- Gorgui Dieng(27 minutes
C- Joakim Noah(28 minutes)
Bench-
PG- Patrick Beverley(15 minutes at PG 9 minutes at SG)24 minutes
SG- dion waiters-(19 minutes)
SF- Solomon Hill(19 minutes)
PF- Jerami Grant(16 minutes at PF and 3 minutes at SF )19 minutes
C- Stephen Adams(20 minutes at C and 5 minutes at PF) 25 minutes
3 years from now
PG- Kyrie Irving- 33 minutes
SG- Jodie Meeks-20 minutes
SF- Trevor Ariza-21 minutes
PF- Gorgui Dieng- 27 minutes
C- Steven Adams-27 minutes
Bench
PG- Patrick Beverley(15 minutes at PG 9 minutes at SG)24 minutes
SG- Dion Waiters -19 minutes
SF- Solomon Hill-23 minutes
PF- Jerami Grant-25 minutes(21 minutes at PF and 4 minutes at SF)
C- Joakim Noah- 21 minutes

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed the point. It's not individual man defense, it's what it creates for the offense. It makes Tristan have to move out to the perimeter to guard Barnes, which in turn opens up the entire middle of the floor. It reverses the course of the offense, but still works to my team's favor. If you have Dunleavy in there, it opens up shooters because of the threat of the post scoring. If you have all shooters on the court and spread the defense, it opens up the middle of the court.

Even if Tristan were to hold his own on the perimeter, you just opened up the entire middle of the court. You would have Blake playing the High post surrounded by 4 shooters. You would have back cuts or pick and rolls, with no backside help.
if I have LeBron James, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Mathew Dellavadova, Jonas Valunciunas and Tristan Thompson all on the floor- i may have some problems on the offensive end- but defensively? RIDICULOUS.

Thompson ABSOLUTELY can guard a guy like Barnes on the perimeter- he cant take Thompson to the hoop.

What guys one-on-one are breaking down Delly, LeBron or MKG only to meet Valunciunas under the basket? NOT MANY thats for sure.

i mean- good luck back cutting and putting LeBron James and MKG in a pick and roll...thats freaking DEATH to an offense right there- especially with Jonas cleaning up. They can switch that all day.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I have LeBron James, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Mathew Dellavadova, Jonas Valunciunas and Tristan Thompson all on the floor- i may have some problems on the offensive end- but defensively? RIDICULOUS.

Thompson ABSOLUTELY can guard a guy like Barnes on the perimeter- he cant take Thompson to the hoop.

What guys one-on-one are breaking down Delly, LeBron or MKG only to meet Valunciunas under the basket? NOT MANY thats for sure.

i mean- good luck back cutting and putting LeBron James and MKG in a pick and roll...thats freaking DEATH to an offense right there- especially with Jonas cleaning up. They can switch that all day.

You failed to see my point so I'll elaborate.

You have essentially 3 of the same pieces from last years championship team who struggled against a lineup that went small. You have basically 4, because you're continuing to play Valanciunas who in bigger terms is no different than Mozgof (I'll explain later). MKG is an elite defender, but he's not important here (again, I'll explain).

I'm not talking about putting MKG or Lebron in a pick and roll. I'm not even talking about TT in a pick and roll. I'm talking about a 1-5 pick and roll with Bledsoe and Blake. With three knock down 3 point shooters, it means that TT, MKG and Lebron are all spaced away from the hoop. It leaves a wide open middle with Valanciunas having to play much higher off the pick and roll. If you double Bledsoe off the P&R, you dump the ball to Blake who has a wide open lane to the hoop. If the help collapses you have a 3 point shooter wide open. If you don't double, you basically have Bledsoe taking Valanciunas off the dribble too the hoop, 23 feet from the basket. He'll feast on that. Again if help comes to collapse on him, I have 3 shooters waiting.

You simply wouldn't be able to guard against this continuing to remain big with Jonas and TT in the game.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot who was on my team it's been so long lol

New York Knicks
Starters:

PG Derrick Rose
SG Bradley Beal
SF Omir Casspi
PF Anthony Davis
C Pau Gasol

Bench:

PG George Hill
SG Gerald Henderson
SF Tony Snell
PF Luc Richard Mbah a Moute
C Zaza Pachulia

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You failed to see my point so I'll elaborate.

You have essentially 3 of the same pieces from last years championship team who struggled against a lineup that went small. You have basically 4, because you're continuing to play Valanciunas who in bigger terms is no different than Mozgof (I'll explain later). MKG is an elite defender, but he's not important here (again, I'll explain).

I'm not talking about putting MKG or Lebron in a pick and roll. I'm not even talking about TT in a pick and roll. I'm talking about a 1-5 pick and roll with Bledsoe and Blake. With three knock down 3 point shooters, it means that TT, MKG and Lebron are all spaced away from the hoop. It leaves a wide open middle with Valanciunas having to play much higher off the pick and roll. If you double Bledsoe off the P&R, you dump the ball to Blake who has a wide open lane to the hoop. If the help collapses you have a 3 point shooter wide open. If you don't double, you basically have Bledsoe taking Valanciunas off the dribble too the hoop, 23 feet from the basket. He'll feast on that. Again if help comes to collapse on him, I have 3 shooters waiting.

You simply wouldn't be able to guard against this continuing to remain big with Jonas and TT in the game.
why in Gods name would you swithc a 1 - 5 pick and roll? LOL

and isnt bogut in your starting lineup?

your starting back court of Bledoseand Booker- Delly and MKG ABSOLUTELY match up very well against them

LeBron- DOMINATES Harrison Barnes in every aspect

Blake at the 4 is better than Thompson- but hes not gonna destroy Thompson offensively- hes probably one of the better 4's i nthe league that is both quick enough, but strong enough to guard blake

and Valunciunas is far superior to Bogut at this point--- and if Booker is just gonna sit on the 3 pt line- put Delly on him and then have MKG just BULLY Bledsoe- while LeBron SUFFOCATES Barnes

the only "good" offensive matchup you have is Thompson on Blake- and Thompson is precisely the perfect type of guy to guard blake.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will divide up all the minutes later and I will probably slide Moute into the SF position some for a big lineup.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston Celtics -- coached by Brad Stevens

PG: Mike Conley
SG: JJ Redick
SF: DeMarre Carroll
PF: Bobby Portis (and backup C)
C: Marc Gasol
- - -
PG: Dante Exum
SG: Gerald Green
SF: Justin Winslow
PF: Larry Nance, Jr
PF: Donatas Motiejunas

--------------------------------------
I did plan for "3 years from now" as much as this year.

The one pick I don't like as much looking at this is Nance, Jr. He hasn't been stepping up as much this year as I thought he would. If I had it to do over -- I probably would have taken a backup center like Koufas, Zeller or Olynyk (not sure exactly who was still available) at that spot.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma City Thunder

PG- Mathew Dellavadova
SG- Michael Kidd- Gilchrist
SF- Mike Dunleavy
PF- LeBron James
C- Jonas Valunciunas

Bench-
PG- Deron Williams
SG- Jared Dudley
PF-- Channing Frye, Mike Scott
PF/C- Tristan Thompson

Lebron will definitely have to carry the load offensively most of the season.

Dunleavy, Kidd Gilchrist and Delly aren't going to provide too much offense. You do have 2 good shooters on the floor, but guys that don't play starter minutes at the moment. Jonas is pretty solid at the rim. But the key is defense which you get from at least 3 of the starters, very good defense. But can they outscore the really good offensive teams, probably not.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I slightly messed up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds with Noah And Ariza... But I don't think it hurts my team...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why in Gods name would you swithc a 1 - 5 pick and roll? LOL

and isnt bogut in your starting lineup?

your starting back court of Bledoseand Booker- Delly and MKG ABSOLUTELY match up very well against them

LeBron- DOMINATES Harrison Barnes in every aspect

Blake at the 4 is better than Thompson- but hes not gonna destroy Thompson offensively- hes probably one of the better 4's i nthe league that is both quick enough, but strong enough to guard blake

and Valunciunas is far superior to Bogut at this point--- and if Booker is just gonna sit on the 3 pt line- put Delly on him and then have MKG just BULLY Bledsoe- while LeBron SUFFOCATES Barnes

the only "good" offensive matchup you have is Thompson on Blake- and Thompson is precisely the perfect type of guy to guard blake.

You basically ignored everything I wrote. Good job.