• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Murray ranked above Lynch

The Iron Jaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a Cowboys fan and have put DeMarco Murray on my list for Sport's Most Wanted Criminals after (even though I thought he was on his way out) went to the enemy, and that's not acceptable for any reason.

With that being said, I think DeMarco Murray had a better year than Marshawn Lynch. Yes, the offensive line proved to be amazed for Murray's production last year, but it also helped he played with a broken hand and he was able to play an entire 16-game season, the first (and likely the last) of his pro career.

If you've ever watched Murray, he fights for extra yards (not to say Lynch doesn't), but Murray's will to get the extra 3-4-5 yards helped his yard totals. But to say the only reason Murray had that successful season was because the offensive line is absurd in my opinion, though it contributed greatly, it wasn't the ONLY reason on this planet. It could also be because of Tony Romo's and Dez Bryant's presence, that they couldn't put 8-9 guys in the box to go after the running game.

If I had to say, I'd rather have Murray than Lynch (age also comes in). However, I disagree greatly that Murray was the 4th-best player in the league last season. But we must keep in mind that NFL's Top 100 is pathetic and isn't respectable.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantastic job guys. 3 pages in. good back and forth and discussion. No troll jobs. No falling into the same ol' tired arguments. Refreshing that this type of conversation can still be had on this board.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed....may not ever stay upright 16 games again
He probably wouldn't have in 2014 if it wasn't a contract year either.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some people take these rankings way too seriously, LOL.

Who the hell cares, especially if your team played in a Super Bowl, whether some running back was ranked higher than your team's running back on some list?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if we're talking about 2014 campaign or overall? Having said that I do put stock in the players selections above fans or media. All could be biased? For certain at least the players know what it takes to play at that level. I do think #4 overall is a little high but I would still place him above Lynch. Say maybe #7 or 8? Murray less wear and tear overall and younger. The last couple years he's been averaging over 50 receptions that's as good as some receivers. I think the Philly offense will also help his style of running. He shouldn't take as much a beating? He's faster or at least was (combine results) and his knock coming out of school was he liked to bounce outside to early. Lynch is a beast still. Would take either on my team. But I think the players got it close to right.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch > Murray