• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Murray is going to get paid!!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry bit good drafts did not put us in this situation. Bad contracts and bad trades over the years did.

Oh I agree with that. You have to think though will we be able to keep Murray , Dez, Tyron, Martin, Leary, Williams, Frederik, Lee, Carter, , Romo, Spencer, etc

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree with that. You have to think though will we be able to keep Murray , Dez, Tyron, Martin, Leary, Williams, Frederik, Lee, Carter, , Romo, Spencer, etc

think this is spencers last year.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to keep both guys and I believe SJ can work the cap like none other, but if I have to choose one Dez is the guy that needs to be resigned asap. Good to see T.Will look good last night but he's no Dez.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys probably not smart enough to sign murray. He should have been starter from the day he stepped foot at Valley ranch. Instead they started Jones whom was a scrub. I told everyone at espn board he was the real deal. His ol at OK was not good. He had already established himself as a touchdown machine at ok. He also was great in pass protection in college

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll find a way to keep both. Still think we tag one of them. As for Romo, that's a pill we have to someday swallow, just not next year. I have this feeling that when we say goodbye to Romo, we'll also get rid of Witten in a package deal. Both have several years left on their contracts, so health is pretty much the determining factor there.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Witten will retire a Cowboy, on his terms. I guarantee that!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap wise I don't think so however nets who's much smarter than I on the Cap says it's possible.

Thanks bro. I do think it is very possible to keep both as well as Carter and McClain. I don't think the LBs break the bank between their history of mental instability and injury/on and off play. Several things to consider here. The NFL cap went up 10MM this past year when the direct tv contract was only 1billion annually, with a 50% increase in this contract alone one would have to assume that the cap would go up at least 150% of what it did last year meaning that a jump of 15MM to 148MM as 2015 cap; however this is a figure not based upon revenue sharing, merchant sales, etc. I have projected the cap to be in the 150MM range for 2015 which shouldn't be to much of a stretch.

If the cap does jump to 150MM we would start at about 15MM in free space even before we decline the Free option which clears about another 10MM, and a move that I think if Crawford continues to shine at 3tech, decline the Melton deal to free up another 9MM in space (you can't pay a part time player that type of money especially when Suh is a FA and Lions won't bring him back). Now you have an estimated 29MM in cap space; BUT wait don't forget all of your cap space this year carries over to next year, which as of now we have about 5MM in space which would put us at 34MM going into 2015.

This is before any restructuring even takes place. Now if these numbers project out to be correct, and we can't sign Dez, Murray, Carter, and McClain to the team with 34MM in cap space, then someone isn't doing their job right, especially considering the Dez deal will probably be a low first year cap hit as a planned restructure first year. Due to the brilliance of the structure of the Smith deal, he has very little guaranteed money, and can be restructured with ease which at this point why wouldn't you restructure the best LTs contract in football especially at his age? It is my belief that not only can and will Dallas be able to sign every player they WANT to keep, but they can be players in FA.

For now my friends though let's enjoy this season while we can; and we will get into the cap stuff later when the season is closer to ending.

pools

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murry turned down a 4 year offer this week.

If he can't hold on to the damn ball with this O-line we don't need his fumbling ass. There are plenty of running backs that can do what he does in yards with this line.

Let him leave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murry turned down a 4 year offer this week.

If he can't hold on to the damn ball with this O-line we don't need his fumbling ass. There are plenty of running backs that can do what he does in yards with this line.

Let him leave

No one takes the first offer they get, part of the negotiation process.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline is the end of this month. Do we have the team that can take one player and make a run? I know playoffs are a long time away, but we need some kind of disrupter on the Dline. I know we are getting pressures but we need those losses As well. Our 3rd down defense since week 1 has been outstanding. Don't know how much more we can keep bending though . I mean aren't we thankful they didn't hand it to Foster on 3rd down the other day . This team is kind of resembling the 91 team to me. At least the defense anyway.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade deadline is the end of this month. Do we have the team that can take one player and make a run? I know playoffs are a long time away, but we need some kind of disrupter on the Dline. I know we are getting pressures but we need those losses As well. Our 3rd down defense since week 1 has been outstanding. Don't know how much more we can keep bending though . I mean aren't we thankful they didn't hand it to Foster on 3rd down the other day . This team is kind of resembling the 91 team to me. At least the defense anyway.

There's no way we trade for an impact defender. Pick any talented player in the league. Why would his current team let him go? If it's to clear cap space, we can't help them, with Dez and Murray looming as FA's, we have none. Also, to get value, you have to trade value. We have little to no depth, so any good player we traded would create another hole. Any player we traded, their signing bonus pro rate would accelerate into a major cap hit. If we didn't trade players, we'd have to trade picks, which are gold, but again, we'd be taking on payroll without giving up salary. Would love to add an impact player, but it ain't happening through trade. Our best hope might be that Lawrence can contribute some type of pass rush when he gets back

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no way we trade for an impact defender. Pick any talented player in the league. Why would his current team let him go? If it's to clear cap space, we can't help them, with Dez and Murray looming as FA's, we have none. Also, to get value, you have to trade value. We have little to no depth, so any good player we traded would create another hole. Any player we traded, their signing bonus pro rate would accelerate into a major cap hit. If we didn't trade players, we'd have to trade picks, which are gold, but again, we'd be taking on payroll without giving up salary. Would love to add an impact player, but it ain't happening through trade. Our best hope might be that Lawrence can contribute some type of pass rush when he gets back

You have to understand I believe the new trade deadline is week 8 now which is midpoint of the season, also at that point teams know if they are contenders or pretenders by that point and their plans for that player in the offseason by then. To clarify, teams value draft picks not players when they are out of the race. The only impactful player I can see possibly being traded away is Suh due to the fact the Lions don't want to sign him in the offseason, nor does he want to be there, both are preparing to part ways according to reports. With this being said, the lions look like pretenders and not contenders in that division. I'd say packers and bears are both better, and on any given Sunday a teddy b Vikings team could beat them. The lions will want to gather picks for this coming draft. However there is no way in hell we could trade for Suh, and it isn't because of the value we'd have to give up, but rather because of the cap. We have about 5 or 6 million available to us; and we want to, no correction have to based upon need, carry this amount with us to next year, when it becomes more prudent for us to drop the contract of a Melton and sign a Suh.

Hope this makes sense, btw if we do trade for someone it'll be a tier B type of player. I think this team rides it out and takes its blessings of getting healthier along the DL including return of DLaw!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,306.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't you guys cut romo?

Of course Dallas can cut TR, but there is the issue of over $49M in dead money to contend with. That is an enormous hit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Dallas can cut TR, but there is the issue of over $49M in dead money to contend with. That is an enormous hit.

I wouldn't cut the toughest player to replace on the team