• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's @ White Sox: April 12th-14th

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Logan get a "W" today... He looks like he's going to be the real deal... Glad he could see some run support... Stopping a losing skid is always a bonus...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man this is baseball!
This crap ain't won in week one or let alone in a month.
Hell look at Atlanta winning the whole damn thing last year!

I know some of you're chapped about your Hawks stripping the franchise down and rebuilding, but hang on to your hats cause this thing is about to take off bigger then 95'!

And if you respond with " what about 95"?"
Go do your homework and send me pics of your mom!
Lighten up Francis, I watched that whole game and have seen nearly every pitch so far. Busting on the team has been its own pastime for years now, decades in fact. I'm always 100% here at least through July if not longer. They haven't even had a home game yet. I doubt anyone is seriously giving up on them already.

They've got some young kids worth watching their growth on, a Cy young guy on the mound, some decent bullpen guys, got rid of all of that bloat the team was under before these guys came in.

Can't lie though, I'd be a lot happier if they found an actual competent skipper, but that's not enough to bail on the team.

They won 90 last year and there is an extra WC slot now. They would have been in this year with last year's record no?

But on the flip side, this is the very worst sports franchise of all of US professional sports and it's not even close for next in line. This is the only MLB team to never appear in the WS, they hold the longest playoff drought of all of pro sports(in the US of course). Every single long-standing fan of this club has earned their right to dump on the team first, and ask questions later. 1000% so.

Hell, UW has gone through some bad times and I've never even considered bailing on them. Even when we should.

Only following a team when they are winning is called a Droider. Never go full Droider.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This dogshit franchise has catered to McNabb's ilk for decades. Fans like that are just as tedious and boring as the M's front office.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you back, buddy.

Unfortunately you're just bringing yourself back to a world of disappointment.

Cheers :suds:
I won't stick around if they're horrible, and it really won't take more than the month that I'm giving to it to figure it out.

I've loved having the MLB subscription the past couple of years. Been really fun to watch good teams play for a change.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighten up Francis, I watched that whole game and have seen nearly every pitch so far. Busting on the team has been its own pastime for years now, decades in fact. I'm always 100% here at least through July if not longer. They haven't even had a home game yet. I doubt anyone is seriously giving up on them already.

They've got some young kids worth watching their growth on, a Cy young guy on the mound, some decent bullpen guys, got rid of all of that bloat the team was under before these guys came in.

Can't lie though, I'd be a lot happier if they found an actual competent skipper, but that's not enough to bail on the team.

They won 90 last year and there is an extra WC slot now. They would have been in this year with last year's record no?

But on the flip side, this is the very worst sports franchise of all of US professional sports and it's not even close for next in line. This is the only MLB team to never appear in the WS, they hold the longest playoff drought of all of pro sports(in the US of course). Every single long-standing fan of this club has earned their right to dump on the team first, and ask questions later. 1000% so.

Hell, UW has gone through some bad times and I've never even considered bailing on them. Even when we should.

Only following a team when they are winning is called a Droider. Never go full Droider.

Im light!
Im only drinking water now a days

Hey we all wanted them to come out of the gate hot and fast.
They are hitting the ball hard now, just into outs. Sooner or later that will be solid hits.
The three young dudes having a great day at the plate yesterday was really needed, they need all the confidence building they can get right now

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im light!
Im only drinking water now a days

Hey we all wanted them to come out of the gate hot and fast.
They are hitting the ball hard now, just into outs. Sooner or later that will be solid hits.
The three young dudes having a great day at the plate yesterday was really needed, they need all the confidence building they can get right now
Jrod has been wrung up like 4 times on pitches that were well off the plate? Maybe 5? It's been insane. But I love that he's still taking pitches he should despite those egregious calls. He's only been on base like 4 times? and has two steals. He's going to be must see TV for at least most of this year. But... he's a rookie and will have AB's and fielding errors that reflect that.

I had a coworker who was expecting him to hit near .300 this year and of course I told him to stop being a noob. My take was if he hit .260+ maybe 18-19 HR, and north of 60 RBI he'd have a fairly solid year. Anything above that is a bonus, and anything below that doesn't mean he's a bust. My coworker isn't alone though. He's got lofty goals by some that will be nearly impossible to live up to.

I still just don't trust that the organization, and skip specifically, to manage them correctly. Servais is so bad at managing the bullpen, but has left batters in situations that prolong slumps vs protecting them from their own mental blocks. I get way more frustrated watching his lack of basic management than I do any losing streaks for the team. Especially when it is obvious to all of us when some losses have to be squarely on him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't stick around if they're horrible, and it really won't take more than the month that I'm giving to it to figure it out.

I've loved having the MLB subscription the past couple of years. Been really fun to watch good teams play for a change.
I don't really have much logical justification for this, but I could see the Mariners start slow out the gate as they figure things out. I think there are a ton of variables that will play itself out over the course of the first few months such as if Julio needs seasoning at AAA, if Kelenic gets things figured out, how much time Raleigh should be catching, if Matt Brash is legit, how many ABs Toro and Torrens should be getting, if the bullpen can replicate last years success or needs to be upgraded, if Suarez is the 2021 edition, the 2019 edition or something in between etc. etc.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen, but I'm pretty comfortable walking away after a month if I don't think they're worth watching anymore. A losing record doesn't necessarily mean I'm walking, so I guess we'll see.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen, but I'm pretty comfortable walking away after a month if I don't think they're worth watching anymore. A losing record doesn't necessarily mean I'm walking, so I guess we'll see.
Well I would say that it's an encouraging sign that so far this series we have outscored the Astros 19-7 so far this series.