• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Vs KC; July 3rd - 5th

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I've seen so many should have been overturned calls that weren't go against the Mariners the past couple weeks that I seriously am starting to wonder if New York has a directive to overturn fewer calls so it's not so obvious how badly MLB umpires suck.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano and Gamel both with errors in the 10th in a tie game.

That about sums up the first half of the season doesn't it?

:burt:

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano and Gamel both with errors in the 10th in a tie game.

That about sums up the first half of the season doesn't it?

:burt:
and to think they're paid to do this...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,048.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I said I just cannot even entertain the idea of a WC slot until they are holding one convincingly.

This is a team prone to playing very very bad baseball over stretches. They do this year in and year out. For over a decade. Their wins are better than prior years, but the same old very stupid losses and in bunches.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners have lost 7 straight at home. Not the mark of a playoff team.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always have thought there are three stages of grief associated with being a Mariner fan. When they inevitably show their true colors and fall out of the race.
First stage is getting pissed off and angry
Second stage is just being disappointed with how things are unfolding.
Third stage is apathy.

I am slowing leaning towards Stage 3 which sucks. My main issue is this shouldn't be a mediocre team. And if they are it should be because of the rotation. The rotation has kept them in most games however it's been the offense that has been hit or miss. Whether it be Cano swinging at pitches out of the zone or Seagar popping up pitches down the middle it's just to frustrating. This isn't like the Jack Z offenses that I knew would suck. They should be better and they aren't. Not sure who should ultimately fall on the sword but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 games behind the last wildcard spot and now 4 games from last place in the division. Which path will they take? Nevermind, this is the Mariners, we know what's going to happen.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always have thought there are three stages of grief associated with being a Mariner fan. When they inevitably show their true colors and fall out of the race.
First stage is getting pissed off and angry
Second stage is just being disappointed with how things are unfolding.
Third stage is apathy.

I am slowing leaning towards Stage 3 which sucks. My main issue is this shouldn't be a mediocre team. And if they are it should be because of the rotation. The rotation has kept them in most games however it's been the offense that has been hit or miss. Whether it be Cano swinging at pitches out of the zone or Seagar popping up pitches down the middle it's just to frustrating. This isn't like the Jack Z offenses that I knew would suck. They should be better and they aren't. Not sure who should ultimately fall on the sword but it's frustrating nonetheless.

Nobody is going to fall on it this season, Servais is Jerry's guy!

Do you blame Stottlemyre cause of the pitching?

Do you blame Martinez for the lack of hitting?

Or Bogar for the stupid defensive plays at times?

Injuries will be the main reason for failure this season. If anything next year will be the " get this team together or else" solution, which will bring another famous M's plan of tearing it down and starting fresh again.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries will be the main reason for failure this season. If anything next year will be the " get this team together or else" solution, which will bring another famous M's plan of tearing it down and starting fresh again.

A month ago I guess I could have bought injuries but now I'm just not sure that's main issue. They are pretty healthy right now. I think Mirandas numbers are probably simlair to what we could expect from Smyly. The one thing I do wonder is if Seagar is possbily hiding an injury. I can't think of another reason for him to be this bad.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A month ago I guess I could have bought injuries but now I'm just not sure that's main issue. They are pretty healthy right now. I think Mirandas numbers are probably simlair to what we could expect from Smyly. The one thing I do wonder is if Seagar is possbily hiding an injury. I can't think of another reason for him to be this bad.

I think there was a comment made by someone back in May, about Seagar and him playing through an injury, ( I believe Robbie and Jean were out at the same time)....

Either way I guess I'm making the excuses for them, the whole crappy part here is they will get hot, make another serious push on the second w/c spot only to go back into another slump....

They brag about Robbie and Nellie being the leaders in the clubhouse, I think it's time for both of them to step it up and start chewing some butt ( after they get their game back) and put it on the players....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They brag about Robbie and Nellie being the leaders in the clubhouse, I think it's time for both of them to step it up and start chewing some butt ( after they get their game back) and put it on the players....

You can't chew out anyone when you can't even hustle to a base. Lead by example...which unfortunately they do.