• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Sign Robles

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To funny, my brother was over the other day when I read the Bats DFA'd him. I said he sounds like a future Mariner. Former top prospect, 27 and just has Dipoto guy written all over him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The part Jerry couldn't resist:

Adam Jude

@A_Jude
·
42m

Robles will join the M's in Oakland on Tuesday. Nice low-risk move for the Mariners, who are only on the hook for the prorated portion of the league minimum salary ($740,000).

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're trying to win a division and we pick up a guy that can't even keep a spot on a team four games under .500. Makes you wonder why he didn't just get Tommy Pham? Oh, nevermind, I know why. He makes a whopping and unaffordable $3 million this year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This IMO is a good move. They need Clase down getting every day AB’s.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Hollander does anything but follow up paperwork IMO.
Their dynamic is weird. Jerry talks as though he is the GM, every talking head around the country talks as though he is the GM. To be honest the whole Mariners organization is weird. Stanton talks and acts like he is the majority owner but isn’t. They got that Griggs lady (I think that’s her name) who’s job is the business director so you’d think she’d get more heat because Root and Comcast should fall under her responsibility.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...

Maybe the new bench coach/OC can find a way to boost his bat. We've certainly looked like a somewhat different team in whole ever since the previous guy got fired.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...

Maybe the new bench coach/OC can find a way to boost his bat. We've certainly looked like a somewhat different team in whole ever since the previous guy got fired.
It sounded like the fired guy was too smart for the hitters. I never anyone say that before until now. Weird.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their dynamic is weird. Jerry talks as though he is the GM, every talking head around the country talks as though he is the GM. To be honest the whole Mariners organization is weird. Stanton talks and acts like he is the majority owner but isn’t. They got that Griggs lady (I think that’s her name) who’s job is the business director so you’d think she’d get more heat because Root and Comcast should fall under her responsibility.
Agreed. Jerry always talks as if he is the GM. Not really sure what the President of Baseball operations does if he isn't doing GM duties. He has no part on the business side because of that being Griggs job. And I totally agree that if the Root thing is such a franchise killer, why isn't she getting more heat about it? I don't think she was there when they bought it, but it has been hers to look after for years now. projections are a big part of business and obviously she didn't see this coming.

Again, we are the only franchise that I am aware of that had a owner who couldn't be part of their own day-to-day activities when Nintendo owned it. I am grateful for them, but just another odd chapter to their sad history.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Jerry always talks as if he is the GM. Not really sure what the President of Baseball operations does if he isn't doing GM duties. He has no part on the business side because of that being Griggs job. And I totally agree that if the Root thing is such a franchise killer, why isn't she getting more heat about it? I don't think she was there when they bought it, but it has been hers to look after for years now. projections are a big part of business and obviously she didn't see this coming.

Again, we are the only franchise that I am aware of that had a owner who couldn't be part of their own day-to-day activities when Nintendo owned it. I am grateful for them, but just another odd chapter to their sad history.
It is pretty sad when your own ownership doesn't care enough to watch and handle things.

"Supervision? WTF is that?"

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, we are the only franchise that I am aware of that had an owner who couldn't be part of their own day-to-day activities when Nintendo owned it. I am grateful for them, but just another odd chapter to their sad history.
Theoretically the President of Baseball ops supposed be making sure the club is making enough money for the GM cause he is the conduit between GM and owner/owners. That’s why it’s so weird. The M’s created a job for that chick they fired and she cried sexism, they created a job for the coach they just fired, they created a job for Griggs that is half of the job for ops for every other franchise in sports. With every other club in any sport you are president of all, vice president of something or director of something individual.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, we are the only franchise that I am aware of that had an owner who couldn't be part of their own day-to-day activities when Nintendo owned it. I am grateful for them, but just another odd chapter to their sad history.
And I don’t know what her job actually entails but dealing with media deals should fall squarely under her job at least by title. There isn’t an owner or president of baseball, football or basketball ops that deals with media or media rights but I also don’t know of another president of business or financial. Otherwise she is basically Kevin Martinez where she is trying to attract ad money and community outreach.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theoretically the President of Baseball ops supposed be making sure the club is making enough money for the GM cause he is the conduit between GM and owner/owners. That’s why it’s so weird. The M’s created a job for that chick they fired and she cried sexism, they created a job for the coach they just fired, they created a job for Griggs that is half of the job for ops for every other franchise in sports. With every other club in any sport you are president of all, vice president of something or director of something individual.
From 2021

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A move that had to be done because the way Canzone has been playing there needs to be more help in the OF as Jonathan Clase isn't really that guy either. Every team is facing some kind of deficiency all we can do as the season has kicked off is to just do what we can as we continue the marathon.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A move that had to be done because the way Canzone has been playing there needs to be more help in the OF as Jonathan Clase isn't really that guy either. Every team is facing some kind of deficiency all we can do as the season has kicked off is to just do what we can as we continue the marathon.
Unfortunately we tend to rely on these type moves during the season and they have yet been able to shine a turd into gold.