• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's Roadtrip Twins & D-Backs (7/24 - 7/30)

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never know though, teams can go on losing streaks, Aug can see some teams fall back… Last month isn’t always a predictor of the next month… Mariners are still very much alive …
You are one step closer than me to being right. :suds:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully they can stay consistent ! How are you feeling about the trade ?
My initial reaction, and it has yet to change, is we traded for jerry's utility guys once again. No player that will be a long term position starter/contributor. I see Toro and Hummel in these guys. Some people say Sewald wasn't all that, but he had value. I think he had more value than we got. I am still trying to figure out which of the three players was the target and which were the fill.

What about you?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My initial reaction, and it has yet to change, is we traded for jerry's utility guys once again. No player that will be a long term position starter/contributor. I see Toro and Hummel in these guys. Some people say Sewald wasn't all that, but he had value. I think he had more value than we got. I am still trying to figure out which of the three players was the target and which were the fill.

What about you?

I can’t say yet, we can use some offensive upgrades and I just don’t know enough about the 3 players we got … I do know some Arizona fans thought their team gave up too much much, I guess we’ll find out in time … Sucks seeing Sewald go though, he’s been good for us …

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire mystery is solved over the next 2 weeks of baseball.

Last nites win was kinda big as it sets us up to take 2/3 vs AZ ( if we lose the series with AZ the fat lady is walking up to the mic )
Both LAA and NYY lost last nite so we gained 1 full game on each in the WC hunt. Good News

Our next series is against the 2nd hottest team in baseball right now ( 5 game win streak Boston ) Bad news

If we take 2/3 vs AZ and also take 2/3 vs BOS. The fat lady stays away from the mic stand.

After BOS is a 4 game set against LAA where we must at least split 2/2 minimum ( ideally 3 of 4 + BIG ask )

Anything less than 5 wins over our next 9 games and the Mariners season is over. That is counting tonite game 2 vs AZ.

If the M's do successfully win 5 out of 9 games their reward is a 5 game home stand with BAL and SDO. Where they MUST win 3/5 ( another BIG ask )

That carries them into mid August and a 4 game set w/ KC ( breather - MUST take 3/4 vs the Royals )

That is them winning all the next 5 series and splitting the 2 game set with SDO 1/1

Odds of that happening .... I will guess 25%

I do not think our team is good enough to pull off what I just described above.

Do I hope we can ? well hell yes! I simply think the odds are stacked against them and the Mariners front office sees the exact same scenario infront of them that I just laid out here, and they DO NOT see it happening or we would be BUYERS right now instead of sitting on both our thumbs

If my prophecy is fulfilled I will keep updating the steps.

Step 2 is in the books. Won 2/3 against a tough opponent.

Game 1 vs LAA is going to be tough as Ohtani is on the bump and we are throwing Woo at them. Fingers crossed and hopefully skip is careful with the primo side of our bullpen in game 1 and plays to win 2 of the final 3 if we are well behind in game 1.

If we keep winning series against opponents above us in the standings ... we will make some noise.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last nites win was kinda big as it sets us up to take 2/3 vs AZ ( if we lose the series with AZ the fat lady is walking up to the mic )
Both LAA and NYY lost last nite so we gained 1 full game on each in the WC hunt. Good News

Our next series is against the 2nd hottest team in baseball right now ( 5 game win streak Boston ) Bad news

If we take 2/3 vs AZ and also take 2/3 vs BOS. The fat lady stays away from the mic stand.

After BOS is a 4 game set against LAA where we must at least split 2/2 minimum ( ideally 3 of 4 + BIG ask )

Anything less than 5 wins over our next 9 games and the Mariners season is over. That is counting tonite game 2 vs AZ.

If the M's do successfully win 5 out of 9 games their reward is a 5 game home stand with BAL and SDO. Where they MUST win 3/5 ( another BIG ask )

That carries them into mid August and a 4 game set w/ KC ( breather - MUST take 3/4 vs the Royals )

That is them winning all the next 5 series and splitting the 2 game set with SDO 1/1

Do I hope we can ? well hell yes! I simply think the odds are stacked against them and the Mariners front office sees the exact same scenario infront of them that I just laid out here, and they DO NOT see it happening or we would be BUYERS right now instead of sitting on both our thumbs

Step 3 complete. SWEPT LAA !!

Do not wanna jynx things now !!

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No..mariners need the real..Josh Rojas .
For .
2b/3b..left..while cabillero..2b/3b right..
Rojas .also plays..LF.
Witch they could use him there as well..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No..mariners need the real..Josh Rojas .
For .
2b/3b..left..while cabillero..2b/3b right..
Rojas .also plays..LF.
Witch they could use him there as well..
If the mariners can do this ..get Josh..
Back to normal..
Yeah they have a way .better shot..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.if mariners get ..
Real Rojas..then DH..is not out of the question..either..
With ford..has his troubles...

I dont think it a much of a gamble..as some do..it's the kind of gamble....
I bet on...a bit hedged..in my direction.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know if you have real Rojas.
400 slg that is how

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more..Rojas is high in bases on balls.
55.in 443.at bats is high..
That's good...
So mariners need .the guy who made those..
Stats.

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Step 4 semi complete - 2 game sweep of The Friars ( gave up 1 single run over 18 innings pitched )
Need 1 win against BAL ( minimum for prophecy ) but I believe we can take the series with the way our bats coming alive has synced with our pitching being lights out lately. BAL got knocked around some by HOU and may come limping into SEA with tired arms and some jet lag.

We need to piss on their legs and establish dominance. :pound:

MarinersBestFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Step 4 semi complete - 2 game sweep of The Friars ( gave up 1 single run over 18 innings pitched )
Need 1 win against BAL ( minimum for prophecy ) but I believe we can take the series with the way our bats coming alive has synced with our pitching being lights out lately. BAL got knocked around some by HOU and may come limping into SEA with tired arms and some jet lag.

We need to piss on their legs and establish dominance. :pound:
I will just leave this hear and thank the baseball Gods tonite before going to bed

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
France is at least .a platoon.player..
Who works against..left..
Witch he hits 300 against ..
So mariners..can work..with that .

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of rojas stats are against .right..on splits..so that means something..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at this point..8 have m
Austin Shenton..1b/3b.AAA.L/L
Miguel Vargas...2b/1b..AAA..R/R

Shenton..3b..tampa
Bliss....ss.
Vargas .2b..dodgers.
Shiner....1b.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at this point..8 have m
Austin Shenton..1b/3b.AAA.L/L
Miguel Vargas...2b/1b..AAA..R/R

Shenton..3b..tampa
Bliss....ss.
Vargas .2b..dodgers.
Shiner....1b.
For trades and future 2 trades.. make a big diff.
For future and trades as.well..
Stacking clear down..to dsl...
Mostly..

Free agent.hernandez..ok..ya talked me into it.as a DH .

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schitts Creek Wtf GIF by CBC

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many fingers in the pot..
Apple t.v..
.ba ba ba ..and I want money..cuz 8m mlb..
Thats..ok..I'm getting.rid.of the husky
Logo..cuz..they sold out to china.
As well..so.ya dont..give.ya self..
To the corp.god..of money...at all.costs.
Ya just don't...
Ya watch it ruin..pac12...idk..just.like..chasing.the corp.
God..
And.forgeting the main.reason..education..
No .
I would not..send..mine.there.know.
But it's too late for that

Last edited: