• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's at Jays 5/22-5/24

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing our closer has a 6.61 era... Getting tired of him... 1 blown save so far but its going to start catching up sooner than later... Can't keep dancing with fire...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to shoot himself with that damn imaginary arrow... So tired of him doing that after sucking night in and night out...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing our closer has a 6.61 era... Getting tired of him... 1 blown save so far but its going to start catching up sooner than later... Can't keep dancing with fire...

I want to agree with you, but since coming to the Mariners he is 59/63 (94%) in save opportunities.

In terms of percentage of save opportunities converted, Rodney is one of the best in the league. It's hard to watch sometimes, but he ultimately gets the job done.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to agree with you, but since coming to the Mariners he is 59/63 (94%) in save opportunities.

In terms of percentage of save opportunities converted, Rodney is one of the best in the league. It's hard to watch sometimes, but he ultimately gets the job done.

He also had a much better era 2.85 with us prior to the season. A lot of our guys can convert on these save opportunities with 3 or4 run leads... If he continues on with his 6.61 era, he wont be converting too many more for us... JMHO

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blowers just said that when Jackson comes back it will help Lloyd and his lineups.

How is having another player who cant hit going to help the lineup? More suck to choose from?

He also said K-Nino's batting issues come from having tired legs at times. Tired legs keeps you from making contact? Never knew that.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also said K-Nino's batting issues come from having tired legs at times. Tired legs keeps you from making contact? Never knew that.

Not to use it as an excuse, but yes it can. When one part of your body is tired you tend to overcompensate somewhere else.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to use it as an excuse, but yes it can. When one part of your body is tired you tend to overcompensate somewhere else.

Uhhhh no. Tired legs in baseball decreases your power not your batters eye. what would he use to 'overcompensate' with? His arms? That would make his bat faster if he took his legs out of it and just used arms. No power, but faster. How tired were his legs to start the season when he was fresh but still striking out at an insane rate.

Now I agree injuries could cause you to 'overcompensate' or just compensate and put a hitch into your swing creating lesser contact rates.

Sorry, but just my opinion.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhh no. Tired legs in baseball decreases your power not your batters eye. what would he use to 'overcompensate' with? His arms? That would make his bat faster if he took his legs out of it and just used arms. No power, but faster. How tired were his legs to start the season when he was fresh but still striking out at an insane rate.

Now I agree injuries could cause you to 'overcompensate' or just compensate and put a hitch into your swing creating lesser contact rates.

There are two types of swings linear and rotational. The latter being the most used by players in high school, college and pro ball. Now the biggest component to this swing is to rotate your hips and core through the zone while the bat follows. Now when you have tired legs that can cause some big issues mechanically, which in turns can cause you to completely miss otherwise very hittable pitches.

Now this is first hand knowledge from when I played in high school.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You use your whole body to hit. Maybe it's not so much overcompensating, if your legs are tired and/or sore it can throw your swing off, which would make it more difficult to make contact.

It's still a bullshit excuse for a major league catcher.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have tried to be a Rodney defender but he is making it hard. I guess at least he isn't walking guys.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You use your whole body to hit. Maybe it's not so much overcompensating, if your legs are tired and/or sore it can throw your swing off, which would make it more difficult to make contact.

It's still a bullshit excuse for a major league catcher.

Nobodies legs are so tired that it takes away their swing (and he never had one to start with). If it was that bad he would be D.L.'ed.

I guess guys like Johnny Bench, Yogi Berra, Mauer (.328 hitter as a catcher in career), Piazza (.313 career), Rodriguez (2749 career hits as catcher), and so on. All players wear down and legs get tired yet some hitter actually hit better in the 2nd half of the season. If you want to go with things that make you compensate for your swing, you can go 1- A cold day 2- A off-speed pitcher 3- Shadows 4- An extreme fastball pitcher 5- The squirts...and so on. Players never have the same swing throughout the year and they are always compensating.

There is too man excuses on why this or that, but evidence shows as the year goes on half the hitters get better and half get worse.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Johns ‏@GregJohnsMLB 9m9 minutes ago

McClendon not fretting about Fernando Rodney's shaky saves. "I don't care about ERA. Just close the games out." http://gregjohns.mlblogs.com
Lloyd is infuriating! Confidence is low with a three run lead, what about when it's a one run lead? He's guaranteed to give up at least one run every outing, that's not a closer. For a team that is scraping to get wins right now, we can't afford to blow games that we should win in the ninth. Lloyds decision to keep running Rodney out there is just one of many issues I have with his coaching right now.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zunino doing his Ackley impression lately and watching strike 3 fly past without swinging.