• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mr. Robot

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...

Were we not supposed to know who the guy at the end was before the clue? Why cast a relatively known actor for the part if you expect the audience not to recognize him?

That is two "big" reveals on the show now that they basically assumed the viewers are complete morons.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

The big scene was quite graphic, though. It reminded me a LOT of Budd Dwyer (google him if you are not aware of who he is).

Anyone else think the "Ashley Madison" drop was out of place? It had the feel of a last second add, just to make it seem more "now". The camera was not even on him during that entire line, so it definitly added late.

If they added that late, they could have cut the suicide scene too. I just figure the e corp guy is calm because Tyrell is with him and there is an alliance with China. bit really, all this missing time, Elliot asleep in Tyrells car for days, this just became all about Tyrell and not about Elliot anymore. Its also not making sense that everybody lost all their debt, companies are falling, but people are still working? How are they being paid?

I dont know man, it reminds me of that Air Force One movie with Harrison Ford where the middle eastern hijackers are threatening to crash an airplane 10 years before 9/11.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they added that late, they could have cut the suicide scene too. I just figure the e corp guy is calm because Tyrell is with him and there is an alliance with China. bit really, all this missing time, Elliot asleep in Tyrells car for days, this just became all about Tyrell and not about Elliot anymore. Its also not making sense that everybody lost all their debt, companies are falling, but people are still working? How are they being paid?

I dont know man, it reminds me of that Air Force One movie with Harrison Ford where the middle eastern hijackers are threatening to crash an airplane 10 years before 9/11.
He was not literally asleep. Robot took over.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am the only one that is not ahead of each move with this show then. Is Tyrell an actual person or did his woman talking to Elliot in their language mean he is also a part of robot?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am the only one that is not ahead of each move with this show then. Is Tyrell an actual person or did his woman talking to Elliot in their language mean he is also a part of robot?
This general thought crossed my mind as well during this episode, but about Tyrell, not his wife.

Is it possible that Tyrell is just an Elliott-Alt as well?

I dont think this one works as-is, but with a little work by the writers, they may be able to pull it off.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

The big scene was quite graphic, though. It reminded me a LOT of Budd Dwyer (google him if you are not aware of who he is).

Anyone else think the "Ashley Madison" drop was out of place? It had the feel of a last second add, just to make it seem more "now". The camera was not even on him during that entire line, so it definitly added late.

That had to have been added. The show was filmed months ago so the odds of them saying that coinciding with real world events have to be in the millions to one range if not higher. I'll have to watch again but now that I'm thinking about it, I think that specific dialogue is just heard with the camera focusing elsewhere, you don't see the speaker's mouth moving, so that would definitely lend credence to it being added.

Eh, they're toying with it. But I think its deliberate to make you question what is and isn't real. Elliot is nuts afterall. But I think Tyrell is real. It just seems like they would have to do a lot of messy hoop jumping if it turns out Tyrell is Elliot also. I just remember there being quite a few scenes where Tyrell interacts with other people where it would seem like a big stretch for it to be one of Elliot's personalities. It just seems like a big stretch, especially considering they really didn't hide who Mr. Robot was all that well so why would this be so much more different? (though that could be the point) Maybe go back and rewatch the older episodes to look for more concrete clues.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That had to have been added. The show was filmed months ago so the odds of them saying that coinciding with real world events have to be in the millions to one range if not higher. I'll have to watch again but now that I'm thinking about it, I think that specific dialogue is just heard with the camera focusing elsewhere, you don't see the speaker's mouth moving, so that would definitely lend credence to it being added.

Eh, they're toying with it. But I think its deliberate to make you question what is and isn't real. Elliot is nuts afterall. But I think Tyrell is real. It just seems like they would have to do a lot of messy hoop jumping if it turns out Tyrell is Elliot also. I just remember there being quite a few scenes where Tyrell interacts with other people where it would seem like a big stretch for it to be one of Elliot's personalities. It just seems like a big stretch, especially considering they really didn't hide who Mr. Robot was all that well so why would this be so much more different? (though that could be the point) Maybe go back and rewatch the older episodes to look for more concrete clues.
Tyrell being Elliot does not work. When he went to E-Corp's office and asked to see Tyrell, Tyrell's secretary asked who he was and said that Tyrell was not in. She would have reacted completely differently if he was actually Tyrell himself.

The scene with the wife, however, I think, could be in an Elliot/Tyrell universe, assuming she knew about his multiple personalities.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrell being Elliot does not work. When he went to E-Corp's office and asked to see Tyrell, Tyrell's secretary asked who he was and said that Tyrell was not in. She would have reacted completely differently if he was actually Tyrell himself.

The scene with the wife, however, I think, could be in an Elliot/Tyrell universe, assuming she knew about his multiple personalities.

Yeah, its stuff like that why I think there's just too many loopholes for Tyrell to be Elliot. Esmail obviously crafts his show down to the smallest detail and wouldn't leave scenes like the secretary just dangling out there. Plus, didn't Elliot's crew overhear part of the Elliot/Tyrell conversation at Steel Mountain? Kinda hard to hear two voices if its the same person

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was the pace though. The secretary looked at him, and it took a second to say Tyrell does not work here any more, went to ask questions of how he knew him. It was not that far off from the pauses in the questions with the wife.

I dont know, I guess they are just to the point of questioning everything now, I think thats what they are looking for. It just seems so obvious for some of you. I wonder if its even as much fun knowing the answers.

Yeah, its stuff like that why I think there's just too many loopholes for Tyrell to be Elliot. Esmail obviously crafts his show down to the smallest detail and wouldn't leave scenes like the secretary just dangling out there. Plus, didn't Elliot's crew overhear part of the Elliot/Tyrell conversation at Steel Mountain? Kinda hard to hear two voices if its the same person

I have to rewatch, didnt they go to a lower level and lose all communications?

See, to me, Slater is the side of him that looks like a goof and under achiever, where Tyrell looks like the man Elliot should be with his expertise. Thats why it makes more sense that it could still be him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wonder if Elliott is master-hacker as well (BD Wong). That character has not been on screen nearly enough to really have this debate yet, but it is certainly possible right now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrell = Elliott would need some pretty serious explanations, though. The boss at the security company (Elliott's boss) had quite a bit of interaction with Tyrell.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also wonder if Elliott is master-hacker as well (BD Wong). That character has not been on screen nearly enough to really have this debate yet, but it is certainly possible right now.

White Rose? No way. That would make like half of season 1's plot line about Darlene needing to get in with that other group a total waste of time.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recommended?

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was on again last night after RAW. Tried to really pay attention to the wife, but the whole conversation was even more delayed than I thought. I guess her just talking that language to him was more to see if he was an acceptable replacement for Tyrell. I guess seeing the video from the sunglasses flash drive was odd since we saw both sides of Elliot alone with his father in that internet cafe place, then falling off the pier, but then another shot could have been of him watching himself on the video. Guess its odd he just disappeared.