• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Underachieving Football Program In The Nation?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers - One of the first two football teams. Located a short drive away from the most populous metropolis in the nation.

Hawaii - It is freakin Hawaii! How can they not get football players to come there.

Do they even play football though. All you ever hear about are basketball players from that area, and in ages past, baseball players.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love how much everyone hates texas......bunch of jealous fans......how is winning 10 games a year and going to 2 NC games (and could have easily been to a 3rd) underachieving recently......so every time a team has 2 bad seasons they are garbage

man nebraska,a&m,ou,georgia,ND,fsu all are a bunch of underachievers (way more than texas)......if winning was easy it would take the joy out of it :D

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hatred on my part......just facts 'nsich.

Texas is loaded with 4-5 star athletes every year........should be winnin'

so you are a rankings slave........i prefer to watch the players and see if they can play instead of assuming they can play because they were ranked high while they played high school ball

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5

1. Texas - They are the premier University in that state, they are probably the richest college in the nation, but they have 1 BCS title...They should never suck.

2. USC - Some might disagree with this, but what really has USC done? Besides dominate a very weak Pac 10...I can't think of anything. And like Texas, they are the premier University in one of the top recruiting states in the country.

3. FSU - One of the 3 big time colleges in the state of Florida, they have performed horribly despite being in..imo...the most talented state in the nation. Not all of those guys are going to UF.

4. UGA - Another team in a great recruiting state. They've had NFL caliber QB's, running backs, offensive lines, WR's, TE's.....but they haven't done squat.

5. Miami - See #3

Currently, this is a good list. I disagree with your statement about USC not doing anything though. They beat OU's ass pretty good in 04 and that was a pretty damn good OU team. Their problem was underachieving in stupid games they should have one and yes they got busted for players cheating.

love how much everyone hates texas......bunch of jealous fans......how is winning 10 games a year and going to 2 NC games (and could have easily been to a 3rd) underachieving recently......so every time a team has 2 bad seasons they are garbage

man nebraska,a&m,ou,georgia,ND,fsu all are a bunch of underachievers (way more than texas)......if winning was easy it would take the joy out of it :D

The hatred for Texas by everyone is awesome :D

i for one dont think we have near the talent everyone thinks we have

Whatever. Texas had a nice run but the last 2 years have been shit and average and year 3 is shaping up to be average as well. Whatever Mack had, he's lost it.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently, this is a good list. I disagree with your statement about USC not doing anything though. They beat OU's ass pretty good in 04 and that was a pretty damn good OU team. Their problem was underachieving in stupid games they should have one and yes they got busted for players cheating.

Whatever. Texas had a nice run but the last 2 years have been shit and average and year 3 is shaping up to be average as well. Whatever Mack had, he's lost it.

thats the point though isnt it......people are only caring about the last 2 years with texas and forgetting what happened before......texas has been to a NC game more recently than OU so by the standards people are going by here (NC contenders or you are underachieving) then ou,fsu,florida,etc. etc. have been underachieving more than texas

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats the point though isnt it......people are only caring about the last 2 years with texas and forgetting what happened before......texas has been to a NC game more recently than OU so by the standards people are going by here (NC contenders or you are underachieving) then ou,fsu,florida,etc. etc. have been underachieving more than texas

Come on man.

This is the 16th year of the BIG TWELVE and Texas has 3 conference titles.

I would say thats why you are underachieving. If you think its about 10 win seasons then my mistake, Texas is doing great by your standards and should go independent so they can enjoy endless 10 win seasons and not have the pressure of winning the conference.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how many does everyone else have????

ou is the only one with more,congrats .......texas got upset in a championship game and one year year when we beat you we let you pass us and then we all no what happened in 2008

but lets not pretend that if things would have worked perfectly and texas didnt let some games slip away they would have 2/3 more,but that is sports.......and far from underachieving as yall seem to believe........any school would take 2(coulda been 3) NC game appearances in a 7 year span

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how many does everyone else have????

ou is the only one with more,congrats .......texas got upset in a championship game and one year year when we beat you we let you pass us and then we all no what happened in 2008

but lets not pretend that if things would have worked perfectly and texas didnt let some games slip away they would have 2/3 more,but that is sports.......and far from underachieving as yall seem to believe........any school would take 2(coulda been 3) NC game appearances in a 7 year span

Well we really need to narrow it down to how long Texas had underachieved.

Some like to keep it recent. I'm fine with that. 5 years? 10? 15? Why not 16 years. Thats how long they've been in the conference. Perhaps we should go with 14 years the tenure of the current head coach. I'm sure we each have an opinion on who is underachieving now, then or way back when.

Texas right now is underachieving. Brown and Applewhite are getting beat like they did in 2000, its regression. Doesn't look good for the Horns unless they make a change at the top.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I noticed you said GOING to 2 NC games...