• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Underachieving Football Program In The Nation?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm really not trying to put an perfect time stamp on it. Just showing examples.

For example.

The last sixteen years Texas was in the SWC. They won 3 conf titles.
The first sixteen years Texas has been in the BIG XII. They have won 3 conf titles.

Coincedently While OU has taken 7 of the last 16 in the BIG XII, Texas A&M took 7 of the last 16 while in the SWC.

How would Texas fans expect to compete for a national championship when they so rarely compete for the conference championship?

Yes, Texas is the richest athletic program in the nation and Texas proves that money doesn't buy championships however, I feel that Auburn fans would say otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
love how much everyone hates texas......bunch of jealous fans......how is winning 10 games a year and going to 2 NC games (and could have easily been to a 3rd) underachieving recently......so every time a team has 2 bad seasons they are garbage

man nebraska,a&m,ou,georgia,ND,fsu all are a bunch of underachievers (way more than texas)......if winning was easy it would take the joy out of it :D

If you look at "All time" you would see how far off base you are here. The state of texas has 2 or three metro areas that have a higher population than the entire state of Nebraska. The fact the NU has ANY natty's at all is fairly impressive.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at "All time" you would see how far off base you are here. The state of texas has 2 or three metro areas that have a higher population than the entire state of Nebraska. The fact the NU has ANY natty's at all is fairly impressive.

was implying how ridiculous it was to say texas is the most underachieving program....not that nebraska is underachieving,but based on some peoples argument nebraska is underachieving (when you have a top name program you have to win every other year)

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop arguing bone. I learnt a long time ago that haters are gonna hate. And a WHOOOOOOOLE lotta people hate Texas.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm really not trying to put an perfect time stamp on it. Just showing examples.

For example.

The last sixteen years Texas was in the SWC. They won 3 conf titles.
The first sixteen years Texas has been in the BIG XII. They have won 3 conf titles.

Coincedently While OU has taken 7 of the last 16 in the BIG XII, Texas A&M took 7 of the last 16 while in the SWC.

How would Texas fans expect to compete for a national championship when they so rarely compete for the conference championship?

Yes, Texas is the richest athletic program in the nation and Texas proves that money doesn't buy championships however, I feel that Auburn fans would say otherwise.

Oh Mark you're such a hater. You're Hatey Haterson drinking Haterade in the Haterhouse on Hatember Hateteenth which is a Hateurday.