• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most loyal fanbases

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had offers to leave for more money and warmer weather :noidea:

Think about it: Solich was fired and he took NU to the BCS title game. Pelini has been a perennial loser since day 1 and hates the Nebraska fan base and gets to keep his job.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about it: Solich was fired and he took NU to the BCS title game. Pelini has been a perennial loser since day 1 and hates the Nebraska fan base and gets to keep his job.

Kinda hard to call one of the winningest coaches over the past 5 seasons a "loser"

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you should know a little bit about Nebraska's history before talking about it.

Nebraska had one of the worst Athletic Directors in the history of sports at the time that Solich was fired. Everyone knew he shouldn't have been fired. That same AD also hired Bill Callahan.

Tom Osborne was too smart to fire Bo Pelini after posting 10 wins a season. There would be quite a bit of backlash to making that kind of a firing.

Despite popular belief, Bo is not even on the hot seat.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you should know a little bit about Nebraska's history before talking about it.

Nebraska had one of the worst Athletic Directors in the history of sports at the time that Solich was fired. Everyone knew he shouldn't have been fired. That same AD also hired Bill Callahan.

Tom Osborne was too smart to fire Bo Pelini after posting 10 wins a season. There would be quite a bit of backlash to making that kind of a firing.

Despite popular belief, Bo is not even on the hot seat.

0 conference titles, 0 major bowl games, 0 NC's, loses 4 games a year and tells the NU fanbase to fuck off...........My how the expectations have gone to shit in Lincoln :L

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had offers to leave for more money and warmer weather :noidea:

Link?

I don't believe that. I think his agent shops him out when big jobs open, and when he gets no takers, Bo says he had no interest in it.

Bo's just not a good enough X's and O's coach to get paid more at a lateral blueblood.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo went off on the Nebraska fans because he thought he was a shoe for the Ohio St job. He had just beaten Ohio St in Lincoln.

He went off again last year after Iowa because he thought he was going to get fired.

Bo likes to burn bridges and that will keep him from ever getting a better lateral move. He's played his hand.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo had the Arkansas job.

He just turned it down. I am your link.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo had the Arkansas job.

He just turned it down. I am your link.

BS... Arky saw 70-31 and said GTFO.

Bo's chances of getting another lateral job has only gone down from there. There's no jobs out there that'll pay him more at this point.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo was offered the Arkansas job before the Championship debacle.

I know this for a 100% fact. He turned it down and Fatso was next on the list.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, it's all history now.

Huskers can't lose 4 games this season.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS... Arky saw 70-31 and said GTFO.

Bo's chances of getting another lateral job has only gone down from there. There's no jobs out there that'll pay him more at this point.

Here's a link from a news source: Bo Pelini shoots down Arkansas talk - NCF Nation Blog - ESPN

I'm sure you will find a way to discredit it, but I want to see a counter link if you do. Bo is the one that turned down Arkansas. Bo also turned down Ohio State. He likes it in Lincoln.

So, other programs have been interested in them, he just hasn't been interested in other programs.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty un classy of a thing to do fur the supposed classiest fan base

Well I don't claim that we are the classiest.

We just are loyal as hell.

Most of us are pretty damn classy. If you come to our town and beat us by 50 points I'll still buy you 5 beers downtown. But there are some real shitty Nebraska fans. Most of them are about 20 years old.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The president of the school , the head coach, every one else on the staff who knew he was a creep and they still let him roam the halls and showers. Yeah they had nothing to do with it.

What part of team is that again? I see staff members and University officials but no mention of a single player.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up a good point about fan support. But how often has Nebraska been the underdog to a mid major or FCS opponent? How many "rivalries" has Nebraska won 10% at best? Bu

A lot of Nebraska fans didn't even claim to be Nebraska fans when it came to basketball when I first went out there. Some went as far as to say they were/are Kansas fans. Others are Creighton fans to keep it in-state.

About the state population and split Nebraska loyalty, yes it can. Nebraska gets a lot of fans from Iowa's western part. It's closer to Lincoln out there than it is to Ames. I didn't realize that until I went to York. I think a new football program comes in and looks super impressive when UNL struggles, I bet fan support would shift.

And I am only talking about major sports.
-------
Loyalty can and does go beyond selling out every home game. By and large every away game Nebraska sells out it's allotment of tickets as well. Bowl games? Nebraska hasn't had a really good team during the Pelini era so far. Many (no all) of the bowl games we've been invited to weren't based on the qulity of our team BUT on the loyalty of the fans who'll travel.

Now I will agree with you on state population and loyalty--to an extent. Nebraska fans in just about every major TV market in the country have been regularly getting together in clubs/bars to watch the Huskers on TCV and this was happening long before we joined the B1G. That's loyalty and in greater numbers than you might think.

GBR

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1. TAMU. Throw themselves parades for finishing 3rd then 4th in SEC West, beating only one even decent team in SEC play in two years.

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Georgia fan I've met has been extremely loyal, so I'm happy to see us so high.

I also agree about South Carolina. Those fans are something else man