• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most loyal fanbases

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% chance if Nebraska wasn't on that list....or for that matter.... wasn't #1 on that list that this thread would have never been created. I saw the OP's name under the post and I knew who was going to be #1 before i even opened it. If you can't see that shit, the other lists of similar fashion, the AA will win the heisman, the Nebraska will win a MNC next year, and the various other "hey look at our bowl streak, the 95 team, and our sellout records" thread jacks......for what they are......then you are just as jaded as some others and there is no point in explaining myself. Except the truth, hope for change, and be men about it. Hell that's what i'm doing with VT. :thumb:

Hey, I fully agree their are plenty of stupid fucking threads about Nebraska. Those are from a couple of dipshit Husker posters on this site.

If you've ever read any or some of most posts on here, you'll know I'm as critical as anybody about how shitty our team has been the last decade. Embarrassingly shitty.

But if you're going to come in and shit all over my team and program completely unprovoked I will stick up for my team and program. I didn't see anything the OP posted that would be all that 'Nebraska-ish'. He posted a nice list that gave us props, but he also listed the top 15 while giving cheers to all the members of the list. I don't see anything wrong with that.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sm guessing these are most loyal fans in other leagues

MLB - Yankees
NBA - Heat
CBK - Kansas
NFL - SEA

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put South Carolina at number 2 those guys support their team as hard as anyone regardless of how they do.

Funny , I was going to say that. Some of the schools on this list do not even sell out their home games. If the team is bad, they definitely don't. That is why South Carolina should be #1. They sold out their stadium when they sucked. That is loyal. I would put those crazy tortilla throwing Techies on the list also.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP posted an article. Gave Cheers to all who made the list. Didn't brag, didn't say anything derogative towards anybody.

Yet, here you come in guns 'ablazing to shit all over Nebraska.

Where did the OP ever imply that the list was all about Nebraska? Nowhere. Give it a fucking rest.
Where? He posted the list and that was all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska needs to get back into championship form or Nebraska will soon not be on this list.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't been in championship form in a very long time but keep selling out and showing up. That's exactly why they belong on the list.

Have you ever been to Nebraska? There's nothing to do there, especially once it gets cold outside. There is also 1 D1 football program in Nebraska. It is so easy for those Husker fans to be loyal to Nebraska.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever been to Nebraska? There's nothing to do there, especially once it gets cold outside. There is also 1 D1 football program in Nebraska. It is so easy for those Husker fans to be loyal to Nebraska.

You're right. Once it gets cold in Nebraska we drink and screw fat chicks.

When it gets cold in Iowa, you put on singlets and wrestle with other men.

The awesomeness of Iowa knows no bounds.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more of a bandwagon list than a loyal list.

I will say fans of programs that have no

great traditions
Heisman winners
NCs
top recruiting classes
winning seasons

Are the most loyal fanbases. It is easy to root for teams with 10+ wins every season. It's easy to root for teams with great traditions. It's easy to root for teams that are the only major conference team in the state. etc.

I would put fanbases of Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Cal, Wake Forest, etc above any of those teams on that list.
-------
And therein lies your fallacy. Ten plus win seasons makes for loyal fans? That's why Nebraska leads the pack because it's been a while that we've seen consistent 10 win seasons and still sell out every game every year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't been in championship form in a very long time but keep selling out and showing up. That's exactly why they belong on the list.

Yah, but how long is too long?

If Nebraska does win it they will think they are the greatest team ever, I can already see it. :laugh3:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, no Minnesota?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
And therein lies your fallacy. Ten plus win seasons makes for loyal fans? That's why Nebraska leads the pack because it's been a while that we've seen consistent 10 win seasons and still sell out every game every year.

IMO, calling Nebraska fans the most loyal fans is the same as calling Yankees fans the most loyal in MLB. There's not a lot of effort in cheering for them. There is not really any embarrassment in being their fan.

In football, Nebraska fans are loyal. I will admit that. Would I say they are the most loyal? No. They haven't ever been disappointed to the level that Iowa State. An 8-win season would be horrible for Nebraska. They fired coaches for better records. Iowa State fans would wonder why they are not ranked in the top 25 with an 8-win season. They rarely see it. Fans that claim to be fans of those programs are the most loyal.

If Nebraska has had another major conference team in their state, their fan base would be just as split as it is in basketball. I believe that UNL had a hand in getting rid of football at UNO. I don't have proof, it's just my belief. UNO goes up to D1, UNL doesn't like sharing the D1 spot in football.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, but how long is too long?

If Nebraska does win it they will think they are the greatest team ever, I can already see it. :laugh3:

I'd just like to beat a team with a pulse. Been a long time since that happened.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, calling Nebraska fans the most loyal fans is the same as calling Yankees fans the most loyal in MLB. There's not a lot of effort in cheering for them. There is not really any embarrassment in being their fan.

In football, Nebraska fans are loyal. I will admit that. Would I say they are the most loyal? No. They haven't ever been disappointed to the level that Iowa State. An 8-win season would be horrible for Nebraska. They fired coaches for better records. Iowa State fans would wonder why they are not ranked in the top 25 with an 8-win season. They rarely see it. Fans that claim to be fans of those programs are the most loyal.

If Nebraska has had another major conference team in their state, their fan base would be just as split as it is in basketball. I believe that UNL had a hand in getting rid of football at UNO. I don't have proof, it's just my belief. UNO goes up to D1, UNL doesn't like sharing the D1 spot in football.

The size and hurt of your vagina is off the charts.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Nebraska has had another major conference team in their state, their fan base would be just as split as it is in basketball. I believe that UNL had a hand in getting rid of football at UNO. I don't have proof, it's -
just my belief. UNO goes up to D1, UNL doesn't like sharing the D1 spot in football.
-------
So you're saying losing makes for loyal fans? Has ISU ever had a string of sold out games much less a sold out seasons? Loyalty to me means fan support through thick or thin. UNO dropped football in favor of hockey. This state--population wise isn't big enough to split Nebraska loyalty. Even if it were, due to the longevity of the popularity of the UNL football team, I doubt another school could match it in the state. We do have two fan bases--Creighton/UNL that have rivalries in baseball & basketball but again that's a big school vs. a smaller one and even then both teams have crossover fans so the loyalty issue isn't split.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The size and hurt of your vagina is off the charts.

Just saying, it can't take too much effort to be loyal with the Huskers. Same with those other prestigious or traditional teams that are on that list. I give the fans of those programs where you really have to give effort in being their fans a lot more credit.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
So you're saying losing makes for loyal fans? Has ISU ever had a string of sold out games much less a sold out seasons? Loyalty to me means fan support through thick or thin. UNO dropped football in favor of hockey. This state--population wise isn't big enough to split Nebraska loyalty. Even if it were, due to the longevity of the popularity of the UNL football team, I doubt another school could match it in the state. We do have two fan bases--Creighton/UNL that have rivalries in baseball & basketball but again that's a big school vs. a smaller one and even then both teams have crossover fans so the loyalty issue isn't split.

You bring up a good point about fan support. But how often has Nebraska been the underdog to a mid major or FCS opponent? How many "rivalries" has Nebraska won 10% at best? Bu

A lot of Nebraska fans didn't even claim to be Nebraska fans when it came to basketball when I first went out there. Some went as far as to say they were/are Kansas fans. Others are Creighton fans to keep it in-state.

About the state population and split Nebraska loyalty, yes it can. Nebraska gets a lot of fans from Iowa's western part. It's closer to Lincoln out there than it is to Ames. I didn't realize that until I went to York. I think a new football program comes in and looks super impressive when UNL struggles, I bet fan support would shift.

And I am only talking about major sports.