• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MOST AT STAKE IN 2023

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RODGERS=IF HE DOES BECOME A JET
JIMMYG=MOVING ON FROM THAT SF D
CARR=MOVING ON FROM RAIDERS
BAKER=GETTING ANOTHER CHANCE

All of them have something to prove

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gotta throw in Jordan Love. All eyes are going to focus on him being able to pick up with Rodgers left off. He'll obviously not want to be the first Packers QB in over 30 years who fails as the team's offensive leader. To me, that's a ton of pressure.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is on the hot seat, I'm guessing.

Browns would be my first pick. Watson and all that guaranteed baggage. Jets and Raiders seem like the top of the list as they're both making major roster changes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carr has to prove he can be a franchise QB.

Rodgers proving he's still elite, Baker proving he deserves future nfl starts, jimmy g proving he can win anywhere, are not as drastic or meaningful compared to Carr's chance.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta throw in Jordan Love. All eyes are going to focus on him being able to pick up with Rodgers left off. He'll obviously not want to be the first Packers QB in over 30 years who fails as the team's offensive leader. To me, that's a ton of pressure.
I think this is what I would go with too. I think the Jets will have some very expensive "buyers remorse" but Love has some big shoes to fill. Carr, obviously will have to show something but it's the NFCS so meh. JimmyG is going to be in a tough spot but McHoody is a joke so that likely turns into a dumpster fire anyway. As for Baker, this is going to be the rest of his career, imo. Mid price place holder.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's already been crowned a good QB without proving it. That's a big mistake and unfair to him.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can throw him in the discussion, but I do not think Love will have any where near the pressure Rodgers will have if he goes to Jets.

- Rodgers went 6-10 in his first season as starter for the Packers after Favre
- No one is expecting much of the Packers this year presently
- Jets with Rodgers will be expected to make the playoffs... Rodgers is the missing piece at QB
- No one... at least that I know of is expecting Love to be the next Rodgers and pick up where he left off

For me of the QBs listed by OP it is Rodgers easily with the most pressure as the Jets probably will have the highest expectations of any of those teams.

Love´s pressure will be to show that he can lead the team, that he is progressing and that he can be a NFL quarterback... no different from most QBs that become a starter.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can throw him in the discussion, but I do not think Love will have any where near the pressure Rodgers will have if he goes to Jets.

- Rodgers went 6-10 in his first season as starter for the Packers after Favre
- No one is expecting much of the Packers this year presently
- Jets with Rodgers will be expected to make the playoffs... Rodgers is the missing piece at QB
- No one... at least that I know of is expecting Love to be the next Rodgers and pick up where he left off

For me of the QBs listed by OP it is Rodgers easily with the most pressure as the Jets probably will have the highest expectations of any of those teams.

Love´s pressure will be to show that he can lead the team, that he is progressing and that he can be a NFL quarterback... no different from most QBs that become a starter.
Altho I see your point, which is well detailed, here's why I disagree. Rodgers is an 18 year veteran, a 4 time MVP, a SB winner, and perhaps most important of all, the recipient of an already guaranteed monster income this year. Taken all that along with his fairly arrogant demeanor as it is, I honestly don't think he'll give a shit about how he performs or is perceived by the media when it comes to the pressure of winning anything with the Jets.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I see your point, which is well detailed, here's why I disagree. Rodgers is an 18 year veteran, a 4 time MVP, a SB winner, and perhaps most important of all, the recipient of an already guaranteed monster income this year. Taken all that along with his fairly arrogant demeanor as it is, I honestly don't think he'll give a shit about how he performs or is perceived by the media when it comes to the pressure of winning anything with the Jets.
Maybe he retires.
Pissed... going Ricky William's way.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It’s going to be hard for Jimmy to move on from that sweet San Francisco D.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff and Lawrence too. They closed last season in good fashion. Pressure to prove last season was not a fluke.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the shorter list might be the ones with little pressure to be successful (least at stake)

Mahomes
Burrow

who else?

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, I was replying to your "that's a ton of pressure."

Rodgers if he goes to the Jets is going to the biggest media market for a team that they are saying is missing a QB to be a contender... that will be a lot of outside pressure. Rodgers is arrogant, pridefule and IMO sensitive to what others think... if Jets do not play well and Rodgers is part of that, I definitely think he will feel the pressure.

If go back to the original OP question, "Most at stake in 2023" I could agree Love has a bit more at stake.. he is in 4th year of his contract with 5th year option for 2024 and playing for his next contract. He has the same coaches and system for 3 years now so there is some comfort in that... there are no high expectations for the Packers this year, so less pressure.. . he will only be playing for his next contract and showing he can lead this team like most rookies trying to hit a big payday.

Fields may have more pressure and at stake than Love IMO. He has been the starter a couple of years now and Bears finally surrounding him with more talent on offense and their will be an expectation to improve and also get that next big payday.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, I was replying to your "that's a ton of pressure."

Rodgers if he goes to the Jets is going to the biggest media market for a team that they are saying is missing a QB to be a contender... that will be a lot of outside pressure. Rodgers is arrogant, pridefule and IMO sensitive to what others think... if Jets do not play well and Rodgers is part of that, I definitely think he will feel the pressure.

If go back to the original OP question, "Most at stake in 2023" I could agree Love has a bit more at stake.. he is in 4th year of his contract with 5th year option for 2024 and playing for his next contract. He has the same coaches and system for 3 years now so there is some comfort in that... there are no high expectations for the Packers this year, so less pressure.. . he will only be playing for his next contract and showing he can lead this team like most rookies trying to hit a big payday.

Fields may have more pressure and at stake than Love IMO. He has been the starter a couple of years now and Bears finally surrounding him with more talent on offense and their will be an expectation to improve and also get that next big payday.
Good point. At stake and under pressure are not the same thing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever is on the hot seat, I'm guessing.

Browns would be my first pick. Watson and all that guaranteed baggage. Jets and Raiders seem like the top of the list as they're both making major roster changes.
Yeah with all the shit the Browns got for giving Watson that contract…it has to be Watson. A lot of pressure on him even at his age…a lot of pressure on CLE in general.

Rodgers won a SB. He is 1st ballot guy no matter what.

The rest of those options are just middle of the road QB’s. If JimmyG proves he can’t win with a worse team who really cares.

I think the QB set up for the most success other than Rodgers on that list is Derek Carr but if he wins a SB, he isn’t going to suddenly be a borderline HOF, this isn’t Matt Stafford.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a valid argument. Just about all of Bears nation feel this is JF's make or break year....to a point. By that I mean he could play just well enough to merit sticking with the team another year, but perhaps without an extension. For him to get one of those insane mega contracts that QBs are getting these days, he would have to prove he's a true franchise QB. So I can see where the pressure for that would come from.