• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

more franchise qb stuff

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But for the record @Stymietee I'd rather have Rodgers for free next year than give up picks for Watson. I just don't see Rodgers choosing Washington though.
OK, I'd rather have the better QB going forward and that's Watson. Rodgers has peaked, he still a top flight QB, but Watson at the same age is better and he's yet to peak. 10 years > 3 or 4.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's how the deal would work and top those three firsts that Philly have.

First in '22 and '23

3rd in 2023, and 2024

Matt Ioannidis or Daron Payne not both (They had the worse run stopping defense )

Brandon Scherff with Washington paying this years salary.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First in '22 and '23

3rd in 2023, and 2024

Matt Ioannidis or Daron Payne not both (They had the worse run stopping defense )

No thank you. Watson may be done in the league.

If you trade for Watson, the picks have to be conditional.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this year tells us if we need to go all out for Watson/A.Rodgers OR if we can roll with Taylor H and simply draft and groom his competition.
Watson here just feels wrong, like Haynsworth

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First in '22 and '23

3rd in 2023, and 2024

No way I make that trade until his off field issues are adjudicated . And he has to be clear cut innocent no technicallality BS.

I am not willing to say he is guilty , he deserves due process but that is a huge investment in a guy who could be suspended for a year or more

lastly the optics of this move would be horrible after all the sex abuse going on with this franchise for 20 yrs . He has to be clear cut innocent

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First in '22 and '23

3rd in 2023, and 2024

If his cases are settled and behind him, I'd do that in a minute!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I make that trade until his off field issues are adjudicated . And he has to be clear cut innocent no technicallality BS.

I am not willing to say he is guilty , he deserves due process but that is a huge investment in a guy who could be suspended for a year or more

lastly the optics of this move would be horrible after all the sex abuse going on with this franchise for 20 yrs . He has to be clear cut innocent
Then it's more of the same, we have a 2-3 year window with this defense, and as it stands now this season will be a waste (SB is always the goal). A trade next year for your standard type QB gives you a slightly better than even chance to get to the big dance. A rookie next year is asking too much. I can't remember the last time that a rookie QB led his team to the big dance. This team as it stands right now is at best a 5 win team, considering the competition. With a guy like Watson they would be favorites to get there this year. (He's not going to be on the commissioners exempt list, there aren't going to be suspensions this year and all that he's facing are CIVIL suits. NOT criminal charges)

So, why is the time to strike now?

1. Philly seems determined to give Hurts a chance, if he shows them something those 3 firsts will be used to build the team. Same thing with TUA.

2. Denver, can't match what we offer in players and draft capital, They are ready to win now but giving them anything close to to our offer hurts them in that goal.

3. Watson will play this year, deal with his issues next, after playing for that Lombardi.

4. Fearlessness

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then it's more of the same, we have a 2-3 year window with this defense, and as it stands now this season will be a waste (SB is always the goal). A trade next year for your standard type QB gives you a slightly better than even chance to get to the big dance. A rookie next year is asking too much. I can't remember the last time that a rookie QB led his team to the big dance. This team as it stands right now is at best a 5 win team, considering the competition. With a guy like Watson they would be favorites to get there this year. (He's not going to be on the commissioners exempt list, there aren't going to be suspensions this year and all that he's facing are CIVIL suits. NOT criminal charges)

So, why is the time to strike now?

1. Philly seems determined to give Hurts a chance, if he shows them something those 3 firsts will be used to build the team. Same thing with TUA.

2. Denver, can't match what we offer in players and draft capital, They are ready to win now but giving them anything close to to our offer hurts them in that goal.

3. Watson will play this year, deal with his issues next, after playing for that Lombardi.

4. Fearlessness
Not until it’s adjudicated

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not until it’s adjudicated
Correct, in CIVIL court!! After all of this time, there are zero criminal charges against him. The hold up is very peculiar in this respect. Mr. Watson refuses to include the standard NDA with respect to any settlements. He wants to tell his story and it appears that he believes in his innocence. In 99% of these cases the accused settles and the NDA are included. He's the holdup!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, in CIVIL court!! After all of this time, there are zero criminal charges against him. The hold up is very peculiar in this respect. Mr. Watson refuses to include the standard NDA with respect to any settlements. He wants to tell his story and it appears that he believes in his innocence. In 99% of these cases the accused settles and the NDA are included. He's the holdup!

once it’s adjudicated then we can make our moves

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then we look somewhere else
Exactly, That loser mentality!! Here's how it plays out. (Keep in mind that every year the goal is to win it all)

This year becomes a waste of a SB caliber defense.

Next year, you get a guy that nobody wants to pay for so it becomes a good QB like Jimmy G who will get you to the playoffs and then.... nada.

OR

You draft a rookie with your high draft pick after winning 5 games, and you're hoping that a rookie leads you to the promised land. I can't remember when or if that has ever been done.

So two seasons wasted and you're thinking about replacing your battered, aging, championship level talents because they aren't that any longer.

Now in his second season, your rookie is poised but you don't have the defense that you once did. Or you realize as his former team did that your traded for QB isn't the guy, and his ability is exactly why they traded him to you. Either way you're stuck.

... And you've done all of this instead of...

Winning while the time and your team was right.

Get Watson, today, you are a deep participant in the playoffs, perhaps a SB entrant.

Your gains outweigh your losses.

Perhaps he's in the league in future seasons, perhaps not. but I'd trade for the one time opportunity now instead of anything that was previously listed because of the loser mentality.

BTW: As an organization, they absolutely can't allow Philly to get him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, That loser mentality!! Here's how it plays out. (Keep in mind that every year the goal is to win it all)

This year becomes a waste of a SB caliber defense.

Next year, you get a guy that nobody wants to pay for so it becomes a good QB like Jimmy G who will get you to the playoffs and then.... nada.

OR

You draft a rookie with your high draft pick after winning 5 games, and you're hoping that a rookie leads you to the promised land. I can't remember when or if that has ever been done.

So two seasons wasted and you're thinking about replacing your battered, aging, championship level talents because they aren't that any longer.

Now in his second season, your rookie is poised but you don't have the defense that you once did. Or you realize as his former team did that your traded for QB isn't the guy, and his ability is exactly why they traded him to you. Either way you're stuck.

... And you've done all of this instead of...

Winning while the time and your team was right.

Get Watson, today, you are a deep participant in the playoffs, perhaps a SB entrant.

Your gains outweigh your losses.

Perhaps he's in the league in future seasons, perhaps not. but I'd trade for the one time opportunity now instead of anything that was previously listed because of the loser mentality.

BTW: As an organization, they absolutely can't allow Philly to get him.
or i look at AR , or fitz /carr are rypien williams kilmer or theisman . what if this guy watson is suspended for a yr . . big ben won a superbowl as a rookie

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or i look at AR , or fitz /carr are rypien williams kilmer or theisman . what if this guy watson is suspended for a yr . . big ben won a superbowl as a rookie
Already noted that suspension isn't coming this year. He won't be placed on the exempt list, there's no police action or criminal charges at this point. On what grounds would the NFL suspend him?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already noted that suspension isn't coming this year. He won't be placed on the exempt list, there's no police action or criminal charges at this point. On what grounds would the NFL suspend him?
their behavior policy . sorry he isnt out of the woods yet and again how does it look for the franchise if you are changing the culture and you bring in a guy like this with those accusations .

he reported to the texans anyway so we will see

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3