• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More crappy D from the "elite" Ws

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that "solid" gives Steph a bit too much credit. His offense is so big, though, he plays whether he can defend at all. Klay still loses focus - and his man - a bit too often. HB is young and prone to the same mistakes (though he possesses the physical attributes necessary to be "elite"). JO is certainly having a resurgence, but he isn't a top defender, and Bogut, despite his blocked shots, has deficiencies going against post-up big men with athleticism.

The D is still good enough to advance in the playoffs, and they should even improve a bit. But as constructed, they will never have a suffocating D capable of just beating the will out of any talented offense.

Bogut and iggy have been top notch defenders this year. Pretty much agree with the rest. Thompson and Barnes will get better. At there best I think they qualify as elite. And they certainly have the defensive talent. They have showed that they can shit down top offenses like clips, Portland and Houston

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bogut and iggy have been top notch defenders this year. Pretty much agree with the rest. Thompson and Barnes will get better. At there best I think they qualify as elite. And they certainly have the defensive talent. They have showed that they can shit down top offenses like clips, Portland and Houston

Wow. "They are elite because I think they are."

This post explains a lot about you Hanbombs. :doh:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a process. Bulls have there troubles and pacers are struggling right now

It is a process...one that the Ws are still in the middle of. Thus, inconsistent. Thus, NOT elite.

QED.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump. Are you ready to eat crow yet?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump. Are you ready to eat crow yet?

Nope. They've already lost the chance to get home court in the first round because of 10 bad losses this year. The elite teams have no more than 6. And defense was the reason they lost almost all of those 10 games.

They won't even catch Portland. That's what inconsistent defense will do to you.

Six seed. Clippers in the first round. If they win that series, then it's SAN or OKC in the second. If they can play D through two rounds of the playoffs, THEN I'll eat some crow.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More consistent than all the western conference teams..

Much like Foolish Nosense, you just suck at this whole internet thing.

I broke it down for you, you come back with "defensive efficiency." One stat.

They are NOT "more consistent" than SAN, OKC, LAC, or HOU. At times, they're better. At other times, they're horrid.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like Foolish Nosense, you just suck at this whole internet thing.

I broke it down for you, you come back with "defensive efficiency." One stat.

They are NOT "more consistent" than SAN, OKC, LAC, or HOU. At times, they're better. At other times, they're horrid.

3rd in field goal percentage defense.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. They've already lost the chance to get home court in the first round because of 10 bad losses this year. The elite teams have no more than 6. And defense was the reason they lost almost all of those 10 games.

They won't even catch Portland. That's what inconsistent defense will do to you.

Six seed. Clippers in the first round. If they win that series, then it's SAN or OKC in the second. If they can play D through two rounds of the playoffs, THEN I'll eat some crow.

They won't catch Portland but only 1.5 games back..

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will never accept it

Didn't you see the sign? Don't feed the trolls! Tweezil is a concern troll who will eventually wither away and die if he does not get the attention he craves.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So their inconsistent defense won't let them catch a team with shitty defense all around. Got it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you see the sign? Don't feed the trolls! Tweezil is a concern troll who will eventually wither away and die if he does not get the attention he craves.

I know you think you're clever taking the accurate jabs others say about you and just "I'm rubber you're glue"-ing it, but it's yet another embarrassing exposure of how you suck at the internet. You don't even know how to trash talk.

You're welcome.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So their inconsistent defense won't let them catch a team with shitty defense all around. Got it.

With a warriors win and a Portland loss to spurs they can be a half a game back I guess that's TO MUCH to make up

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a warriors win and a Portland loss to spurs they can be a half a game back I guess that's TO MUCH to make up

Well tzill is right it's about the loss column so one back if that happens. Portland probably loses but the Clippers can't wait for us in their building. If we don't win that very tough game we're 2 back of Portland. That would make winning one of the 2 games in Portland kind of necessary to catch them.

As I've said, it's probably not happening but it's hard to see how a guy who can't stop bashing the Ws defense thinks the Portland team is so great, when their D is just plain bad. The only playoff team in either conference with worse defense is Dallas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well tzill is right it's about the loss column so one back if that happens. Portland probably loses but the Clippers can't wait for us in their building. If we don't win that very tough game we're 2 back of Portland. That would make winning one of the 2 games in Portland kind of necessary to catch them.

As I've said, it's probably not happening but it's hard to see how a guy who can't stop bashing the Ws defense thinks the Portland team is so great, when their D is just plain bad. The only playoff team in either conference with worse defense is Dallas.

Even if we loss and Portland loses we still have plenty of games left to play.... Yeah and it really doesn't make sense. When's the last time you can say the warriors are 3rd in defense?

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we loss and Portland loses we still have plenty of games left to play.... Yeah and it really doesn't make sense. When's the last time you can say the warriors are 3rd in defense?

I also agree with tzill that one stat doesn't say the whole story, although if there's one stat better than the rest it's the one where the Ws are 3rd in the league...and yeah it's very weird. I think the fact they've been so shitty on D for so many years makes it hard for many fans to believe what's right in front of them,