• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Mookie Betts is terrible huh guys?

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA playoffs has not been kind to my vroll.....couldn't get anyone to bite on the. Braves straight up so added the runs. Which actually makes it close to an even money bet. As a braves fan it's win/ win even if they pull out the win.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clay Buchholz Breaks Silence About Bullpen ‘Demotion,’ Red Sox Future

This is the only place I've ever been. It's been probably the best that I can imagine playing, to being not so fun at times. That's part of the game. I definitely understand that," he said. "There's nobody who wants to go out there and pitch well more than myself. It stinks to not do well, and it stinks to have the fans criticize you or say you're not good enough. So what you want to do is go out there and prove to everybody that you can. That's sort of where my mind is at now. I already know myself, and I can do whatever I need to do in whatever role I'm put in. It's just a matter of going out there and doing it and preparing for the best, rather than thinking about the worse.

I think that given the way that my season was going up until that point, that's the thoughts that you had. It's not about making pitches, but you start thinking about the whole situation. There was going to be made a move made because we had a couple of arms coming off the [disabled list]. That's the move they made and I've got to take it. It's better than getting released or getting sent down or being put on the D.L. I'll just try and take it in stride and try and figure out how this new situation can work for me and how I can make it work to the best of my ability.

I can't sulk about it or feel sorry for myself. I have to get ready for any situation during the game they want to use me. I'm sure that topic will come up sooner or later when they know what I'm going to do. Whether I'm a long guy in a game, or someone needs a break in the back end of the 'pen and they need a day.

You have to take it one day at a time," he said. "I think everybody on this team knows the capabilities of this one team and everybody in this clubhouse thinks the same, knowing where we want to be at the end of September and moving forward from there. I think that takes some preparation from a lot of peoples to, A, not be selfish, and B, do whatever role is expected of you to do it to the best of your ability. That's where my mindset is at right now. If I have to learn to do something a little bit different, I'm going to learn how to do it and try and help the team the best I can.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the Red Sox pitching SUCKS!

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the Red Sox pitching SUCKS!

Lower ERA than the Padres, and that's with San Diego playing in the Grand Canyon of baseball stadiums. And against the DH.

Reds have a 5.73 ERA. Lol.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lower ERA than the Padres, and that's with San Diego playing in the Grand Canyon of baseball stadiums. And against the DH.

Reds have a 5.73 ERA. Lol.
Their BP has given up 42 home runs :doh:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a thing on Quick Pitch this morning that said that 24 years ago today, the Yankees drafted Derek Jeter. I just looked up that draft.

Jeter was taken 6th overall, behind noted greats Phil Nevin, Paul Shuey, BJ Wallace, Jeffery Hammonds and Chad Mottola. Those five combined for two All-Star Game appearances. Woops.

What was really interesting to me is that Quick Pitch said when he was drafted, it was in chalk on a chalk board. The teams would actually walk up to a chalk board and write the player's name who they wanted to draft. Insane.

who? :noidea: lol

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox currently have a four-man rotation :L

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... though he has homered in the majors (grand slam off Johan Santana in '08, to be exact).

oh, link finally opened for me.. Gracias

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a thing on Quick Pitch this morning that said that 24 years ago today, the Yankees drafted Derek Jeter. I just looked up that draft.

Jeter was taken 6th overall, behind noted greats Phil Nevin, Paul Shuey, BJ Wallace, Jeffery Hammonds and Chad Mottola. Those five combined for two All-Star Game appearances. Woops.

What was really interesting to me is that Quick Pitch said when he was drafted, it was in chalk on a chalk board. The teams would actually walk up to a chalk board and write the player's name who they wanted to draft. Insane.

Remember when the Pirates used the #1 pick on a reliever (Brian Bullington)? Greinke went at #6, Hamels went at #17, and Cain went at #25. Lester was also drafted at #57. Bullington's the epitome of a signability pick.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter Pence on the 15 day with a hammie. Seems like that's the injury all the cool kids are having this season :sigh: