• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Monty has picked against the Warriors every time, so this is no different.

But with respects to the game, the Warriors got outworked and out played on both ends of the court. I can't exactly put my finger on what is going wrong because at times the teams looks stellar and at others they look completely disjointed.

If I had to make one guess is that Kerr is continually putting out different lineups with not much continuity. He started the season staggering KD and Curry on the bench, but now he has them both in, or both out, with Klay and Draymond on the second unit. He's also alternating almost every other game between McCaw and Young. Then you have his rotation of bigs in which he's either played heavily or not at all, Casspi, Bell, McGee, West, and Looney(all, with exception of West have been at least a healthy inactive for one game).

I think there's more cohesion problems than anything else. A lot of the lineups Kerr is running out is trial by error, since there wasn't an extended pre-season. He's trying to find things that work, and this is the time to do so.

BUT...

25 Turnovers is attrocious. I don't care who they have out there. Their defense is overall pretty terrible too. Curry is reaching too much and committing really stupid fouls. Everyone is praising KD's defense, and while his weakside block defense has been good, his perimeter defense I feel has been lacking. Also he's been a turnover machine.

Iguodala's been a complete non factor all year at both ends of the court really. Livingston, Young and McCaw have been hit or miss. Zaza and McGee are both frustrating. The only four players I really don't have a complaint about at all are Klay, David West, Jordan Bell(Rook), and Omri Casspi(just getting back into rotation after getting injured on opening night).

Immediate solutions would be to cut down turnovers and improve perimeter defense. Long term solutions are finding solid rotations and lineups that really work on both offense and defense. I feel like there's been a huge imbalance. You can't have a second unit lineup of Livingston, Klay, Iguodala, Draymond and Bell. There's just not enough scoring there. You also can't have a lineup of Curry, Young, Klay, Casspi and West. There's just not enough defense there.

It's all about balance. The Warriors should have it figured out after 1/4 of the season. After that, that should be plenty of time to try and lock up a 1st seed. With efficiency comes the ability to hopefully rest guys too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors by 17 at the half. The Clippers got them right where they want them.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Monty has picked against the Warriors every time, so this is no different.

But with respects to the game, the Warriors got outworked and out played on both ends of the court. I can't exactly put my finger on what is going wrong because at times the teams looks stellar and at others they look completely disjointed.

If I had to make one guess is that Kerr is continually putting out different lineups with not much continuity. He started the season staggering KD and Curry on the bench, but now he has them both in, or both out, with Klay and Draymond on the second unit. He's also alternating almost every other game between McCaw and Young. Then you have his rotation of bigs in which he's either played heavily or not at all, Casspi, Bell, McGee, West, and Looney(all, with exception of West have been at least a healthy inactive for one game).

I think there's more cohesion problems than anything else. A lot of the lineups Kerr is running out is trial by error, since there wasn't an extended pre-season. He's trying to find things that work, and this is the time to do so.

BUT...

25 Turnovers is attrocious. I don't care who they have out there. Their defense is overall pretty terrible too. Curry is reaching too much and committing really stupid fouls. Everyone is praising KD's defense, and while his weakside block defense has been good, his perimeter defense I feel has been lacking. Also he's been a turnover machine.

Iguodala's been a complete non factor all year at both ends of the court really. Livingston, Young and McCaw have been hit or miss. Zaza and McGee are both frustrating. The only four players I really don't have a complaint about at all are Klay, David West, Jordan Bell(Rook), and Omri Casspi(just getting back into rotation after getting injured on opening night).

Immediate solutions would be to cut down turnovers and improve perimeter defense. Long term solutions are finding solid rotations and lineups that really work on both offense and defense. I feel like there's been a huge imbalance. You can't have a second unit lineup of Livingston, Klay, Iguodala, Draymond and Bell. There's just not enough scoring there. You also can't have a lineup of Curry, Young, Klay, Casspi and West. There's just not enough defense there.

It's all about balance. The Warriors should have it figured out after 1/4 of the season. After that, that should be plenty of time to try and lock up a 1st seed. With efficiency comes the ability to hopefully rest guys too.
Hard to argue with this.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and here come the Clippers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least one thing hasn't changed; the Warriors always beat the Clippers.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a complete game. Great play on both ends of the court. Clips made a few runs but Warriors were able to lock down and get quality possessions. Good win and best game for them of the year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors could lose all 82 games this season, and I still wouldn't sorry for them and if Boston were to lose even 70 games, I would celebrate.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that's the type of game I expect from the Warriors.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? He basically agrees with me and you know how I feel about my opinion.

Not really. You blamed it on pathetic play. I blamed it on continuity. There's a difference between effort and chemistry (although I do agree on effort in that Pistons game).

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. You blamed it on pathetic play. I blamed it on continuity. There's a difference between effort and chemistry (although I do agree on effort in that Pistons game).
Actually I blamed it on effort, or more specifically, lack thereof. Pathetic play was just the result of that effort not being there.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I blamed it on effort, or more specifically, lack thereof. Pathetic play was just the result of that effort not being there.

Splitting hairs. But yeah there was a fundamental difference in our view points on why the team was struggling.

Kerr once again used two different rotations in the first and second half. First half he pulled both KD and Curry and had Draymond and Klay with the second unit. In the second half, he staggered KD and Curry. What I loved really about the second half lineup is that he put Livingston in earlier than he normally does and played him with Curry. Livingston and Curry I think fit together much more than Livingston and Klay right now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Splitting hairs. But yeah there was a fundamental difference in our view points on why the team was struggling.

Kerr once again used two different rotations in the first and second half. First half he pulled both KD and Curry and had Draymond and Klay with the second unit. In the second half, he staggered KD and Curry. What I loved really about the second half lineup is that he put Livingston in earlier than he normally does and played him with Curry. Livingston and Curry I think fit together much more than Livingston and Klay right now.
I suppose, with all the roster turnover, that Kerr can be excused for wanting to try new lineups. I agree that there was not the usual cohesion with great passing and cutting and screening; just a bunch of dribbling and shooting and that might have manifested itself to me as lack of effort.

We saw the old Warriors offense last night against L.A. with the ball movement creating easy shots and the defense creating transition baskets. I like that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Dubs are sittin' a bunch of people tonight in San Antonio. I hope not. I don't like being in 2nd place; especially behind the Clippers.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard the Dubs are sittin' a bunch of people tonight in San Antonio. I hope not. I don't like being in 2nd place; especially behind the Clippers.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching that show on CSN Bay Area called "Happy Hour" and I thought that little fat troll-looking guy Ratto or something? made some comment about "well no one is playing" when Papa mentioned how fun this game will be to watch.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching that show on CSN Bay Area called "Happy Hour" and I thought that little fat troll-looking guy Ratto or something? made some comment about "well no one is playing" when Papa mentioned how fun this game will be to watch.

Maybe they were referring to the Spurs? Kawhi and Parker out for sure. Not sure who else is out too for the Spurs.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they were referring to the Spurs? Kawhi and Parker out for sure. Not sure who else is out too for the Spurs.
Kawhi, Parker, Lauvergne. If yall dont win, something is really wrong. Spurs are good, but they arent equipped to win very many games without Kawhi/TP.