• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought grandpa Ginobli retired; I guess not.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The new guy, Bell looks pretty good. Wonder where he came from.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK They got a win that they were supposed to win. Had me a little concerned with the abysmal effort at the start of the game.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK They got a win that they were supposed to win. Had me a little concerned with the abysmal effort at the start of the game.

Really? Why didn't you say anything?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finally got a guy who plays above the rim. I hope he continues to improve.

We also have a guy named Javale McGee who is considered an above the rim player. He's also been here for two years now. Just FYI.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We also have a guy named Javale McGee who is considered an above the rim player. He's also been here for two years now. Just FYI.
Forgot about him. He was much more productive last year than advertised, but you are wrong about the time he has been here. He's only played one season for the Warriors.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot about him. He was much more productive last year than advertised, but you are wrong about the time he has been here. He's only played one season for the Warriors.

Two years(season), including this one. I guess I could have said for over a year now, but I just wanted to lump it together.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP doesn't watch much basketball other than the Warriors, does he?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP doesn't watch much basketball other than the Warriors, does he?

He's a die-hard "fan". Gotta give it to him, he's been here to bitch about them since 2015.

It's like he doesn't understand the concept that throughout the course of a basketball game, a team can be both good and bad. Like they don't play perfect 100% of time. Not even Pop teams do that. Pop will call a game midway through the second quarter if he see's his guys not bringing it.

Also there's no such thing as continunity, chemistry and/or cohesion. It's just about talent. Since the Warriors are the most talented, they should just out-talent the other guys for 48 minutes a night. Oh and there's also no such thing as the opposing team playing well. It's just the Warriors are shit.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a die-hard "fan". Gotta give it to him, he's been here to bitch about them since 2015.

It's like he doesn't understand the concept that throughout the course of a basketball game, a team can be both good and bad. Like they don't play perfect 100% of time. Not even Pop teams do that. Pop will call a game midway through the second quarter if he see's his guys not bringing it.

Also there's no such thing as continunity, chemistry and/or cohesion. It's just about talent. Since the Warriors are the most talented, they should just out-talent the other guys for 48 minutes a night. Oh and there's also no such thing as the opposing team playing well. It's just the Warriors are shit.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing that some "fans" don't seem to grasp is that even the worst player in the league is still one of the best players in the world and every player on even the worst teams, is still an NBA player.

Because of that, there is always the possibility of the lesser talented team putting together "one of those games" and knocking off a superior team. It doesn't mean that the superior team didn't give their best effort, just had a bad game or sucks. Sometimes, it just means that the bad team played a really good game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are getting there. Pplayed three good quarters and one ridiculously bad one in Denver. Another win though. Bunch of games coming up at home and I don't want to see any lazy effort.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""This season, it was a bit surprising when the Warriors languished toward the bottom of the league in defensive efficiency over their first seven games. More than anything schematic, the problem was rooted in effort""

See; the writers at SFGate agree with me. I'm not the only one who was astute enough to see this lack of effort.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that some "fans" don't seem to grasp is that even the worst player in the league is still one of the best players in the world and every player on even the worst teams, is still an NBA player.

Because of that, there is always the possibility of the lesser talented team putting together "one of those games" and knocking off a superior team. It doesn't mean that the superior team didn't give their best effort, just had a bad game or sucks. Sometimes, it just means that the bad team played a really good game.

But as this excerpt form an article from SFGate.com points out, effort, just as I said it was, was the key problem for the Warriors.

""This season, it was a bit surprising when the Warriors languished toward the bottom of the league in defensive efficiency over their first seven games. More than anything schematic, the problem was rooted in effort""

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as this excerpt form an article from SFGate.com points out, effort, just as I said it was, was the key problem for the Warriors.

Literally no one said the Warriors have been giving a great defensive effort up until now. @trojanfan12 is simply pointing out that the opposing team can be capable of playing well on any given night. And adding that on any given night the opposing teams players are still some of the best players in the world and can have a great game. It's not always just effort that wins. Sometimes guys just go off for whatever reason, regardless of effort.

This was in reference to the opposing team playing well and has nothing to do with the Warriors, but basketball in general. This is applicable to all teams in the NBA, which is why you see the Cavs struggling and even the Spurs losing to teams they could probably still have beaten. Not sure how you figure you're right on this and everyone else is wrong. But I mean continue to do you.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literally no one said the Warriors have been giving a great defensive effort up until now. @trojanfan12 is simply pointing out that the opposing team can be capable of playing well on any given night. And adding that on any given night the opposing teams players are still some of the best players in the world and can have a great game. It's not always just effort that wins. Sometimes guys just go off for whatever reason, regardless of effort.

This was in reference to the opposing team playing well and has nothing to do with the Warriors, but basketball in general. This is applicable to all teams in the NBA, which is why you see the Cavs struggling and even the Spurs losing to teams they could probably still have beaten. Not sure how you figure you're right on this and everyone else is wrong. But I mean continue to do you.
Who said anything about defensive effort? I'm talking about effort period for both defense and offense. And I was under the impression that it was you who ridiculed the idea that the Warriors were not giving full effort. And all that stuff Trojan was saying may be true, but in this case it was a lack of effort by the Warriors

Last edited by a moderator: