• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I a must concerned because momentum is a thing, and winning is a habit. The Dubs currently have ZERO momentum, and they aren’t in the habit of winning.

And sure, Curry being out sucks, but Livingston and Iggy have not been lighting it up. Neither has West. Those three are the hidden weapons that make this machine purr, and if they aren’t there, the margin of error gets smaller and smaller.

The Dubs are (and should be) still favored, but I am not sitting as confident as I have the last few years.

No doubt this is the toughest championship quest of the last 4 years. Last year was so obviously going to be an easy title. This year obviously not so easy.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s absolutely concerning to me. The problem for me is that they are not focused defensively. Offense with this team can come and go but they can’t rely on just outscoring the other team especially with Curry out.

Yeah it may not go well for them this time, we'll see. I'm not upset about it if they get beat, easy to be chill after winning 2 of the last 3, and knowing they will be one of the favorites next year too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it may not go well for them this time, we'll see. I'm not upset about it if they get beat, easy to be chill after winning 2 of the last 3, and knowing they will be one of the favorites next year too.
Screw “being a favorite”. Produce of gtfo.

They already let one slip away because they (read: Green) weren’t properly focused. If they get through this run with only 2 rings, that will be a disappointment.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw “being a favorite”. Produce of gtfo.

They already let one slip away because they (read: Green) weren’t properly focused. If they get through this run with only 2 rings, that will be a disappointment.

M'kay, but that's not how it works. None of the sports have teams winning 3,4,5 titles in a row anymore. There's too many things that get in the way (injuries, complacency, random weirdness like the Draymond suspension). Obviously you're free to be disappointed, but I won't be. I'll consider it an injury-marred season, which it is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M'kay, but that's not how it works. None of the sports have teams winning 3,4,5 titles in a row anymore. There's too many things that get in the way (injuries, complacency, random weirdness like the Draymond suspension). Obviously you're free to be disappointed, but I won't be. I'll consider it an injury-marred season, which it is.

Yes and no re: injury marred season. If the Warriors get beaten in a series and they are at full strength, if I'm a Warriors fan, that's disappointing to me.

Heck, if they lost in the first round without Curry I'd be disappointed because they should be able to beat a 7 seed without him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors absolutely thrashed by the Jazz last night. Largest margin in the Kerr area.
Even the dimmest of bulbs who participate in this thread can now see that I am right about this year's team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no re: injury marred season. If the Warriors get beaten in a series and they are at full strength, if I'm a Warriors fan, that's disappointing to me.

Heck, if they lost in the first round without Curry I'd be disappointed because they should be able to beat a 7 seed without him.

How is that 'yes and no'? I think we agree, Ws at full strength should beat anyone. But they aren't.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whoever the 7th seed ends up beating, if the Warriors lose, that's disappointing. Hell even if they lose in the second round without Curry, that's also hugely disappointing. With the way the Rockets are playing right now, it wouldn't be a surprise if they lost in a conference finals matchup minus Curry, but it would be easier to tolerate given circumstance.

The immediate goal for the Warriors is to try to get to the Conference Finals without Curry. If he comes back earlier, that's a bonus, but if they don't reach the Conference finals without him, that's a huge disappointment for the team. That would be a situation where you'd probably see some dramatic re-arranging of the team (outside the core 4).

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that 'yes and no'? I think we agree, Ws at full strength should beat anyone. But they aren't.

It should absolutely be a disappointing season if the Warriors don't at least make the conference finals without Steph. That's inexcusable for the level of talent this team has.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should absolutely be a disappointing season if the Warriors don't at least make the conference finals without Steph. That's inexcusable for the level of talent this team has.

First round I agree. Second round? For me harder to say. I guess I will have to change my priors about KD if he doesn't step up in Curry's absence, that's for sure.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess the no part is that, if they get Steph back for the 2nd round and still lose in that round or later...it's tough to call it an injury marred season because they were at full strength when they needed to be. Probably more semantics than anything.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the no part is that, if they get Steph back for the 2nd round and still lose in that round or later...it's tough to call it an injury marred season because they were at full strength when they needed to be. Probably more semantics than anything.

Agree mostly, but remember one reason they lost in 2016 (besides Draymond missing a game) was that Curry was not fully healthy. Yes he was playing, but he wasn't himself. It's not an excuse, but it is an explanation, and it might be in play again this year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree mostly, but remember one reason they lost in 2016 (besides Draymond missing a game) was that Curry was not fully healthy. Yes he was playing, but he wasn't himself. It's not an excuse, but it is an explanation, and it might be in play again this year.

The difference is, that team didn't have KD, this one does. So, even if Steph isn't at full strength, KD is supposed to be able to make up that difference. It's why you got him.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is, that team didn't have KD, this one does. So, even if Steph isn't at full strength, KD is supposed to be able to make up that difference. It's why you got him.

Also true. But the Rockets are legit, if Curry isn't close to 100% they will have a big problem there, KD or no.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The actual biggest guys in the series will be Andre Iguodala, Nick Young and Quinn Cook. You know what Shaun Livingston and David West will give you off the bench. But the 3 mentioned previously are going to have big roles on this team. They're going to need to produce and do so efficiently and at a high level.

Andre's shot has come a long ways, but he's going to need to be aggressive as a scorer. He's going to need to give us 10-12 points a night in addition to playing all world defense. Nick Young needs to be able to knock down some open 3's to create space for the other guys to work, but most importantly he needs to not be a liability defensively out there. The Warriors cut Casspi over Young, and Young is going to need to show he's capable of getting buckets and defending.

Quinn Cook is the x-factor. He's vitally important with Curry out. He's going to need to continue to provide that offensive spark, but he's going to need hold his own on defense.

The key to winning the 1st and 2nd round for me will be Defense. Offensively this team still has more than enough to get it done on any given night. But they can't have a mentality to just outgun the other team. Everyone 1-14 is going to need to crank it up a notch in Curry's absence. Even then they'll need to play elite defense if they want to defend their title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also true. But the Rockets are legit, if Curry isn't close to 100% they will have a big problem there, KD or no.

I'm sold on regular season Rockets, not on playoff Rockets. Until they show otherwise, they are led by 3 guys (Harden, CP3 and D'Antoni) who are known for coming up small in the playoffs and that's what I expect.

Having said that, if they overcome that, they will give the Warriors a good run, even if Steph is 100%

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The actual biggest guys in the series will be Andre Iguodala, Nick Young and Quinn Cook. You know what Shaun Livingston and David West will give you off the bench. But the 3 mentioned previously are going to have big roles on this team. They're going to need to produce and do so efficiently and at a high level.

Andre's shot has come a long ways, but he's going to need to be aggressive as a scorer. He's going to need to give us 10-12 points a night in addition to playing all world defense. Nick Young needs to be able to knock down some open 3's to create space for the other guys to work, but most importantly he needs to not be a liability defensively out there. The Warriors cut Casspi over Young, and Young is going to need to show he's capable of getting buckets and defending.

Quinn Cook is the x-factor. He's vitally important with Curry out. He's going to need to continue to provide that offensive spark, but he's going to need hold his own on defense.

The key to winning the 1st and 2nd round for me will be Defense. Offensively this team still has more than enough to get it done on any given night. But they can't have a mentality to just outgun the other team. Everyone 1-14 is going to need to crank it up a notch in Curry's absence. Even then they'll need to play elite defense if they want to defend their title.

100% agree.

Having said that, I love me some Swaggy P, but depending on him seems a bit scary. He definitely has the talent to do everything you said and then some. But will his brain allow it? Hopefully Kerr, his teammates and actually playing for something, will help with that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha! He finally admits after months of saying the opposite.