• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your predictions mean jack shit. When you only see one side of the coin, calling tails does not constitute a prediction.
We'll see I guess but you heard it here first.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see I guess but you heard it here first.

What are you bitching about regarding the Warriors today, are the refs being too mean to KD?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, things probably won't stay the same because of the matchups last 3 days.

Second, the Warriors are still title favorites. When they win this year, you don't get to come on here and act like you are happy. All the doom and gloom you have been spreading since day 1 is garbage. Nothing matters for this team in the regular season except health. They know how to win and they have the horses to do it.

The Curry injury will hurt. But, they still have enough to win because they are that good.
LOL! I get to do whatever I want to do but it won't come to that. They won't win it this year.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your predictions mean jack shit. When you only see one side of the coin, calling tails does not constitute a prediction.

I'm not sure if anyone's predictions on here mean jack shit. At least Montalban put something out there. (which almost definitely will be wrong ... but if it happens -- he did predict it)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if anyone's predictions on here mean jack shit. At least Montalban put something out there. (which almost definitely will be wrong ... but if it happens -- he did predict it)

Nah.

What Montalban does is the equivalent of the weather man predicting rain every day. Eventually he will be right. Nobody will be impressed when he is.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, things probably won't stay the same because of the matchups last 3 days.

Second, the Warriors are still title favorites. When they win this year, you don't get to come on here and act like you are happy. All the doom and gloom you have been spreading since day 1 is garbage. Nothing matters for this team in the regular season except health. They know how to win and they have the horses to do it.

The Curry injury will hurt. But, they still have enough to win because they are that good.

I don't know man...I'd feel a lot better about their chances if they had a another star player or 2 who can step up and make up for Curry being out.

It's really too bad that they weren't able to sign KD in the off-season...he'd have been perfect for that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OKC is a bad match up for the Warriors, especially for a first-round opponent. I think they are a dangerous match up for any team depending upon how well the big three play.
Not being at full strength makes it even harder for the Warriors.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OKC is a bad match up for the Warriors, especially for a first-round opponent. I think they are a dangerous match up for any team depending upon how well the big three play.
Not being at full strength makes it even harder for the Warriors.

How are they a bad matchup? What, basketball-wise, makes them a challenge?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are they a bad matchup? What, basketball-wise, makes them a challenge?
Steven Adams, Paul George and especially Russell Westbrook who is capable of dominating a given series. Plus, the Warriors are missing their best player (or second best)

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Adams, Paul George and especially Russell Westbrook who is capable of dominating a given series. Plus, the Warriors are missing their best player (or second best)

Those are just players. You haven't said anything as to why they're a bad matchup. I'm just trying to engage in some basketball discussion, so just wondering what specifically the Thunder do, cause them to be a bad match-up?

The Warriors won their last game against them, on the road, minus Curry and Iguodala, with the Thunder at full strength.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are just players. You haven't said anything as to why they're a bad matchup. I'm just trying to engage in some basketball discussion, so just wondering what specifically the Thunder do, cause them to be a bad match-up?

The Warriors won their last game against them, on the road, minus Curry and Iguodala, with the Thunder at full strength.
But you saw that it was nip and tuck pretty much until the end without Paul George contributing at all. It took two Draymond Green free throws at the end to clinch it and those are hardly automatic with him. They had so much trouble closing out that game it was astonishing.

For the bolded. I already answered that and if you can't see that they are dangerous for the reasons I mentioned then you are either being purposely obtuse or playing Devil's Advocate.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you saw that it was nip and tuck pretty much until the end without Paul George contributing at all. It took two Draymond Green free throws at the end to clinch it and those are hardly automatic with him. They had so much trouble closing out that game it was astonishing.

For the bolded. I already answered that and if you can't see that they are dangerous for the reasons I mentioned then you are either being purposely obtuse or playing Devil's Advocate.

Not being obtuse at all. You continue to try to educate around here, so I was trying to gauge what significant advantage the Thunder have over the Warriors. You didn't indicate anything at all. You say Russell Westbrook, I say Kevin Durant. You say Steven Adams, I say Draymond Green. You say Paul George, I say Klay Thompson. You say Melo, I say LOL. We can keep continually doing that, but it doesn't indicate one way or another how the Thunder have an advantage. Every team in the playoffs is dangerous.

Is it post play? Is it perimeter play? Is it defense? Is it transitional basketball? Is it Coaching? Is it bench depth? You offered no substance, which is why I'm asking.

If the Warriors face the Thunder, by no means do I think they're a cake walk. I'm looking at a really tough series. But I know my reasons why. I was curious to yours.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being obtuse at all. You continue to try to educate around here, so I was trying to gauge what significant advantage the Thunder have over the Warriors. You didn't indicate anything at all. You say Russell Westbrook, I say Kevin Durant. You say Steven Adams, I say Draymond Green. You say Paul George, I say Klay Thompson. You say Melo, I say LOL. We can keep continually doing that, but it doesn't indicate one way or another how the Thunder have an advantage. Every team in the playoffs is dangerous.

Is it post play? Is it perimeter play? Is it defense? Is it transitional basketball? Is it Coaching? Is it bench depth? You offered no substance, which is why I'm asking.

If the Warriors face the Thunder, by no means do I think they're a cake walk. I'm looking at a really tough series. But I know my reasons why. I was curious to yours.
Well there's your problem. You completely made up a statement above that I never said. You read what you wanted to read into it and posted without thinking. They are dangerous because of the spot on reasons I gave. It is undeniable. I will try to spell it out for you even more clearly:

Steven Adams: Control of the paint and rebounding. No one on the Warriors can match him and the Thunder will have significantly more shots than the Warriors will have because of all the offensive rebounds he'll get.

Westbrook: The most dynamic offensive force in the game and capable of taking over a game or series at any time. Loves to show his best to Kevin Durant.

George": An excellent scorer and lock down defender who allows Westbrook freedom in the lane and shuts down one of the Warriors' offensive threats.

Melo: another one of your errors; I never mentioned him one in any of my posts.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's your problem. You completely made up a statement above that I never said. You read what you wanted to read into it and posted without thinking. They are dangerous because of the spot on reasons I gave. It is undeniable. I will try to spell it out for you even more clearly:

Steven Adams: Control of the paint and rebounding. No one on the Warriors can match him and the Thunder will have significantly more shots than the Warriors will have because of all the offensive rebounds he'll get.

Westbrook: The most dynamic offensive force in the game and capable of taking over a game or series at any time. Loves to show his best to Kevin Durant.

George": An excellent scorer and lock down defender who allows Westbrook freedom in the lane and shuts down one of the Warriors' offensive threats.

Melo: another one of your errors; I never mentioned him one in any of my posts.

Melo was an add on by me to add some levity to my post. I don't think Melo will be much of a factor at all, if only because of his defense.

See, your points on the guys is completely valid. Even if I don't agree, I appreciate the thought process you just provided. That's all I wanted. Instead of just saying the Warriors are at a disadvantage to every team they're going to play against, it's worth while conversation if you include some sort of insight as to WHY you actually believe what you believe.

I didn't read anything into your post, because you literally didn't write anything. You just said they were at a disadvantage. Then you just rattled off names. If I think the Thunder had an advantage I'd at least give some reasoning. When you don't, it comes off even more trollish than normal.

Like if you said Steven Adams is the key to the Thunder advantage because you think he'll control the boards, control pace, enforce in the paint, that's cool. Just saying Steven Adams doesn't do it for me.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo was an add on by me to add some levity to my post. I don't think Melo will be much of a factor at all, if only because of his defense.

See, your points on the guys is completely valid. Even if I don't agree, I appreciate the thought process you just provided. That's all I wanted. Instead of just saying the Warriors are at a disadvantage to every team they're going to play against, it's worth while conversation if you include some sort of insight as to WHY you actually believe what you believe.

I didn't read anything into your post, because you literally didn't write anything. You just said they were at a disadvantage. Then you just rattled off names. If I think the Thunder had an advantage I'd at least give some reasoning. When you don't, it comes off even more trollish than normal.

Like if you said Steven Adams is the key to the Thunder advantage because you think he'll control the boards, control pace, enforce in the paint, that's cool. Just saying Steven Adams doesn't do it for me.
OK, but there you go again. I never said that. I said the Thunder were a dangerous team and a difficult match up for anyone in the first round, or words to that effect. I never said anywhere that the Warriors were at a disadvantage. I do think they could easily be beaten if things don't fall their way;especially without Curry. SHort series' are where anything can happen. Look what the 2007 Warriors did to Mavericks.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but there you go again. I never said that. I said the Thunder were a dangerous team and a difficult match up for anyone in the first round, or words to that effect. I never said anywhere that the Warriors were at a disadvantage. I do think they could easily be beaten if things don't fall their way;especially without Curry. SHort series' are where anything can happen. Look what the 2007 Warriors did to Mavericks.

Fair enough. :suds:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. :suds:
I'm curious if you think the Warriors awful last few games of the regular season, even with everyone who matters healthy except Curry, matter for the playoffs. Part of me says the playoffs are different, when games matter the better team wins, but their opponent will be a good team playing with purpose and intensity at the end.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious if you think the Warriors awful last few games of the regular season, even with everyone who matters healthy except Curry, matter for the playoffs. Part of me says the playoffs are different, when games matter the better team wins, but their opponent will be a good team playing with purpose and intensity at the end.
I a must concerned because momentum is a thing, and winning is a habit. The Dubs currently have ZERO momentum, and they aren’t in the habit of winning.

And sure, Curry being out sucks, but Livingston and Iggy have not been lighting it up. Neither has West. Those three are the hidden weapons that make this machine purr, and if they aren’t there, the margin of error gets smaller and smaller.

The Dubs are (and should be) still favored, but I am not sitting as confident as I have the last few years.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I a must concerned because momentum is a thing, and winning is a habit. The Dubs currently have ZERO momentum, and they aren’t in the habit of winning.

That is one thing about the Cavs ... Lebron has shown that his team can flip the switch entering the playoffs. It seems like it will catch up with him sometime -- but it has worked the last few years.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s absolutely concerning to me. The problem for me is that they are not focused defensively. Offense with this team can come and go but they can’t rely on just outscoring the other team especially with Curry out.