• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors lose two close games (the Blazers game was a 2 point game with about 4 minutes to go) without Curry, West, Iguodala, Bell and McCaw on the road in a 3 games in 4 nights stretch.

Yeah, not great, but not all that terrible either. Kerr said he was absolutely fine with the level of effort and energy of the team against the TWolves team. But it shows that the West is tough this year and the Warriors will need all working parts to get this done. They won't be able to coast in any round of the playoffs this year. Going to need to earn everything.
Kerr's "Give the ball to Durant and let him hoist a three" offense failed him yesterday. It works if Durant is hitting his shots but now there is no one else they can count on to hit shots since Thompson's shot has disappeared.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr's "Give the ball to Durant and let him hoist a three" offense failed him yesterday. It works if Durant is hitting his shots but now there is no one else they can count on to hit shots since Thompson's shot has disappeared.

I read a stat that when Steph is off the court, Klay's True Shooting percentage dips like 14% or something like that. Klay is a huge beneficiary of Steph being able to create offense. KD's a great scorer, but he's not a great facilitator. That's the difference when Steph is out.

Although yesterday if Klay hits that 3 with a minute left that puts the Warriors up by two against Minnesota, I think that game was a wrap for the Warriors based on momentum.

Kerr is kind of hamstrung because Curry is the system in GS. Curry's on/off splits are ridiculous. The team is so much better when he's there as opposed to when he is not. KD is put in a tougher spot because you have Quinn Cook and Shaun Livingston trying to facilitate, they give you a combined 3 assists. That's horrendous.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a stat that when Steph is off the court, Klay's True Shooting percentage dips like 14% or something like that. Klay is a huge beneficiary of Steph being able to create offense. KD's a great scorer, but he's not a great facilitator. That's the difference when Steph is out.

Although yesterday if Klay hits that 3 with a minute left that puts the Warriors up by two against Minnesota, I think that game was a wrap for the Warriors based on momentum.

Kerr is kind of hamstrung because Curry is the system in GS. Curry's on/off splits are ridiculous. The team is so much better when he's there as opposed to when he is not. KD is put in a tougher spot because you have Quinn Cook and Shaun Livingston trying to facilitate, they give you a combined 3 assists. That's horrendous.

See @Montalban? This is what's called "understanding basketball". Learn a little.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly what I said in post 836 of this thread yesterday.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I said in post 836 of this thread yesterday.

Yeah guess I missed that one. Totally agree there. He has to knock that one down.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah guess I missed that one. Totally agree there. He has to knock that one down.
And as you said, the momentum gained would have changed the whole complexion of the game. I've resigned myself to the #2 seed but we gotta get Curry back and keep him healthy.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as you said, the momentum gained would have changed the whole complexion of the game. I've resigned myself to the #2 seed but we gotta get Curry back and keep him healthy.

I think the #2 seed is most likely the case for us. Having home court isn't as much of an issue for me as the Warriors have generally been really good on the road this year. Health is paramount for the team right now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the #2 seed is most likely the case for us. Having home court isn't as much of an issue for me as the Warriors have generally been really good on the road this year. Health is paramount for the team right now.
Yep. I heard Hardin didn't play for Houston last night either. I wonder what's wrong with him.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I heard Hardin didn't play for Houston last night either. I wonder what's wrong with him.

Probably a rest day vs a bad team (Mavericks)

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay has a fracture in his shooting hand that he sustained against Minnesota. Would kind of explain why his shot wasn't on that night.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay has a fracture in his shooting hand that he sustained against Minnesota. Would kind of explain why his shot wasn't on that night.

No excuses.

What a scrub. I expect Klay to make 100% of his shots no matter what.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No excuses.

What a scrub. I expect Klay to make 100% of his shots no matter what.

If he's not being lazy and gutless that is.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! The lakers are a long way from being a contender. if they can't beat the Warriors without 3 of their top 4 players, they are pretty bad.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! The lakers are a long way from being a contender. if they can't beat the Warriors without 3 of their top 4 players, they are pretty bad.

The Lakers were on the 2nd night of a back to back and were missing 2 starters themselves (Ingram and Hart).

Having said that, they still should have been able to win the game. But young teams do shit like that.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers were on the 2nd night of a back to back and were missing 2 starters themselves (Ingram and Hart).

Having said that, they still should have been able to win the game. But young teams do shit like that.
Young teams do that. Stupid fans extrapolate whole narratives from one game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But not against teams who start Looney, Pachulia, Cook and Young and whose top guys off the bench are Casspi and Livingston.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not against teams who start Looney, Pachulia, Cook and Young and whose top guys off the bench are Casspi and Livingston.

lol

Especially against teams like that. Young teams tend to come out thinking the game is won.

You must have forgot that you still had KD too.

But then, as @msgkings322 pointed out:

Stupid fans extrapolate whole narratives from one game.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Especially against teams like that. Young teams tend to come out thinking the game is won.

You must have forgot that you still had KD too.

But then, as @msgkings322 pointed out:
Stop whining.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop whining.

Whining about what? They lost a game they shouldn't have. Young teams do that. Hell, veteran teams do that.

You're just upset because you made yet another post that exposed how little you know about sports and got called on it.