• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked how Kerr said let's try to win without Curry. He could have played but Kerr decided to give them a shock. Easy to say after a win of course.
Nah. He just screamed and yelled at them and told them to play with heart.

You know, that’s how the great coaches work...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. He just screamed and yelled at them and told them to play with heart.

You know, that’s how the great coaches work...
You've got Kerr's halftime adjustments mixed up with Singletary's.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got Kerr's halftime adjustments mixed up with Singletary's.

Whatever Kerr's halftime adjustment was, it was horrendous. The Warriors gave up 37 points in the 3rd quarter. They put the clamps down in the 4th though and only allowed 20.

So if you always give Kerr the credit for halftime adjustments, you gotta give it to him when it's the opposite.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever Kerr's halftime adjustment was, it was horrendous. The Warriors gave up 37 points in the 3rd quarter. They put the clamps down in the 4th though and only allowed 20.

So if you always give Kerr the credit for halftime adjustments, you gotta give it to him when it's the opposite.
OK, but in general with me, responsibility for poor or good performance usually lies with the players, not the coach; especially if they are professionals. There are a few exceptions like Bill Bellichick or Greg Popovich, b ut in general its on the players for me.
One thing I was pleased to see was that the Warriors can play effectively without Curry by playing solid defense and turning the ball over to Durant on offense which they did well last night in the last 3rd or so of the 4th quarter.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but in general with me, responsibility for poor or good performance usually lies with the players, not the coach; especially if they are professionals. There are a few exceptions like Bill Bellichick or Greg Popovich, b ut in general its on the players for me.
One thing I was pleased to see was that the Warriors can play effectively without Curry by playing solid defense and turning the ball over to Durant on offense which they did well last night in the last 3rd or so of the 4th quarter.

I get it. My contention with Kerr is that he's a great pre-game strategist and at game planning. I think him and the staff have done a great job installing a system that maximizes the players abilities. For me though, I don't believe him to be a great in-game strategist. I don't think he does very well adjusting on the fly, which is why I generally down play his level of adjustments made at halftime.

He's a top 3 coach for me in game planning, but he's maybe top 10-12 for in game play. I think once the game begins I feel like coaches like Carlisle and Spo are far superior to him in this aspect.

I do also agree that the Warriors did win that game based off of their defense. That's actually been who they were all of last year. The were always great defensively last year, especially when their offense wasn't clicking fully. That's what they'll need to have in these playoffs. I feel like collectively as a team they've played their best defense of the year, post all-star break. Good signs going forward.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it. My contention with Kerr is that he's a great pre-game strategist and at game planning. I think him and the staff have done a great job installing a system that maximizes the players abilities. For me though, I don't believe him to be a great in-game strategist. I don't think he does very well adjusting on the fly, which is why I generally down play his level of adjustments made at halftime.

He's a top 3 coach for me in game planning, but he's maybe top 10-12 for in game play. I think once the game begins I feel like coaches like Carlisle and Spo are far superior to him in this aspect.

I do also agree that the Warriors did win that game based off of their defense. That's actually been who they were all of last year. The were always great defensively last year, especially when their offense wasn't clicking fully. That's what they'll need to have in these playoffs. I feel like collectively as a team they've played their best defense of the year, post all-star break. Good signs going forward.
Yep. Seems like they've finally decided they better take this Rockets threat seriously.
As for Kerr, perhaps he's not the greatest strategist but comparing his in-game strategy and what I see of his huddles to that of Mark Jackson, Kerr looks pretty good. Jackson seemed like a preacher preaching to his flock while Kerr at least has a plan. Another of Kerr's strengths, I believe, is that the players relate to him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Seems like they've finally decided they better take this Rockets threat seriously.
As for Kerr, perhaps he's not the greatest strategist but comparing his in-game strategy and what I see of his huddles to that of Mark Jackson, Kerr looks pretty good. Jackson seemed like a preacher preaching to his flock while Kerr at least has a plan. Another of Kerr's strengths, I believe, is that the players relate to him.

Kerr and Jackson are night and day when it comes to that. You nailed it here. Jackson took the team as far as they could go under him. His game planning and strategies were outright terrible most days. But he was able to get Curry and Klay to their superstar levels. Kerr far exceeds any real coaching that Mark Jackson did. Jackson changed the culture. Kerr elevated the team. I'm not sure which is really harder.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr and Jackson are night and day when it comes to that. You nailed it here. Jackson took the team as far as they could go under him. His game planning and strategies were outright terrible most days. But he was able to get Curry and Klay to their superstar levels. Kerr far exceeds any real coaching that Mark Jackson did. Jackson changed the culture. Kerr elevated the team. I'm not sure which is really harder.
Yeah but give Don Nelson a little bit of credit for that as well. His Baron Davis/Stephen Jackson team helped change it some as well.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but give Don Nelson a little bit of credit for that as well. His Baron Davis/Stephen Jackson team helped change it some as well.

Actually, he only credit Nelson gets for this current team is drafting Steph. That's pretty much literally it. The Warriors had to start from scratch after him.

Nelson bailed on the team halfway in to the 2009 season and just mailed it in. He started letting Keith Smart coach the team, who also happened to prefer for some strange reason to play Acie Law over Curry.

The Warriors were a mess. Baron opted out after not getting the contract extension he wanted. The Warriors then gave a huge contract to Corey Maggette to compensate. Stephen Jackson bypassed then GM Chris Mullin and went straight to Robert Rowell for his extension. As soon as he signed the extension, he demanded a trade.

Curry was drafted and the best player on the team Monta, said they couldn't play together. Nelson demoralized Biedrens who went from a promising big to utterly useless.

Anything that happened under the Cohan regime get absolutely no credit. None. They get negative credit. They were a complete shit show.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, he only credit Nelson gets for this current team is drafting Steph. That's pretty much literally it. The Warriors had to start from scratch after him.

Nelson bailed on the team halfway in to the 2009 season and just mailed it in. He started letting Keith Smart coach the team, who also happened to prefer for some strange reason to play Acie Law over Curry.

The Warriors were a mess. Baron opted out after not getting the contract extension he wanted. The Warriors then gave a huge contract to Corey Maggette to compensate. Stephen Jackson bypassed then GM Chris Mullin and went straight to Robert Rowell for his extension. As soon as he signed the extension, he demanded a trade.

Curry was drafted and the best player on the team Monta, said they couldn't play together. Nelson demoralized Biedrens who went from a promising big to utterly useless.

Anything that happened under the Cohan regime get absolutely no credit. None. They get negative credit. They were a complete shit show.
The players sure loved him, including Curry. I was watching a show where Richardson, Davis, Richmond, Mullin, Hardaway and Curry among others were just giving glowing praise to the guy. I'd always thought Nelson grated on his players' nevbes but maybe not. Sure didn't seem like it from what these guys were saying.
That team of his in 06-07 that swept the Mavs sure was fun to watch.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unusual to see the Warriors get dominated like this but I could easily see Portland doing this to the Warriors in the playoffs.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blazers playing great ball...

Dubs without Curry...

Dubs on the back half of a back-to-back...

Blazers coming off 2 days off...

No team will go undefeated. This one had loss written all over it from the get-go. Relax.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dubs without Curry...

No team will go undefeated. This one had loss written all over it from the get-go. Relax.

Nah, time to blow this team up. They have clearly lost it and no longer want to play together. That's why they continue to be so lazy defensively.

Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't make it out of the 1st round.

I think trading KD to the Lakers for Luol Deng would be a great start to the rebuild.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dubs without Curry...

I tried to convince myself of those things as well. But that's twice now in a row Portland has dominated the Warriors

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to convince myself of those things as well. But that's twice now in a row Portland has dominated the Warriors
Well, if even YOU couldn’t be convinced that a single Warrior loss does not mean the coming appocalypse, than the end must truly be nigh.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Thompson has really lost his shot the last several weeks. Another blown wide open three that would have won the game. Thompson missed it badly.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Thompson has really lost his shot the last several weeks. Another blown wide open three that would have won the game. Thompson missed it badly.

Better now than the playoffs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors got dominated at the end again. Two games in a row. Not willing to work hard enough and let Townes get his own rebound to ice the game on a put back.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors lose two close games (the Blazers game was a 2 point game with about 4 minutes to go) without Curry, West, Iguodala, Bell and McCaw on the road in a 3 games in 4 nights stretch.

Yeah, not great, but not all that terrible either. Kerr said he was absolutely fine with the level of effort and energy of the team against the TWolves team. But it shows that the West is tough this year and the Warriors will need all working parts to get this done. They won't be able to coast in any round of the playoffs this year. Going to need to earn everything.