• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monsters League (Season 2) ZepTepi is the Champ!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Wilson and AJ's health are the key. If Wilson goes off or AJ limps off, I'm likely F*****.

Romo doesn't have anyone to throw to right now......but Stafford had his first and only healthy season last year.

Clyde's got the edge but this can go either way based on a lot of factors.

Agreed. I think both teams got better, though.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade offers work both ways......you can fire something my direction anytime. I've got another one floating out there right now.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade offers work both ways......you can fire something my direction anytime. I've got another one floating out there right now.

Lol, I'm mostly just messin'. I love playin' GM, though, and ogling my team until the season hits.

Side note: you're not in my other league, are you? There's a guys that had almost the same roster before the trade, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I am also down to wheel and deal.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone needs QB help i am willing to part with either Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, or Andrew Luck.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to preface this post with saying I should have looked at the scoring earlier. I've been a bit tied up and thought someone had mentioned nerfing the QB's a little but OMG! Base QB points have been sliced 40%, even more when you factor in bonuses. And RB's and return yards have been hit by 50%? Does anyone else think that's a bit much?

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew the scoring changed, Did I miss something about it?

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew the scoring changed, Did I miss something about it?

It was briefly mentioned awhile back, but take a look. It's a big difference and I'm not quite sure I'm in favor of changing it that much. I think everyone should take a look.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Post #14 on the first page of this thread mentioned that the scoring changed. That was on the 3rd of July. If you missed it, you need to pay more attention.

2- The scoring changed based on suggestions from managers last season.

3- The QBs were scoring 80+ points regularly last season. If a QB went off he could've dropped 100 points. That was a bit much. It's still, though, a QB oriented league compared to more leagues. For example, a QB that throws for 400 yards and 3 TDs gets 29 points in Sharks, but in Monsters he gets 36.

4. The RBs were pretty much untouched from the standard PPR league formats. This is a PPR league, so RBs have two ways to get points. A RB with 100 yards rushing and 40 yards receiving on 3 catches is 15 points without ANY touchdowns. Add in two TDs either rushing or receiving and that's almost 30 points.

5. Returners were curbed because most people complained last year about the amount of points returners got. In a lot of cases they got more point than starting RBs. Again, they're still more effective in this league than most leagues.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll find the scoring much more balanced this season.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Post #14 on the first page of this thread mentioned that the scoring changed. That was on the 3rd of July. If you missed it, you need to pay more attention.

2- The scoring changed based on suggestions from managers last season.

3- The QBs were scoring 80+ points regularly last season. If a QB went off he could've dropped 100 points. That was a bit much. It's still, though, a QB oriented league compared to more leagues. For example, a QB that throws for 400 yards and 3 TDs gets 29 points in Sharks, but in Monsters he gets 36.

4. The RBs were untouched. 20 yards per point is standard for most PPR leagues. This league does have more bonus points than most leagues, though.

5. Returners were curbed because most people complained last year about the amount of points returners got. In a lot of cases they got more point than starting RBs. Again, they're still more effective in this league than most leagues.

I thought the RB's got a point per 10 last year, no? We also already lessened their value with the roster changes.

With the QB's, I can see lowering the bonuses or increasing the yards per point, but doing both seems like a drastic change.

Don't care too much about returners one way or the other.

Wither way, I admit I should have looked more closely, but I really thought the only position mentioned was QB's being decreased a little. Relative terms are relative, I guess.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the RB's got a point per 10 last year, no? We also already lessened their value with the roster changes.

With the QB's, I can see lowering the bonuses or increasing the yards per point, but doing both seems like a drastic change.

Don't care too much about returners one way or the other.

Wither way, I admit I should have looked more closely, but I really thought the only position mentioned was QB's being decreased a little. Relative terms are relative, I guess.

It doesn't make sense decreasing QBs while leaving the RBs the same in a PPR league. Based on last year's scoring, RBs would consistently score more points than QBs based on the increase.

If you compare our QB scoring to most leagues, it's still more QB driven than the vast majority of them.

Like I said, a QB with 400 yards and 3 TDs gets 36 points. A RB with 100 yards rushing, 3 rec., 40 yards rushing, and 2 TDs get 30 points.

Looks pretty balanced to me.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to make myself clear, I was not complaining. I just wasnt around much in July and the beginning of August due to work and I admit I should have paid closer attention. I would like to suggest that maybe you can post a message in the actual league in the future? Just a thought,

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make sense decreasing QBs while leaving the RBs the same in a PPR league. Based on last year's scoring, RBs would consistently score more points than QBs based on the increase.

If you compare our QB scoring to most leagues, it's still more QB driven than the vast majority of them.

Like I said, a QB with 400 yards and 3 TDs gets 36 points. A RB with 100 yards rushing, 3 rec., 40 yards rushing, and 2 TDs get 30 points.

Looks pretty balanced to me.

Some math changes...

Like I said, a QB with 400 yards and 3 TDs gets 35 points.

A RB with 100 yards rushing (5+3bonus=8pts), 3 rec (3pts), 40 yards rushing (I assume you meant receiving, 4pts) , and 2 TDs (12pts) equals 27pts.

For perspective, a receiver with 8 catches, 100 yds and a TD = 27pts. So while the RB, IMO, had a much better day than the WR, the points are equal.

In the end, I should have looked more closely earlier, just didn't anticipate the magnitude of the changes and I'm just offering my $0.02. It should still be a fun league.