• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft 2.0

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Colts: Andrew Luck QB 6'4" 234 Stanford
The King is dead, long live the King. The Colts are the luckiest Franchise in NFL History to replace one "once in a generation" QB with another.

2. Redskins (trade): Robert Griffin III QB 6'2⅜" 231
The Skins paid a King's ransom for RGIII, I hope it works our for them considering they mortgaged their future for the talented Heisman Trophy winner.

3. Vikings: Matt Kalil OT 6'6⅝" 306
The safest pick in the Draft.

4. Browns: Trent Richardson RB 5'9¼" 228
Cleveland has alot of holes to fill.... ALOT! But getting a Franchise RB in a nice start.

5. Buccaneers: Morris Claiborne CB 5'11⅛" 188
I can actually see a team falling in love with Blackmon and making the move to jump ahead of the Rams to select him. As A.J. Green proved last season a dynamic WR cures alot of ills in an offense. But the Bucs stay the course and select Claiborne.

6. Rams (trade): Justin Blackmon WR 6'0⅞" 207
The best move in the Draft! The Rams trade back, get a boat load of picks, and still get the player they wanted all along.

7. Jaguars: Quinton Coples DE 6'5¾" 284
Though the Jags re-signed Jeremy Mincey (8 sacks) their DE's are still weak and Couples goes a long way to fixing that problem. They would love to trade back with a team looking to move up for Tannehill.

8. Dolphins: Ryan Tannehill QB 6'3⅞" 221
Always the bridesmaid and never the bride. The Dolphins reach for Tannehill after failing to land Peyton Manning.

9. Panthers: Dontari Poe DT 6'3½" 346
This year's "Mike Mamula" award goes to.... Dontari Poe. Happens every year, one guy's stock catches fire and he shoots up the draft boards only to end up being labeled a bust while getting the coaching staff fired.

10. Bills: Riley Reiff OT 6'5¾" 313
I originally had Melvin Ingram here but after the Bills signed over the deed of the Franchise to Mario Williams they decide to rebuild their O-line.

11. Chiefs: Jonathan Martin OT 6'5⅜" 312
I can see DeCastro coming off the board here but the Chiefs drafted OG Rodney Hudson in the 2nd Round last season so instead they opt to find Barry Richardson's replacement.

12. Jets (trade w/seahawks): Melvin Ingram OLB 6'1½" 264
First curve-ball of the draft. The Jets needing to improve their pass rush and fearing another 3-4 team (San Diego, Texans, Patriots) may beat them to the punch trade up for the former Gamecock.

13. Cardinals: Luke Kuechly ILB 6'3¼" 242
A police negotiator has to be called in to talk the Cards off the ledge as they already had Ingram's name filled out on the draft card. With all the top tier OT's off the board it'll be a coin toss between DeCastro and Kuechly but the former BC Eagle wins out.

14. Cowboys: Mark Barron S 6'1" 213
The Cowboys shored up the CB position in Free Agency with the signing of Brandon Carr now they turn their attention to the back-end of their secondary and select one of the most underrated players in the draft.

15. Eagles: Michael Brockers DT 6'5" 322
What do you get a team that has everything? A 6'5" 320 lbs behemoth to clog up the middle. Though they would have preferred for one of the tackles or Kuechly to have fallen they "settle" for Brocker.

16. Seahawks (trade w/jets): David Decastro OG 6'4⅞" 316
The Hawks trade back for more picks and get they player they wanted while screwing the Bengals in the process. I always hated you Pete Carroll!

17. Bengals: Janoris Jenkins CB 5'10" 193
This pick could be anyone! I'm sure Cordy Glenn, Michael Floyd, Lamar Miller and Stephen Hill are all being discussed but the Bengals opt for the troubled player with the multiple arrests.

18. Chargers: Dre Kirkpatrick CB 6'1⅝" 185
I'm sure all the hybrids (Andre Branch, Chandler Jones and Nick Perry) are being discussed here but the Chargers who have a penchant for drafting 1st Round CB's (Quentin Jammer, Antonio Cromartie, Antoine Cason) continue that trend and stops Kirkpatrick's slide.

19. Bears: Fletcher Cox DT 6'4" 298
The Tampa 2 Defense is predicated on having a small 3 technique DT and the Bears haven't had one since Tommie Harris was in his prime. Get use to the name..... Fletcher Cox.

20. Titans: Stephon Gilmore CB 6'0½" 190
When will teams learn (I'm looking at you Mike Brown) that its better to sign your own young talented CB's than betting on finding their replacements. Losing Cortland Finnegan really hurt the Titans and now they'll be forced to reach for the 3rd best CB in the draft.

21. Bengals: Michael Floyd WR 6'2⅝" 220
Again this pick could be anyone as I'm sure Glenn, Floyd, Miller and Hill's name will all be mentioned once more. But knowing how (cough...cough) frugal Mike Brown is I doubt he'll double dip for an OG, even though Glenn is one of the better guards to come around in a long time, after signing Travelle Wharton in Free Agency. The pick between Michael Floyd and Lamar Miller will come down to a coin toss.

22. Browns: Cordy Glenn OT 6'5¾" 345
Mike Holmgren is building this team the way a team is supposed to be built from the inside out. Last year he hit on DT Phil Taylor and this year it'll be Cordy Glenn, one of the most underrated players in this year's draft.

23. Lions: Mike Adams OT 6'7¼" 323
The Lions would have loved to have one of the top CB's fall to them but for the 2nd year in a row that did not happen. Instead they opt for Jeff Backus' eventual replacement. With the emergence of Matthew Stafford the Lions can never have too many talented O-linemen.

24. Steelers: Brandon Thompson NT 6'2" 311
With the release of James Farrior I can easily see Dont'a Hightower's name being called here but the Steelers instead chose to select Casey Hampton heir apparent in Thompson.

25. Broncos: Peter Konz OC 6'5" 314
J.D. Walton is by far the worst Center in the League and for the sake of Manning's health needs to be replaced immediately!

26. Texans: Stephen Hill WR 6'4" 215
Ok, this one is personal to me. The past two seasons I've selected Andre Johnson with my 1st Round pick in my Fantasy League and both years he screwed me with injuries by missing a total of 12 games. The Texans have to find another WR and the "Mike Mamula" award runner-up is the guy.

27. Patriots: Jerel Worthy DE 6'2⅜" 309
For far too long the Patriots have gotten by on retreads on defense while concentrating their attention and dollars on their prolific offensive and it cost them two Super Bowls to the Giants. This year Bill Belichick gets back to his roots and brings in the pieces necessary to restore his reputation as a defensive guru.

28. Packers: Courtney Upshaw OLB 6'1⅝" 272
The Courtney Upshaw's free fall ends here. The Packers in desperate need of another pass rusher select the former Crimson Tide LB to pair with Clay Matthews Jr's long-haired baby boy. Though I can see Andre Branch,
Chandler Jones and Nick Perry's names come up in the conversation.

29. Ravens: Dont'a Hightower ILB 6'2¼" 265
Hmm... another Tide LB in free fall. Go figure. I think the NFL are figuring out that these two guys are not the best athletes and that they may be a product of the scheme ran at Alabama. Either way the Ravens find Ray Lewis' eventual replacement.

30. 49ers: Kendall Wright WR 5'10¼" 196
Wright's poor combine showing really hurt him. As a small and slow WR from a wide open college offense he has "Peter Warrick -esque" bust written all over him. But if anyone can scheme a plan to take advantage of his skills it's Jim Harbaugh.

31. Patriots: Whitney Mercilus OLB 6'3⅝" 261
I can honestly see Whitney Mercilus going alot higher than this as he reminds me of Aldon Smith, the 49er pass rushing phenom who lead all rookies last season with 14 sacks. The phrase of the Day in the Patriot's War Room on April 26th? Pass rushers..... pass rushers..... pass rushers!

32. Giants: Lamar Miller RB 5'10¾" 212
The Giants haven't had a dynamic RB since Rodney Hampton but that will change this year as the Giants select their first RB in the 1st Round since Ron Dayne in 2000. To be honest I can see Doug Martin's name being called here but Miller's home run ability edges out Martin's versatility.

players who fell out of the 1st Round
Andre Branch DE/OLB 6'4¼" 259
Chandler Jones DE/OLB 6'5" 247
Nick Perry DE/OLB 6'2¾" 271
Devon Still DT 6'4⅞" 303
Alshon Jeffery WR 6'2⅞" 216

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, 2 whole days without one person calling my mock stupid? Did everyone's internet service all go down at once?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Bengals will take Jenkins.... Shocking given our love of criminals, but I think we'd be more likely to take Dre if he were there. He fits the bill as both a major college player and a criminal. Look at the schools where we normally draw our first round picks - You have to go back to James Francis to find a pick that wasn't from a major program. Yes, I know that most first rounders are from big-time programs and I also know that Jenkins was at Florida. I just think it would be out of character for us to take him with Dre on the board.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the rest of your draft..... I'll let the other "draft experts" on the board tell you that you're an idiot. I don't know the first thing about most of the guys on this list.