• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MNF WORST RATING EVER

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i reduced watching ESPN because they have moved into the political arena . now that doesnt mean i want to discuss their politics here but i will in the off topic lounge

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i reduced watching ESPN because they have moved into the political arena . now that doesnt mean i want to discuss their politics here but i will in the off topic lounge
Might want to move this topic to off topic I'm fixing unleash tomarrow

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a good representation from around the country so I have a question. No doubt there are many things kids can do today that we/I (this includes you too Sty, you old fart.) One of the things I don't see very much at all anymore is kids outside throwing a baseball a football. I do see some playing basketball. I was doing things like that all the time. I would throw a rubber ball of the wall of the house to catch grounders all the time. Practice hockey, practice golf. I think the lack of things like that have eroded the fan base. This has been going on for years, not just now. Maybe I am just an old guy that is reminiscing.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I didn't ask my question. How many of you see kids outside throwing a ball around?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I didn't ask my question. How many of you see kids outside throwing a ball around?

Good call, and the answer is...Kids aren't doing a lot of outside stuff anymore. The psychology behind this is safety for some and friendship vs discipline for others. Underneath all of this is fear.

I remember a time when kids would get together informally and just "choose sides" or put together your team as you wait to be "next" on the court. Recreation centers were always available, as were police boys clubs, parks, baseball fields, and basketball courts. It didn't take much for kids to transition park spaces, the local baseball field, parcel of land, the blacktop on the local school or a sidewalk into the place where football was going to be played. Now almost all of this is controlled and held in pay to play circumstances. Free styling is forbidden and as applicable it's all replaced by video games.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call, and the answer is...Kids aren't doing a lot of outside stuff anymore. The psychology behind this is safety for some and friendship vs discipline for others. Underneath all of this is fear.

I remember a time when kids would get together informally and just "choose sides" or put together your team as you wait to be "next" on the court. Recreation centers were always available, as were police boys clubs, parks, baseball fields, and basketball courts. It didn't take much for kids to transition park spaces, the local baseball field, parcel of land, the blacktop on the local school or a sidewalk into the place where football was going to be played. Now almost all of this is controlled and held in pay to play circumstances. Free styling is forbidden and as applicable it's all replaced by video games.

Larry Brown played on asphalt . Kids are bitches today . Give them a safe space and acoartcipation trophy

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember challenging other neighborhoods with our team playing tackle football. If you didn't return home with something broken or bloody, you were not asked to come back to play against the next team we challenged. That mentality is why we went on to win state titles in VA in the 80's. That mentality was, "beat the crap" out of the other team until they gave up. :lol:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a good representation from around the country so I have a question. No doubt there are many things kids can do today that we/I (this includes you too Sty, you old fart.) One of the things I don't see very much at all anymore is kids outside throwing a baseball a football. I do see some playing basketball. I was doing things like that all the time. I would throw a rubber ball of the wall of the house to catch grounders all the time. Practice hockey, practice golf. I think the lack of things like that have eroded the fan base. This has been going on for years, not just now. Maybe I am just an old guy that is reminiscing.

Great point. To answer your question...never. I got my son out there just because I thought he should be exposed. A couple of years ago, he would go outside and throw a ball on the roof. Now he is more into jujitsu.

I think sports are dying in overall popularity for many reasons.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many folks have lost or are losing interest in the NFL because of a myriad of things. Constant rule changes like the new roughing the passer interpretation are wrecking the game.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many folks have lost or are losing interest in the NFL because of a myriad of things. Constant rule changes like the new roughing the passer interpretation are wrecking the game.

Saw a defensive lineman tackle a QB last week, the hit was proper (below the shoulders and above the hips) the force of the tackle caused both to hit the ground and this stupid penalty was called for landing on top of the QB. They referred to as driving the QB into the ground) WTH man??? It was barely watchable before these new rule changes, now it's no better than some of these reality shows.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More kids are specializing in one sport and joining travel teams which has turned into a 15 billion dollar business. Considering the coin some of these parents are spending now. Hoping like hell its paving the way for a professional sports career. Some of these parents can't afford their kid getting hurt in a 2 on 2 game of 21 in the driveway.

How Kids’ Sports Became a $15 Billion Industry

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is 100 percent true Breed and I will say I am part of the problem. I don't have kids but through my nephews, through kids we coach etc. THOSE that are playing are looking for the golden ring.

But what about the kid that just takes ball out on the street or the yard and throws it around. Plays 3 on 3 football or plays catch with his buddy? Where are they? To be sure my nephews both grown now, both played college football did not play on the street. Everything was organized football and we were paying trainers to help make them better. Hell they play year round but it is all organized. Maybe I am just an old fart. I loved going outside and playing catch when I was not playing organized sports at the same time organized sports were much different then. Oh well.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More kids are specializing in one sport and joining travel teams which has turned into a 15 billion dollar business. Considering the coin some of these parents are spending now. Hoping like hell its paving the way for a professional sports career. Some of these parents can't afford their kid getting hurt in a 2 on 2 game of 21 in the driveway.

How Kids’ Sports Became a $15 Billion Industry

Parental greed...amazing.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MNF has been on a slow steady decline since they moved from ABC to ESPN.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parental greed...amazing.

I get the long term "parental greed" POV, but isn't the entire industry also greedy because they're profiting on that? just asking!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is something to be said for over saturation too. Thursday night, three games on Sunday and Monday night. Back in the day Monday night used to be the cherry on top.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is something to be said for over saturation too. Thursday night, three games on Sunday and Monday night. Back in the day Monday night used to be the cherry on top.

i think so too

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MNF coverage is awful this year.

On TV anyway. Westwood One continues to do a great job on the radio.