• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB National League Draft : CHAT

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker had a scrimmage game today, that was brutal... We have 3 guys no question Allstars, 2 guys who if they're your bottom 2 on the 10 player Allstar team you're probably pretty damn good... We have 3 guys that we thought long and hard about and said i guess we have to take them... We have 2 guys that are just lord help us... We've lost to every team we've scrimmaged, there's just no getting around it... We suck... Walkers at 3B wishing he could go back to 1B lol... Everytime I find a glimmer of hope, we scrimmage and completely crush that hope...:L

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker had a scrimmage game today, that was brutal... We have 3 guys no question Allstars, 2 guys who if they're your bottom 2 on the 10 player Allstar team you're probably pretty damn good... We have 3 guys that we thought long and hard about and said i guess we have to take them... We have 2 guys that are just lord help us... We've lost to every team we've scrimmaged, there's just no getting around it... We suck... Walkers at 3B wishing he could go back to 1B lol... Everytime I find a glimmer of hope, we scrimmage and completely crush that hope...:L
Emphasize the positives my friend...baseball is more mental than physical, especially with younger kids. Make the 3 you thought long and hard about and the 2 Lord help know you think they have potential to be great players and make everything positive and they will surprise you...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you love the rides as much as I do...and looking at the young chicks wearing next to nothing all day...

Those are the rides he is hoping to get on. Take your pill Nos.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you please put this on my matchups. Thanks!

LINEUP
1. Lou Brock (L) – LF – HOF. 2nd all-time in SB’s, .293 career avg, led the league in SB’s 8 times.
2. Ryne Sandberg (R) - 2B – HOF. 282 career dingers, .285 career avg, 5 season of 30+ SB’s, 9-time gold glove winner, 1-time MVP.
3. Keith Hernandez (L) - 1B - .296 career avg, career ops .821, NL batting title and 1-time MVP, 11-time gold glove winner.
4. Frank Robinson (R) – RF – HOF. .294 career avg, 586 career dingers, NL MVP, AL MVP, WS MVP, batting title and Triple Crown winner.
5. Andre Dawson (R) – CF – HOF. .279 career avg, 438 career dingers, 6 season of 25+ SB’s, NL MVP, 8-time gold glove winner.
6. Gary Carter (R) – C – HOF. 324 career dingers, 3-time gold glove winner, .262 career average.
7. Dan Brouthers (L) - 1B/DH – HOF. 15 straight season of .300+ avg, career .342 avg, led the league 5 times. Slg .519, ops .942, 6 season of 25+ SB’s. 4 NL batting titles.
8. Bill Madlock (R) - 3B – .305 career avg, led the league 4 times, 4 batting titles, .807 ops.
9. Jimmy Rollins (B) – SS – 470 career SB’s, led the league in triples 4 times, NL MVP, 4-time gold glove winner.

BENCH
Enos Slaughter (L) – RF – HOF. .300 career avg, .453 slg, .834 ops.
Steve Garvey (R) - 1B - .294 career avg, 272 career dingers, NL MVP, 2-time NLCS MVP, 4 gold gloves.
Max Carey (B) – CF – HOF. 285 career avg, led the league in SB’s 10 times, 738 career SB’s.
Benito Santiago (R) – C – 217 career dingers, slg .415, ops .722, 3 gold gloves.
Stan Hack (L) - 3B – .301 career avg, .397 slg, .791 ops, led the league in hits and SB’s twice.

ROTATION

1. Greg Maddux (R) – HOF. 355 career wins, 4 CY Youngs in a row, 4 pitching titles and POY awards. 13 straight gold gloves and 18 overall. Led the league in ERA 4 times.
2. Tom Glavine (L) – HOF. 305 career wins, 2 CY Youngs, led the league in wins 5 times, 2-time POY.
3. Orel Hershiser (R) – CY Young winner, POY, and WS MVP, led in WAR 2 times and top 5 4 times.
4. Tim Keefe (R) – HOF. 2.63 career ERA. Led the league in ERA 3 times. 342 career wins. 2 pitching titles and a triple crown winner.
5. Wilbur Cooper (L) – 2.89 career ERA, 216 career wins, top 5 in WAR 5 times.

BULLPEN

Bruce Sutter (R)
Jeff Reardon (R)
Willie Hernandez (L)
Roy Face (R)
Jim Brewer (L)

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emphasize the positives my friend...baseball is more mental than physical, especially with younger kids. Make the 3 you thought long and hard about and the 2 Lord help know you think they have potential to be great players and make everything positive and they will surprise you...

Luckily that's my specialty... It's almost to a fault because a couple of the we'll take those 3 are borderline cocky now lol... Our 2 Lord help us are coming along, I just hoped we had a better shot... Dash went back2back Allstars on great teams then a great travel team... Walker got screwed twice and the 1 team he made sucked and the coaches son thing was in full effect... Now we have a great coach but the team is ouch... I want him to taste some of the great things sports has instead of the BS politics... He's very good but has so much potential, I fear he loses interest before he really see's how good he is...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a few miles from my house and I love spending the day outside doin fun shit.

I'm actually jealous... Haven't been to Six Flags in I don't know how long... Would love to go, oh and take the boys... :nod:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually jealous... Haven't been to Six Flags in I don't know how long... Would love to go, oh and take the boys... :nod:

Ok group SportsHoopla trip to Six Flags. Do we need permission slips signed?

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok group SportsHoopla trip to Six Flags. Do we need permission slips signed?

I'd be down! Just have to figure out the logistics... :scratch:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily that's my specialty... It's almost to a fault because a couple of the we'll take those 3 are borderline cocky now lol... Our 2 Lord help us are coming along, I just hoped we had a better shot... Dash went back2back Allstars on great teams then a great travel team... Walker got screwed twice and the 1 team he made sucked and the coaches son thing was in full effect... Now we have a great coach but the team is ouch... I want him to taste some of the great things sports has instead of the BS politics... He's very good but has so much potential, I fear he loses interest before he really see's how good he is...
Winning is pretty easy my friend...spend at least 30 minutes each practice with the 5 that are not as strong on nothing but bunting....drag bunt, slash, up 1st and 3rd, kill shot, push between P and 1B, fake bunt, fake bunt and steal, safety, squeeze...what happens, is when you play a pitcher who you normally only have 4-5 that can put in play and the rest K, now your entire lineup can put them in play. Then you get guys on base and start the small ball...you'll wipe teams out

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning is pretty easy my friend...spend at least 30 minutes each practice with the 5 that are not as strong on nothing but bunting....drag bunt, slash, up 1st and 3rd, kill shot, push between P and 1B, fake bunt, fake bunt and steal, safety, squeeze...what happens, is when you play a pitcher who you normally only have 4-5 that can put in play and the rest K, now your entire lineup can put them in play. Then you get guys on base and start the small ball...you'll wipe teams out

DAMN IT!!! That's fricken GENIUS!!! I should have come to you early again this year, we play Friday... The coach gave them today off, and a light scrimmage on Thursday... That would have been a great plan... We have some good speed but our bats are pretty weak, our fielding is bad as well so we've been addressing defense... Our pitching is very suspect as well, IMO because the pitchers feel they need to strike out every batter... IMO half because they don't trust the defense the other half is because they want to say they struck everbody out... Our "ace" walked about 12 players in the first, but he also got about 6 hits that should have been outs that weren't... We were down like 15-0 after 1 since we went 3 up 3 down to start off the game... The coach left him in to have him try to fight through the adversity... He's from my league team and he did that twice to us where we started out 9-0... Both times in league he turned it on and pretty much shut the other teams down but those slow starts killed us... And honestly he's our best pitcher... Next year we will be WAY better but it's going to be bad this year...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to add that your advice has been very helpful... I should have listened to you when you said Dash doesn't need to be on a travel team save the money and get a trainer, and get Walker to a trainer sooner than a week before Allstars lol, and a handful of other baseball things you put out there for me to learn from... Seeing the success of you and your boys gives me inspiration and I truly thank you sir... You and the guys here are awesome and I appreciate all of you guys for giving me a space to rant, brag, have some fun drafting and get pissed for losing... :heh: Now if I could just get Nos to take me to Six Flags all would be right in the world... :yes:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also want to add that your advice has been very helpful... I should have listened to you when you said Dash doesn't need to be on a travel team save the money and get a trainer, and get Walker to a trainer sooner than a week before Allstars lol, and a handful of other baseball things you put out there for me to learn from... Seeing the success of you and your boys gives me inspiration and I truly thank you sir... You and the guys here are awesome and I appreciate all of you guys for giving me a space to rant, brag, have some fun drafting and get pissed for losing... :heh: Now if I could just get Nos to take me to Six Flags all would be right in the world... :yes:
Thanks buddy, glad to help. Funny thing about small ball, when I started coaching 16 years ago, we never practiced bunting...I mean, we'd bunt a few at the start of each BP, but never truly worked on it....well, several years back, I was coaching a team that was simply loaded...we were runner up in Super Series Majors National Championship, and I added 3 great players to go to other events...we were like 33-2, killing everyone. Then we get beat by a team that had nowhere near the talent we did(but a far better coach lol, HS coach, former MLB scout and still a great friend)....they had 3-4 guys that could touch my pitching, he bunted the rest. The best kid they had could push the ball past the pitcher and in front of the 2B at will...they tore us up....now, all my teams work small ball as much as swing away, and I usually don't even call for it...if a kid that can smash comes up and sees them playing him back, he just drops it down and gets a free hit

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure you love the rides as much as I do...and looking at the young chicks wearing next to nothing all day...

We have a winner! :suds:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if there are no drops and pickups ill get the playin games posted.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fem will pick later. Heading out to diner.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 4 playin games have been decided, thank you gents. I'm checking on my lasagna quick and i'll post the quarterfinal games.

30,000 baby!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@UK Cowboy did you see where Jamal Murray wants to play?