• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodnight y'all... have a great night....

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I texted Femur

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Shane

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Stoke

Chomp_Chomp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,090.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys so I would normally do a "Best and Worst" in the other forum, so I figured why not do it here. This just my opinion, based on my ranking on where I think drafters got good or bad value. Enjoy!

ROUND 1:

BEST: Barry Bonds - Smitty

- This one was a pretty tough call between Bonds and Randy Johnson for me. I consider Unit the best LHP of all time, so I thought his value would be in the top-10. Getting him at #14 was nice. But getting Bonds at #5, arguably the most dangerous hitter of all time, is a tremendous get for Smitty.

WORST: Jose Altuve - Stoke

- Man, im not going to lie, this pick through me for loop. I am one of Altuve’s biggest fans, and think he is a tremendous player. But 13th overall….. Im sorry I just can’t see that.

ROUND 2:

BEST: Alex Rodriguez - Devil

- This one wasn’t really close. A Rod is crazy value at 2/14, and should have been long gone. I was devastated when he went the pick before me. Mays/ARod is a tremendous start to a team, well done.

WORST: Hack Wilson - Stoke

- I swear I’m not picking on you, but man, Hack Wilson?!? Good ball player, not knocking him. But at 2/4, it just makes no sense. I don’t understand the argument that Hack Wilson is the 20th best player in MLB history.

ROUND 3:

BEST: Nolan Ryan - Ritzy

- Im not the biggest Ryan fan and tend to think he gets overdrafted in most of the drafts I have been a part of. However, I think this was a good spot for him. No other pick really stood out, and this was my best value pick.

WORST: Justin Verlander - Saxy

- Over Ryan, Carlton, Palmer, Glavine, Scherzer? I don’t know, personally I don’t like the value there of Verlander. Think he could have been gotten in the 5th or 6th and the pick could have been used somewhere else.

ROUND 4:

BEST: Joe Morgan - Chomp

- Not to toot my own horn here, but Morgan was great value. Arguably the best 2B of all time at the second to last pick in the 4th, thank you!

WORST: Willie Keeler - Stoke

- At this point I think you’re just kind of trolling and taking the shortest player you can. 5’6” 5’6” 5’7” and 5’4” are the 4 players you have picked thus far…

ROUND 5:

BEST: Tony Gwynn - Nos

- A guy who I always try to get, but just never ends up on my team. I loved his overall approach to the game, and his bat is just a useful thing to have in your lineup.

WORST: Nolan Arenado - Saxy

- So in all fairness, I did draft Arenado in our last MLB draft we just did. However, I took him much later. I just don’t see the argument for Arenado as the 5th best 3B ever.

ROUND 6:

BEST: Cal Ripken - BG

- Man 6/11 for Ripken? Well done sir. Great value, great pick. Big fan of Ripken, and to get him this late is a steal in my opinion.

WORST: Tommy Bond - Stoke

- Surprise! This guy is 5’7” lol

ROUND 7:

BEST: Vladimir Guerrero - 500

- This pick hurt, I was hoping he would fall back to me, and I really wanted his bat in my lineup. I may have Vlad rated higher than most, but I think he is a tremendous player and really good value here.

WORST: Omitting Stoke and his midget team:

- Dont really see a “worst” pick here. Everyone hit good value I think.

ROUND 8:

BEST: None

- Don’t really see a best pick here. Nothing really stands out. I like the Eddie Murray pick, but traded picks are tough for me to evaluate as “best” because of trade value win/loss.

WORST: Sammy Sosa - Bums

- One of my least favorite and in my opinion overrated players to ever play. .252 BA and a .311 OBP…. I get his later years bring down those averages, but he hit over .300 only 3 times and had an OBP over .400 only twice. I try not to let “steroid” use matter in my rankings, because honestly I don’t think its that big of a deal in most cases. But Sosa would have been an average player at best without drugs.

ROUND 9:

BEST: Larry Walker - Shane

- FBAS guys know, I usually end up with Walker in most drafts we do. I think he is an elite left handed bat, that gets under rated due to ball park. His away splits are still excellent and he could just fall out hit the baseball. Good value.

WORST: Satchel Paige - Ritzy

- When doing a strictly MLB only draft, I view Paige as a borderline undraftable player. He just didn’t do enough in his short amount of time. Unfortunately, he was far past his prime, and just wasn’t a “great” player then. In his prime, I consider him a top-10 pitcher of all time. But he wasn’t that player in the MLB.

ROUND 10:

BEST: Carlos Beltran - Shane

- Carlos Beltran ranks in the top-50 in 2B, HR, and RBIs. That shocked me when I was ranking my players. He is a do it all guy, who plays plus defense and was a terrific baserunner. Solid pick here and back to back bests for me.

WORST: George Davis - Smitty

- You pulling a stoke here and just trying to draft the shortest guy you can? Admittedly don’t know a ton about Davis, but a his stats are underwhelming, and with other teams not really dropping the ball this round; Davis got the nod.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys so I would normally do a "Best and Worst" in the other forum, so I figured why not do it here. This just my opinion, based on my ranking on where I think drafters got good or bad value. Enjoy!

ROUND 1:

- This one was a pretty tough call between Bonds and Randy Johnson for me. I consider Unit the best LHP of all time, so I thought his value would be in the top-10. Getting him at #14 was nice. But getting Bonds at #5, arguably the most dangerous hitter of all time, is a tremendous get for Smitty.

- Man, im not going to lie, this pick through me for loop. I am one of Altuve’s biggest fans, and think he is a tremendous player. But 13th overall….. Im sorry I just can’t see that.

ROUND 2:

- This one wasn’t really close. A Rod is crazy value at 2/14, and should have been long gone. I was devastated when he went the pick before me. Mays/ARod is a tremendous start to a team, well done.

- I swear I’m not picking on you, but man, Hack Wilson?!? Good ball player, not knocking him. But at 2/4, it just makes no sense. I don’t understand the argument that Hack Wilson is the 20th best player in MLB history.

ROUND 3:

- Im not the biggest Ryan fan and tend to think he gets overdrafted in most of the drafts I have been a part of. However, I think this was a good spot for him. No other pick really stood out, and this was my best value pick.

- Over Ryan, Carlton, Palmer, Glavine, Scherzer? I don’t know, personally I don’t like the value there of Verlander. Think he could have been gotten in the 5th or 6th and the pick could have been used somewhere else.

ROUND 4:

- Not to toot my own horn here, but Morgan was great value. Arguably the best 2B of all time at the second to last pick in the 4th, thank you!

- At this point I think you’re just kind of trolling and taking the shortest player you can. 5’6” 5’6” 5’7” and 5’4” are the 4 players you have picked thus far…

ROUND 5:

- A guy who I always try to get, but just never ends up on my team. I loved his overall approach to the game, and his bat is just a useful thing to have in your lineup.

- So in all fairness, I did draft Arenado in our last MLB draft we just did. However, I took him much later. I just don’t see the argument for Arenado as the 5th best 3B ever.

ROUND 6:

- Man 6/11 for Ripken? Well done sir. Great value, great pick. Big fan of Ripken, and to get him this late is a steal in my opinion.

ROUND 7:

- This pick hurt, I was hoping he would fall back to me, and I really wanted his bat in my lineup. I may have Vlad rated higher than most, but I think he is a tremendous player and really good value here.

ROUND 8:

- Don’t really see a best pick here. Nothing really stands out. I like the Eddie Murray pick, but traded picks are tough for me to evaluate as “best” because of trade value win/loss.

- One of my least favorite and in my opinion overrated players to ever play. .252 BA and a .311 OBP…. I get his later years bring down those averages, but he hit over .300 only 3 times and had an OBP over .400 only twice. I try not to let “steroid” use matter in my rankings, because honestly I don’t think its that big of a deal in most cases. But Sosa would have been an average player at best without drugs.

ROUND 9:

- FBAS guys know, I usually end up with Walker in most drafts we do. I think he is an elite left handed bat, that gets under rated due to ball park. His away splits are still excellent and he could just fall out hit the baseball. Good value.

- When doing a strictly MLB only draft, I view Paige as a borderline undraftable player. He just didn’t do enough in his short amount of time. Unfortunately, he was far past his prime, and just wasn’t a “great” player then. In his prime, I consider him a top-10 pitcher of all time. But he wasn’t that player in the MLB.

ROUND 10:

- Carlos Beltran ranks in the top-50 in 2B, HR, and RBIs. That shocked me when I was ranking my players. He is a do it all guy, who plays plus defense and was a terrific baserunner. Solid pick here and back to back bests for me.

- You pulling a stoke here and just trying to draft the shortest guy you can? Admittedly don’t know a ton about Davis, but a his stats are underwhelming, and with other teams not really dropping the ball this round; Davis got the nod.

Nice analysis, you are looking like Stoke over here lol. He is the analysis and stat guy

I know I picked him but I wouldn't care who picked him...if you get Gehrig at 15 that is a huge steal imo. Randy is also a steal. Bonds at 5 but not a huge steal, a lot of people have Mays, Teddy as better or equal players/hitters.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thought...Cal Ripken in the 6th isn't a steal imo. I think he was one of the most overrated players of all-time. Tough player, work ethic and durability off the charts but his numbers were pedestrian, even his MVP years compared to other MVP years

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ROUND 1:

ROUND 2:

ROUND 3:

ROUND 4:

ROUND 5:

ROUND 6:

ROUND 7:

ROUND 8:

ROUND 9:

ROUND 10:

I’m just impressed I didn’t get worst pick every round!

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work @Chomp_Chomp - Murray trade didn't really hurt us (we lost some C tarfets but ended up with Munson so we are happy)...so we'll take our "best" there :)

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw I usually get Walker not you

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text 500

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Ripken one of the most underrated players ever? He is safely 3rd in SS War, Jaws, War7. For me the clear 3rd best SS ever and a top 50 player (maybe 60) - but getting him at 91 is nice

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Ripken one of the most underrated players ever? He is safely 3rd in SS War, Jaws, War7. For me the clear 3rd best SS ever and a top 50 player (maybe 60) - but getting him at 91 is nice

war is nice but I dont rely on it. He is there due to longevity, othee factors, etc.

.276 .340 .447 .788

His 162 average was .278 23 HR’s 91 RBI’s

There is nothing top 50 player about those stat lines imo. Not sure if you are counting his iron man ability or something

Mookie

Hoopla Cash
$ 74,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
war is nice but I dont rely on it. He is there due to longevity, othee factors, etc.

.276 .340 .447 .788

His 162 average was .278 23 HR’s 91 RBI’s

There is nothing top 50 player about those stat lines imo. Not sure if you are counting his iron man ability or something
doesn't sound like you give much consideration to the era he played in