• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, MLB only...

I am a little upset at this. I seriously was going to draft several ***** stud players who never got the chance to play in MLB. Especially says rules say NO RESTRICTIONS.

Edit: The chat thread does say MLB dynasty so I stand a little less offended but still want to be put on record as saying ***** players should count one of these drafts we do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little upset at this. I seriously was going to draft several ***** stud players who never got the chance to play in MLB. Especially says rules say NO RESTRICTIONS.

It does say "MLB" in the draft title though...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it hard to believe? Every generation is bigger, stronger, and faster. That’s just facts. In the past decade the avg fastball speed has increased by more than 3mph. The league average was below 90 until 2008ish. I just don’t really see guys throwing that hard 90 years ago. I think it’s more likely they were throwing high 80s at best. I personally don’t think it matters a whole lot in the overall discussion for me. Walter is still a god. But that’s just my 2 on the fastball talk.
Every generation isn't that much bigger, stronger and faster than you think Bro, they just have steroids. Case in point, Home Run totals in the Majors. HR leader this year was Khris Davis with 48. Todays ballparks are the smallest they have ever been, the balls are juiced, the strike zones are reduced, guys swing for HR's every time up(Bryce Harper), and the HR leader is 48? 1979 leader was Dave Kingman with 49, Mantle hit 52 in 1956, Foxx hit 48 in 33, Ruth hit 60 in 27, where the Hell is it? The only time there was a spike was the steroid era. Baseball has done more to clean up their sport at the pro level than all the other sports combined, although roids are rampant at the college and HS level, and don't get me started on football. The average FB speed has gone up, in part because MPH equate to dollars, just like HR's for hitters, so guys care more about velo today than anything else, just like hitters are willing to hit .240 for an extra 4-5 bombs. Nolan Ryan threw as hard 50 years ago as anyone in the game today, yet he was a little better than .500 pitcher(against those little guys lol), because what was true then is true now...anyone can hit a fastball. You line up a guy with a 100 mph FB but no off speed and it will look like HR derby, and that's at the college level, let alone the MLB. That's why a guy like Greg Maddux could(and still could) totally dominate the game with a FB that set 88. That's also why so many guys that come up that can throw 100 are either converted to one inning closers or become starters that set in the 92-93 range, because they understand command is more important than velo. As to the extra 3 MPH average FB's, if you think Mantle couldn't hit .300 with 40+ bombs per year now, your nuts lol

BG82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every generation isn't that much bigger, stronger and faster than you think Bro, they just have steroids. Case in point, Home Run totals in the Majors. HR leader this year was Khris Davis with 48. Todays ballparks are the smallest they have ever been, the balls are juiced, the strike zones are reduced, guys swing for HR's every time up(Bryce Harper), and the HR leader is 48? 1979 leader was Dave Kingman with 49, Mantle hit 52 in 1956, Foxx hit 48 in 33, Ruth hit 60 in 27, where the Hell is it? The only time there was a spike was the steroid era. Baseball has done more to clean up their sport at the pro level than all the other sports combined, although roids are rampant at the college and HS level, and don't get me started on football. The average FB speed has gone up, in part because MPH equate to dollars, just like HR's for hitters, so guys care more about velo today than anything else, just like hitters are willing to hit .240 for an extra 4-5 bombs. Nolan Ryan threw as hard 50 years ago as anyone in the game today, yet he was a little better than .500 pitcher(against those little guys lol), because what was true then is true now...anyone can hit a fastball. You line up a guy with a 100 mph FB but no off speed and it will look like HR derby, and that's at the college level, let alone the MLB. That's why a guy like Greg Maddux could(and still could) totally dominate the game with a FB that set 88. That's also why so many guys that come up that can throw 100 are either converted to one inning closers or become starters that set in the 92-93 range, because they understand command is more important than velo. As to the extra 3 MPH average FB's, if you think Mantle couldn't hit .300 with 40+ bombs per year now, your nuts lol

I comp Mike Trout to Mickey Mantle. I agree with this post

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I comp Mike Trout to Mickey Mantle. I agree with this post

and I agree with this post....for no reason at all.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course the league average is going up, especially in this time and age, but I think the point is I believe there were guys in every decade/era that could sling it. I don't think it crazy that Walter could hit 96-97. I also don't think it is crazy that Feller hit close to 100. There have been commentators/coaches/former players say that Feller was one of the hardest throwing pitchers they have ever saw. Kiner said he saw Feller and Ryan pitch and Feller threw just as hard as Ryan, but he had a better curve. So it's not like these claims are not backed up. They also had photo-electric devices that were said to be just as accurate as radar guns. Technology is making it to where nowadays, you see more and more guys throwing it harder. Arm talent is arm talent. Some guys have it, some guys don't.
Exactly. Even in basketball, where the game looks so different now than 50 years ago, the great players would still be great today. Simple equation. MJ was as good as LBJ(at least) who came after him. Magic Johnson was about as good as MJ. KAJ, who played at the end with Magic, was just as good as Magic. Wilt was just as good as KAJ. Translation...Wilt was the same caliber player as LBJ.
Football is the exception, where everyone is juiced out of their minds, even the backs(take a look at Troy Aikman sitting beside Joe Buck and ''Moose'' Johnston when he worked with Dick Stockton...they are all the same size guys now LMAO.