• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft III : CHAT

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Even in basketball, where the game looks so different now than 50 years ago, the great players would still be great today. Simple equation. MJ was as good as LBJ(at least) who came after him. Magic Johnson was about as good as MJ. KAJ, who played at the end with Magic, was just as good as Magic. Wilt was just as good as KAJ. Translation...Wilt was the same caliber player as LBJ.
Football is the exception, where everyone is juiced out of their minds, even the backs(take a look at Troy Aikman sitting beside Joe Buck and ''Moose'' Johnston when he worked with Dick Stockton...they are all the same size guys now LMAO.

Yep, you still saw LB's that were 250-260 back then. Everything is beefed up now to make everyone seem better, faster, stronger...back in the day everything was done behind closed doors (for the most part).
Bob Hayes was just as fast as Deion who was just as fast CJ2K and so on.

A lot of the rules have changed in major sports (mainly football and basketball) so it really changes everything and the perspective on the players...kinda sad actually.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, you still saw LB's that were 250-260 back then. Everything is beefed up now to make everyone seem better, faster, stronger...back in the day everything was done behind closed doors (for the most part).
Bob Hayes was just as fast as Deion who was just as fast CJ2K and so on.

A lot of the rules have changed in major sports (mainly football and basketball) so it really changes everything and the perspective on the players...kinda sad actually.
It really does, that's why baseball is the one sport where you can still compare players from era's equally. Football, between the juice, and anyone around the game knows, that even if a guy in the NFL isn't on the sauce now, it's 90-95% that he used them in HS or college, and all the rule changes, there is just no way to translate, except for how dominant a guy was vs his peers. Hoops, the guy are so much more athletic, but because of salary's and longevity, most of the best athletes are now playing basketball from a young age instead of the other major sports, and there is no question that you can play at a high level at a far younger age, which has led to a higher skill level across the board

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I pick all SPs pre 1930, I would need only 3 right since they start every 4t
I am a little upset at this. I seriously was going to draft several ***** stud players who never got the chance to play in MLB. Especially says rules say NO RESTRICTIONS.

Edit: The chat thread does say MLB dynasty so I stand a little less offended but still want to be put on record as saying ***** players should count one of these drafts we do.

and Japan players, Cuban players, Korean players....a World baseball draft.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking to make an early trade. Players and picks or just players. Nobody is off limits, just looking to mix it up...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did text Meebs

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha love the shizz talk

Not shizz talk. We just know the future. We hooplans see the future. Early hooplites(female hooplans) we’re burned at a stake or drowned because they weren’t like a duck.

BG82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not shizz talk. We just know the future. We hooplans see the future. Early hooplites(female hooplans) we’re burned at a stake or drowned because they weren’t like a duck.

This guy is baked as fuck lol

BG82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good, looks like at least competent drafters here. I was skeptical at first

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good, looks like at least competent drafters here. I was skeptical at first

First rule of drafting here is to recognize my genius - and then vote against my team ;)