• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft II : Chat

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, the reason great pitching does well against great hitting in all star games is because they don't go through the order more than once. Great hitting beats great pitching unless you are only gonna let Walter Johnson go 3 innings then rely on your pen...
One more point on hitting vs pitching..... the 1927 Yankees, the greatest offensive team in history, a lineup that would rival a lot of these Mocks.......that team scored 976 runs in 155 games.......6.3 per game.....
In a time where teams didn't bring in 3-4 relievers per game, going against every good, average and bad starter in the league, 6.3 runs was it......
So, if they were going against a HOF pitcher every game, with a great defense and bullpen behind them, what do they score then? 2?3? Seriously, no chance they blow all time great pitchers out

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick is in...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more point on hitting vs pitching..... the 1927 Yankees, the greatest offensive team in history, a lineup that would rival a lot of these Mocks.......that team scored 976 runs in 155 games.......6.3 per game.....
In a time where teams didn't bring in 3-4 relievers per game, going against every good, average and bad starter in the league, 6.3 runs was it......
So, if they were going against a HOF pitcher every game, with a great defense and bullpen behind them, what do they score then? 2?3? Seriously, no chance they blow all time great pitchers out
again, I don't think either side is actually better... Great pitching vs great hitting... you really have to measure it individually... a strike out pitcher, who walks a lot of batters will have trouble vs a team that is patient and has good contact percentage... but vs a team that swings away, that pitcher could have a all time great game... its always Strength vs strength, or strength vs weakness, or weakness vs weakness... I wouldn't trust a fly ball pitcher from the olden days vs a HR hitting team...

But look at Pedro Martinez, randy Johnson, Gregg maddux and roger Clemens... they all did amazing in the steroid era where they faced better offensive teams than any other pitchers... they did pretty well for themselves...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, I don't think either side is actually better... Great pitching vs great hitting... you really have to measure it individually... a strike out pitcher, who walks a lot of batters will have trouble vs a team that is patient and has good contact percentage... but vs a team that swings away, that pitcher could have a all time great game... its always Strength vs strength, or strength vs weakness, or weakness vs weakness... I wouldn't trust a fly ball pitcher from the olden days vs a HR hitting team...

But look at Pedro Martinez, randy Johnson, Gregg maddux and roger Clemens... they all did amazing in the steroid era where they faced better offensive teams than any other pitchers... they did pretty well for themselves...
Totally agree. Both sides would get theirs. But the thought of Walter Johnson getting chased after one time through, lmao....

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense. But you're off your rocker. Johnson could go 7 innings and give up maybe 3 runs or less all day long. Dominate the hitters. You also have to factor in for these pitchers how great these defenses are. Give a guy like Johnson these guys behind him on D, and you'd be lucky to see 3 runs. My OF is Raines, Speaker and Clemente. If you hit it to the OF, you'd better hit it over the fence, cause it aint hitting the ground

Thats redonkulous even the 27 yanks werent stacked like the teams we have. Johnson had an era of 4.47 at yankee stadium and thats not pitching to 9 hall of famers.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats redonkulous even the 27 yanks werent stacked like the teams we have. Johnson had an era of 4.47 at yankee stadium and thats not pitching to 9 hall of famers.

I agree with you on the hitting but Randy in NY is a bad example. Dude was an absolute basket case with the Yankees. Just couldn't deal with NY at all.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is that easy to call pitching or offense more important in these mocks... We all will be great somewhere, so it really is about matchups... I don't like a player like Nolan Ryan in a draft like this because he walks to many players, and the thing with these all time greats is lots of them Walk a lot and don't strike out a lot... that is minimizing Ryan's strength and maximizing his weakness...

but overall, I don't think you can win these mocks with a bad rotation, especially since offense formation has more flexibility and you can get away with having lesser players easier than in your rotation...
How would someone possibly have a bad rotation? 40 starting pitchers are going to be drafted.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Both sides would get theirs. But the thought of Walter Johnson getting chased after one time through, lmao....

Where did I say he gets chased, I understand he is maybe the best pitcher of all time but if you honestly think he mows these teams down you're delusional.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on the hitting but Randy in NY is a bad example. Dude was an absolute basket case with the Yankees. Just couldn't deal with NY at all.

Walter not Randy

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career, in their house, which includes younger and older years. That's also going through their lineup 4-5 times, as he pitched 8-9 innings a game. The 27 Yankees lineup state wise, would match up, Ruth, Gehrig, plus 6 other .300 hitters.... Not saying he could throw straight shutouts, but with a Great defense, in his Prime, 2-3 runs over 6 innings then hand it to the pen, no question IMO

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think im up gimme a couple

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say he gets chased, I understand he is maybe the best pitcher of all time but if you honestly think he mows these teams down you're delusional.
And if you think he'd have to get yanked after one time through, your delerious

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Career, in their house, which includes younger and older years. That's also going through their lineup 4-5 times, as he pitched 8-9 innings a game. The 27 Yankees lineup state wise, would match up, Ruth, Gehrig, plus 6 other .300 hitters.... Not saying he could throw straight shutouts, but with a Great defense, in his Prime, 2-3 runs over 6 innings then hand it to the pen, no question IMO

LOLZZZ

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you think he'd have to get yanked after one time through, your delerious

NEVER did I say that, try rereading what I said as it refered to the All Star game...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rube Waddell, did you Google him Ritz?

First man to strikeout 300 batters in back to back years. Second guy was Koufax, 61 years later. His 349 Ks was a league record for 60 years. He led the league in Ks six straight years and Ks/9 7 years in a row. 8 times total. With a whopping 2.16 career ERA.

He wrestled alligators in the offseason, and...... Played pro football.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rube Waddell...? Never heard of him...:noidea: