• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Dynasty Draft II : Chat

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disliked WLK's pick of Ed Walsh. Not because he is a bad pitcher but A) Walsh is no where close to being worthy of a first round pick B) I had to google the guy first before understanding he had a good era, whip, some damn stat which is my point a 1st pick should be a WOW player not a google player. C) Plenty of other guys who were better so if he really wanted Walsh he could have traded his pick to Nos who was looking to get another 1st round pick then taken Walsh in maybe 5th rd which still would have been early for him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tris Speaker is the best pick of the draft IMO. I think Wilhelm while a great pitcher is the worst pick so far, he's a long reliever in a draft where rotation and starting lineup wins. Great player bad pick when you still need to fill up the much more important parts of your team.
I don't think rotation wins personally.

A long man that can also close is just as valuable as a 4-5th starter I think.

Not that Speaker wasn't a great pick, he was. I'm just a little partial to the outfielder that was taken with the pick immediately following him.

By the way, I think Nolan Ryan is at his peak in value in this mock. #1 power pitcher ever. Sure he walks people, oh well. More players turn around and walk back to the dugout against him than anyone. Aside from relievers who come in to face one or two at a time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disliked WLK's pick of Ed Walsh. Not because he is a bad pitcher but A) Walsh is no where close to being worthy of a first round pick B) I had to google the guy first before understanding he had a good era, whip, some damn stat which is my point a 1st pick should be a WOW player not a google player. C) Plenty of other guys who were better so if he really wanted Walsh he could have traded his pick to Nos who was looking to get another 1st round pick then taken Walsh in maybe 5th rd which still would have been early for him.
I'd have been happy to have Walsh as my #1, but it would have been in the 4th round.

You better not have to Google him next time.....

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let you in on a little secret, prolly once a week I see a post from jeffro, while I'm close to falling asleep and for a split second I think Josh is back. I don't forget he's no longer with us, I honestly think he's back. Even if it's just a split second. Then I miss him.

I'm cool with seeing that White Tiger. He was a man worth showing respect.

On the likes, it's cuz I always kiss butt on the AL Central Smack thread. And never stand my ground on minority opinions. Hahaha. (I haven't even posted 2000 times since the upgrade. Lost like 5800 Vbucks and 4300 likes.(and all my old favorite PMs. You say funny shit when you're medicalky high ritz.) Man did the new like system ever chap Robotics ass.... Hahaha. I liked picking that scab. Ughhhh..... Damnit.....)

Amen Josh deserves the respect just stating it makes me depressed a little. Also Im funny with and without meds. My quote I created years ago is this "I don't care if you laugh at me or with me. As long as your laughing is all at that matters".

Well good night Smitty and Nos. I'm going to try to get to sleep. Wife works tomorrow morning and I got the kid till 4pm all alone so need my energy for that little guy. Peace out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G'night Ritz!

I shoulda said funnier.... Or at a whole different funny level.

Your filter goes away.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got WLK's 1 player list so UK and Smitty don't take his guy :nono:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. We all have all-star lineups. So when you have all-star hitters vs all-star pitchers who wins? I think the edge goes to the hitters. The all-star pitchers are great because they can get the good players out most of the time but are so-so against the best batters. Example in the all star games the scores are normally high meaning the batters roughed up the best pitchers. Is this fair/accurate view? I just see hitters being more valuable when dealing with the best of the best. Love to hear everyone's thoughts if your still awake or when you awake in the morning.
I have to totally disagree. When you look throughout history, all star hitters MURDER average to pretty good pitching, but in all star games and the playoffs, the great pitchers dominate. Now, in all stars and playoffs, the #"s 2,3,4 and 5 may get crushed, but the true aces and all time greats dominate the hitters still, and the numbers will back that up. Great hitting defeats GOOD pitching, Great pitching defeats great hitting:2cents:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 is OTC and has been pm'd

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitters, hands down.

I'm kinda glad you guys have went after pitching so heavily.

But I don't think the AllStar game is good indicator. Until Bud went crazy, it didn't matter.

I don't think it is that easy to call pitching or offense more important in these mocks... We all will be great somewhere, so it really is about matchups... I don't like a player like Nolan Ryan in a draft like this because he walks to many players, and the thing with these all time greats is lots of them Walk a lot and don't strike out a lot... that is minimizing Ryan's strength and maximizing his weakness...

but overall, I don't think you can win these mocks with a bad rotation, especially since offense formation has more flexibility and you can get away with having lesser players easier than in your rotation...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I loved the Tris speaker pick, I wish I was the one who got him... I had a plan to get a similar player at SS, but tris speaker is so much better than that player... He would have fit perfectly into my lineup and made me UNSTOPPABLE!!! also I wish I got Chipper jones too... I was shocked he was taken so early, but that's only because I REALLY wanted him...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it is that easy to call pitching or offense more important in these mocks... We all will be great somewhere, so it really is about matchups... I don't like a player like Nolan Ryan in a draft like this because he walks to many players, and the thing with these all time greats is lots of them Walk a lot and don't strike out a lot... that is minimizing Ryan's strength and maximizing his weakness...

but overall, I don't think you can win these mocks with a bad rotation, especially since offense formation has more flexibility and you can get away with having lesser players easier than in your rotation...
:agree:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to pick Bonds with my first pick... But he is the most frusterating player in these mocks... Before the steroids, he was a good defender, he had speed, great OBP, and he had great power(averaged over 30 HR per season)...

then he just became a HR monster and OBP monster...

The problem is that he was 2 different players... If I want him to be the Best offensive player ever(he really was probably better than RUTH), then he would have no speed, and no defense...

the younger bonds would belong in this mock, but there would be no way he would be taken anywhere near the first round... probably would have gone in the 4th round with Ken Griffey JR...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to pick Bonds with my first pick... But he is the most frusterating player in these mocks... Before the steroids, he was a good defender, he had speed, great OBP, and he had great power(averaged over 30 HR per season)...

then he just became a HR monster and OBP monster...

The problem is that he was 2 different players... If I want him to be the Best offensive player ever(he really was probably better than RUTH), then he would have no speed, and no defense...

the younger bonds would belong in this mock, but there would be no way he would be taken anywhere near the first round... probably would have gone in the 4th round with Ken Griffey JR...
To me, MLB made a mockery of the roids. They KNEW Bonds and all the other juicers were doing it, but they milked it for every penny they get, sportscenter lead ins every night. Then they come out all offended when guys were popped. Whatever

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to totally disagree. When you look throughout history, all star hitters MURDER average to pretty good pitching, but in all star games and the playoffs, the great pitchers dominate. Now, in all stars and playoffs, the #"s 2,3,4 and 5 may get crushed, but the true aces and all time greats dominate the hitters still, and the numbers will back that up. Great hitting defeats GOOD pitching, Great pitching defeats great hitting:2cents:

I disagree, the reason great pitching does well against great hitting in all star games is because they don't go through the order more than once. Great hitting beats great pitching unless you are only gonna let Walter Johnson go 3 innings then rely on your pen...

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
500 where you at man

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, the reason great pitching does well against great hitting in all star games is because they don't go through the order more than once. Great hitting beats great pitching unless you are only gonna let Walter Johnson go 3 innings then rely on your pen...
No offense. But you're off your rocker. Johnson could go 7 innings and give up maybe 3 runs or less all day long. Dominate the hitters. You also have to factor in for these pitchers how great these defenses are. Give a guy like Johnson these guys behind him on D, and you'd be lucky to see 3 runs. My OF is Raines, Speaker and Clemente. If you hit it to the OF, you'd better hit it over the fence, cause it aint hitting the ground

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to baseball reference. Go to Walter Johnson. Schedule, June 1,1925. At the end of his career, well past his prime at 37 years old.....7.2 innings, 1 earned run. 25 Yankees, Ruth, Gehrig, Meusel, Schang. At 37. 3 innings? In his prime? Get out of here

:wash: